“Slightly above average Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save Up To 15%
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Huntsville, Alabama USA
“Slightly above average Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a "typical" Hampton Inn. Cleanliness is above average, the friendliness of the hotel staff is above average, wifi was included with the room, as was breakfast. I booked at this hotel for the very reason that I was hoping for this consistency.

In addition to all of the "normal" Hampton Inn experience, there were a few things (good and bad) that were a little different:

- the breakfast was better than many that I've had at other Hampton Inns.
- the television service was a high quality DirecTV experience
- there was an indoor pool (albeit a small one)
- there were several casual dining options nearby
- the "gym" was tiny (one eliptical machine, one stationary bike, and one treadmill)
- the hotel offered a free one-day pass to a nearby Gold's Gym
- the shampoo in my room had been filled with water (presumably by the cleaning staff to make it look like a new/full bottle)
- the toilet paper in the room looked like someone grabbed the roll with wet hands

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I come to Norcross a few tomes a year on business and always stay at the Hampton Inn if available. I have stayed in several hotels in the vicinity and hands down this is the best. The staff is always friendly and professional. The hotel is well maintained and always clean. I've stayed at more expensive hotels here and they don't even compare. If in Norcross this is the place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great quality, price and staff. Very clean room and very professional. The breakfast and indoor pool/hot tub was amazing. Very impressed with my stay (stayed for 2 nights). I got the room for a total of 4 people, with 2 beds, for $59 + tax a night. Outstanding deal! The complimentary breakfast is really great! Omelets, make your own waffles, fruit, oatmeal, bagels + cream cheese, orange juice....the works! I never leave reviews, but said I would for this hotel just because of how I was blown away. I usually stay at a Holiday Inn, but this hotel won me over with its price and indoor pool, glad it did because it really made my family trip great. It's also located back in a professional area with other high quality hotels so there isn't a worry of crime and stuff. It's located near a Walgreens, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Target, Petsmart and many other places! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very clean hotel! The rooms, duvet covers and floors were kept in great condition. The double queen room we had was a bit cramped - you had to basically sit on the bed to use the desk - but the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very polite, helpful and genuinely seemed to want to be there! Was pleased with the stay and would stay again next time I am in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spent a week with my family and we have been pleasently surprised by the nice atmosphere, the kindness of staff and the hotel in general. We would return and recommend it.
It's conveniently close to Atlanta (by car) and parking is free at hotel premises.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hulu B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta / Peachtree Corners / Norcross, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your WONDERFUL comments regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am so glad that we provided the type of genuine service that would make you want to come back. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Norcross Ga to visit family over the winter holidays and have nothing but good things to say about the Hampton Inn. It was Clean and Quiet except for a little morning noise from others guests leaving rooms but no biggie. The room was a nice size and beds where comfortable. The front desk along with the rest of the hotel staff where all courteous, helpful and friendly. Even though rooms do not have fridge nor microwave they can provide at least a fridge if u ask in advance. The maintenance guy was kind enough to bring us one when we saw him taking one to another room. If microwave is needed there is one down at breakfast area that is always available for use of course some can see this as an inconvenience. The breakfast was plentiful with cold cereal selection, make your own Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, buscuits and gravy, assorted pastries and so forth. If you decide not to eat at hotel there are many other choices to choose from since the area has lots of places to eat and there is also a Publix close by along with Panera and a Starbucks and Corner Bakery Cafe. The area has plenty of shops but its not an overly busy area. We really enjoyed our stay and if ever in area we will definitely stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2012
I would like to thank you and your husband for staying with us while visiting family in December. We certainly pride in being located convienently to area shopping and restaurants.

We truly appreciate your fabulous review. It is comments like this that give our team the desire and incentive to make every guest's visit extra special. It confirms to us that every effort we make is worth while.

We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
Ocean City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a Diamond member, but they did not have this with my check in and the only room available was on the second floor over the pool and two large air units. They started and stopped all night. The hotel did move me for the second night - but when I checked out the hotel clerk confirmed that the first night room is not for everyone. A hotel should not really charge full price - or rent a room that they know is not up to par. So I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have taken note of your feedback and sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I do hope that your travels will bring you back to Atlanta so you can give us a chance and we can show you the hospitality that we are known for.

Please be sure to let me know if your travels bring you back to Atlanta so that I can assure that you receive the Diamond Treatment.

Thank you.

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta / Peachtree Corners / Norcross? Share your experiences!