“Avoid busy weekends” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross
Ranked #6 of 38 hotels in Norcross
Durham, United Kingdom
“Avoid busy weekends”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed here over labor day weekend and it was not a pleasant experience. This must be the only hotel in America that can run out of coffee at breakfast! Staff were surly , other than a lovely lady at checkout. All ares look in desperate need of decoration, but are clean. No Wi-Fi in the room drove my teens to distrction. I wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Stolzembourg, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Very friendly and caring staff. Free breakfast and dinner (the Mexican night was actually very good!). True, no wifi in the room, but there was a fast cable connection, and wifi was available in the lobby. Highly recommended for longer stays.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom suite at this hotel during an overnight visit to Atlanta. As a Hilton Honors member, I regularly seek out Hilton properties during our travels. Since there were 3 adults traveling during this stay, I booked a room at a Homewood Suites to provide more room than a standard hotel. The Homewood Suites in nearboy Lawrenceville was booked for the night, so I booked at the Norcross location. The Norcross property is not new, but in very good repair. The room was very spacious and very clean. What really made this property stand out was the service by the front desk staff and at breakfast. The property is located in a technology park and can be a challenge to get to - especially at night. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and provided turn by turn directions to the hotel on a dark and rainy night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fontana, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is a very solid Homewood Suites that gives you everything that you could want in a Homewood. If you like staying in a suite with a stovetop and free breakfast and dinner, then this is perfect for you. It is a little old, I will not lie. But, it is well staffed and in pretty good repair. So it isn't prefect, but the prices are pretty fair generally. I prefer to stay at the Homewood in Kennesaw, because is is newer, but this one is sufficient when the prices in Kennesaw are too high for my company budget. The Wi-Fi sucks. It is super slow. If you REALLY need good wi-fi then go somewhere else. If you can stand slow wi-fi (which most hotels have anyway) then this is a good place to stay. There is a nearby Publix supermarket which is nice. There are also a lot of other fast food type places, including a Pizza Hut around. My room had a nice patio that you could go out and relax on, and it was pretty large, and had two dirty plastic chairs. My room (#124) also, unfortunately, had some syrup that had been spilled onto the ground. It was on the carpet and the hardwood in the kitchenette. It made those areas sticky and made for some hopping around to avoid the sticky floor. The pool looked nice, though I didn't use it. The breakfast and Welcome Home dinner were both very good. Overall, I recommend this hotel to Atlanta area travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
homewood2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel and we are happy to hear that overall you are pleased with our hotel and staff. We continue to strive to make your stay comfortable and convenient each and every stay. Part of these efforts includes upgrading our internet offerings to include not only wired internet but also wireless internet in the very near future.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed here for two nights while on business at a nearby company and I have to say this was a great place. I would definitely recommend it to any business travelers who need a nice place to stay in Norcross.

Staff: Everyone I met was very friendly and efficient. Both check in and check out were fast, and the people at the front desk explained things to me (layout of the hotel, breakfast, fitness center, etc) and then asked if I had any other questions. The staff at breakfast was very helpful, clearing plates quickly and asking if I needed anything.

Facilities: I liked the layout of the place. The room I was in was at the back of the complex and it was very quiet. The room was nicely appointed and comfortable. Loved the beds and the pillows! The bedroom area was oddly laid out and when the doors were closed it was a little claustrophic but otherwise, I liked the room a lot. Plenty of room in the bathroom area.

Pool area and Jacuzzi looked nice, I didn’t use those but the fitness room was nice and clean and all the equipment worked. The lobby area was nice and homey, as well as comfortable and clean.

Highlights: The breakfast in the morning was great. Lots of options and the quality was pretty good, maybe some of it could have been a bit warmer but the oatmeal was great. Coffee was wonderful.

Areas for improvement: None that I could really see. Maybe a few dumbbells in the fitness center?

Overall impression: I like this place a lot and if I come back to Norcross, I’m definitely staying here. Great value.

Nearby transportation: I rented a car so not sure if there is public transit nearby. However, there are grocery stores, restaurants, drugstores, fast food places all very nearby. We don’t have Chik-Fil-A in many places in New York so I liked having it just down the road!

Room Tip: stay in the back of the hotel for quiet
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

When I was planning a trip to Atlanta, GA, I wanted to find a suite so my wife and I could enjoy a little seperation between our kid and us. We never been to Homewood Suites but it looked nice and price was decent so we've decided to give it a try.

Well it turned out we enjoyed our stay of 2 nights very much and we would be going back to Homewood Suites because of our experience there. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staffs were friendly and the location was pretty good too.

One thing they can improve on: the need of renovation of some of the equipments. I've noticed that some of their equipments such as refridge, TV, and microwave were looking old. Also there were no wifi connectivity but I don't need wifi usually since I have iPhone 4 with 3G network and a laptop I could hard wire with. Except that, I did not have any other complaints at all.

We all know there is an old saying "You get what You pay for" and I believe it is exactly true. However, at this Homewood Suites, you get more than what you pay for. I stayed at 4 -5 star hotels with $300+ price tag before and I could not said the same.

Well we all know Homewood Suites is not 5 star hotel with all the feature you could dream of. But if you want comfortable stay with reasonable price, this is the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Spokane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

From the outside, this looks like a lovely property, but unfortunately you cant judge a book by its cover. This is an OLD school Homewood Suites in dire need of renovation (or modernization). Of all the problems the biggest by far is there is NO WI-FI. For a business traveler, it’s impossible to express how pivotal this is. They offered a wired connection which is about the speed of dial-up. What's worse, the gentleman working the front desk Check-In NEVER mentioned it, nor was there any obvious notification on the website.

In addition, my initial room had a pungent fake orange smell to it. When asked for a new room, they made me schlep my stuff back to the front desk to get a new key card. There was only ONE person working that evening for the entire hotel. My next room luckily did not have an odor, but instead I was gifted with a lovely carpet stain in front of the kitchen, a poor working shower and also found a wash cloth hanging from heating vent.

On a plus side, the breakfast was nice and instead of standing around as common in many hotels, the morning front desk person also assisted with the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross? Share your experiences!