“Not what you would expect from a Hyatt!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree

You added Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5600 Peachtree Parkway, Norcross, GA 30092 (Formerly AmeriSuites Atlanta Peachtree Corner)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Quest Spa Package
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not what you would expect from a Hyatt!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed there on two separate occasions in the past 30 days and both times there was a large group of teenage athletes also staying at the hotel. The halls were noisy all night and into early morning hours with loud voices and slamming doors. During my last stay, the fire alarm was set off at 1AM. Management said it was a "prank". A hotel representative didn't come up to the third floor to let us know, so we had to dress and go down the stairwell to find out if it was real or not. That aside, the rooms are in desperate need of updates. There are stains on the carpet and sofa, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, bathroom fan didn't work, sink and tub wouldn't drain, toilet ran off and on and our room had a stale unpleasant odor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My fiancé & I stayed here for 2 nights while n town for a wedding. The hotel is located near everything from food to shopping. The bathroom is extremely small. We didn't try the breakfast due to the crowd. Overall the stay was okay.

• Stayed May 2013
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I always read reviews, but in this case I guess the good ones overshadowed the people who share the same expectations as me.

I called the hotel prior to check in and spoke with a guy named Phillip. I was inquiring about restaurants in the area so that I could make a dining decision before traveling to Norcross. He was very goofy and unprofessional and needless to say not much help. Through my own smartphone research, I found a nice little restaurant in historic Norcross. What was I thinking... I called the hotel again prior to arrival to make my reservation private. Once again I had the pleasure of speaking to the goofy unprofessional Phillip. I called customer service and informed them of what I was experiencing prior to arrival and told them to fix it. When I arrived, after standing at the counter for about three minutes, I was finally greeted by Danielle (?). She was friendly and offered me a cookie for my inconvenience. Great…a "Doubletree" signature for poor Hyatt service. Once I walked into my room, an odor greeted me smack in the face. It was a smell of must and mildew. I always travel with incense and immediately put them to use. I found burns on the t.v., rust, lumpy carpet, carpet lifting, hairs in wash cloth, light fixture dismounting from the ceiling, and a shower head dismounting from the wall. Management is not on duty on the weekends and I sent all of the photos and my concerns to customer service. I was told by the hotel that they could not make any accommodations being that my stay was prepaid and non-refundable. I saw either on this site or somewhere else that this hotel was formerly an Amerisuites Hotel. This place looks like it's been renovated from an Amerisuite or something, but it lacks the quality of a Hyatt. The service is on the decline along with the maintenance. The only thing that looks maintained is the front desk. The free breakfast is o.k. If you have high expectations as I do, don't stay here even if you get a "good rate". You're getting a "good" rate due to the failures everywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
YOUNG HARRIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last week while visiting 2 sets of grandchildren and attending a coin exposition. We had stayed in one other Hyatt Place in New Mexico a couple of years ago and found this one to be equally comfortable and accomodating. We greatly appreciated the comfort of the bed and love the room arrangement with the sitting area, desk, mini-kitchen, etc. We shall definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great staff! Warm welcome upon arrival. Easy check-in. Room was nice, but the shower/bath is a bit small for the type of room (suite). Also, the outdoor pool is very small. But, my sons love water, so it was okay for them. Overall, was a comfortable stay! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I came to Atlanta for a 3 day weekend for a wedding in Norcross. We stayed downtown the first 2 nights and then at the Hyatt Place Norcross on the 3rd night. I loved it! The room was so spacious with the living area separated. Granite countertops on desk and bathroom counter. The air conditioner was nice and cold. We had spinach, egg and cheese on a English muffin at the free breakfast. I will definitely be back at a Hyatt Place for my travels.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had 2 rooms & both were WELL WORN!! Both tubs were dirty & stained. My room, there was hair in the bed & the sheets were stained!! We made reservations in advance & prepaid for three nights. After the first night, we tried to get a refund on the remaining two & check out. The Manager refused to refund us on the remaining two nights, even though we just stayed one night of three. The "free" breakfast was all empty at 8:30 am, except for cereal & there were no clean bowls & utensils. We checked again around 9am, thinking they would have replenished, with no such luck. Worst Hyatt Place we have ever stayed at & WON'T be returning!! Certainly DO NOT recommend!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree? Share your experiences!