“We only had one problem that kept us from giving 5 stars...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Norcross

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Norcross to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Norcross
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30071   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 38 hotels in Norcross

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Waterloo, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at this Hotel 3-4 times a year for a few years now.I stayed at this Hotel just after it was renovated maybe 10 years ago and now its starting to show it's age. The bathroom taps leak in most of the rooms I have stayed in and the cailing in the bathroom that I stayed in last week was peeling badly. Breakfast is fine just don't expect it to be cooked to order. I like to stay on the back side of the hotel as the front faces PeachTree Blvd. which is fairly busy. This is a reasonably priced hotel and the rooms are generally quiet. Free internet and plenty of free parling is a plus.
Not a bad place to stay just don't have too hi of expectations.

• Stayed December 2012
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was totally uneventful and therefore totally satisfying - almost. The beds were great, the room was clean and quiet, and the breakfast (with the exception of semi-nasty scrambled eggs was fine.

We packed, left a tip for the housekeeper, and checked out. Now the problems begin. I noted when arriving home that my iPhone charger was not in my luggage. Left it in the room, I assumed. Our stay was on a Friday, so Saturday morning I called the hotel to check. I was told that the person who handled lost and found was not there and would not be back until Monday. I was put through to their voicemail where I left a message. On Tuesday morning I had not received a call back so I called again and was again put through to voicemail where I left another message. On Wednesday morning I had not received a call back so I asked for the manager and was connected to voicemail again where I left a message. Finally I called the desk, asked for the manager and said I do not want voicemail, I wanted to speak to them. The desk person said the manager was not in so I asked for someone in authority who could help. I was connected to Sales where the person who answered listened to my story and asked me to hold. She came back and said she had checked with housekeeping and the manager and both said there had been nothing turned in. Also she said they had a bunch of iPhone chargers from previous customers.

I apologize from all this verbiage but two things jump out at me. One - someone lied to me when they said the manager was not in. Two - although it is not required, someone could have taken charge and offered to send me one of the old chargers, although I did not request that and realize that is not their responsibility.

These people run a perfectly nice hotel, but I can see no reason why they would choose to ruin a customer relationship simply through inaction. It took four calls and a completely unnecessary runaround to answer a simple question which I would bet happens on almost a daily basis. The customer relationship does not end with checkout.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Even the carpet bordering ALL the walls was clean. I took note of the popcorn ceiling after reading reviews and it was the old "thick cement" ceilings with heavy popcorn. But it made for a quieter stay than the new hotels being built!!!! And my ceiling WAS clean. The tub had been repaired. So that did not look the greatest, but shower head was off the charts. Never seen a head like this. POWERFUL. I go to a massage therapist twice a month and this was one more shower head. Great. Breakfast was wonderful. I overslept. Arrived to eat as they were trying to close and they just went over and turned on the orange juice. I looked @ her in disbelief. Omelets, bacon, stacked plenty. Waffles, good, good, good, and the staff so helpful. I went out of my way to stay here because of the good deal. I WILL go back.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the back. I was there on Sunday AM. Not much traffic, But there IS a big road o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ANTIOCH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

i was pleasently suprised of how nice this hotel was..i def got the best quality of my money...i would stay here ten times over again.i plan on going back for a longer stay for surgery in april and would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Norcross? Share your experiences!