“Best Nights I Ever Had .” 5 of 5 stars

Horizon Inn And Suites Norcross
Horizon Inn And Suites Norcross
6187 Dawson Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30093-1224   |
Ranked #24 of 38 hotels in Norcross
“Best Nights I Ever Had .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Good value of your money . Owners are very nice . Good breakfast . Very comfortable mattresses . Pool . Right next to McDonalds , Cracker Barrel , & Chinese Buffett . Great pool for the summer . When I stayed it was right down the street from Nether World .

• Stayed October 2012

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I came all the way from antha city,n Half of the stuff at the hotel didn't work, like the doors at the room wouldn't open, (room 339). Then they moved my room to (room 336) that didn't work.. thank God they finally got a door that workd.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS NONPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS.

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just wanted to say - the management has added a fence - they are constantly re-vamping rooms - new carpet paint etc -- the Cracker Barrel Mc Donalds adjoins the parking lot - Jr Varsity 1/2 block away - nice pool - good coffee - Best deal in Atlanta - may 7 miles the heart of things -- large asian community in area - great food!

Room Tip: They have poolside and drive up - I have a handicapped room very nice -
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
gainesville ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I published TravelHost Magazine in Atlanta for 10 years - I used to pick up the AAA corporate folks from this hotel when it was newer -I stay here - a lot - if you want to save money - and not have to deal with all that saving money in Atlanta can bring (unknown areas etc) this hotel is a great choice - diverse neighborhoods are close by - Hong Kong Market is across Jimmy Carter and has tons of great Asian eateries - blast up I85 a few miles and catch a Gwinnet Braves baseball game - or keep going and you are at Lake Lanier - head South on I85 into Atlanta and all that it has - about 15 miles from down town Atlanta - the hotel is next to Cracker Barrel and Mc Donald's - The area is a great blend of cultures - plenty of Mexican - Latin and Asian eateries - best value for your money - the staff is nice - pets no longer allowed - don't expect the Ritz for $50 - but this type of room in Atlanta would be $125 - or more ---

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Paoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place has been the best value place we stayed at in the entire USA! Their monthly rate is great, the rooms are comfy and clean (you can smell the cleanliness). Staff is really nice and helpful. Location is not that bad, there are several Walmarts close by and McDonald's is literally a 10 second walk. They have ample parking and the area is quite safe.

Down side is that we saw several roaches on the ground floor (coming from the street) and there isn't a great transport network in that area, had to rent a car the entire time.

The only down

Room Tip: Go for a room on the highest floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was on a trip to see my brother I do not like staying at their home so I stayed here. Had a good price the guy that did the night shift gave me the room for $50 a night for 3 nights so that was super. They have continental breakfast but i think your better off going someplace near by. I think I met all the desk workers and all of them wear very helpful and polite but most of all the young lady Stephanie she help me plan what places that I should see and she did a super job. The rooms are clean and do not make you feel dirty when you are in them. The one thing I did no like it seem to me like the workers are running the place wile the owners reap the benefits. Besides that when i come back this way I'll be staying here

Room Tip: The best rooms are the inside rooms they only have 4 so get them if they are available.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

While I first considered myself lucky at finding these accommodations on such short notice at such an affordable price during a very busy Fourth of July weekend in Atlanta, I cannot begin to tell you how much grief my short stay there has caused me. After sleeping in the bed there, I woke up with two small bumps on my leg. I did not think anything of it at the time, but after travelling back home, I was bitten several more times. Basically, I have since figured out that Horizon Inn & Suites had beg bugs, and I transported them to my place when I unwittingly placed my luggage on the bed there. Taking back even a few bed bugs has now led to a full-on infestation at my home.

I now know more than I ever will about bed bugs and the difficulty in ridding them from beds, carpets and surrounding nooks and crevices, so I sympathize with management's dilemma. However, it is unacceptable to me that I was not forewarned about this by hotel staff. One night with a few bites is manageable, but unsuspectingly carrying them back with me has created a whole new host of problems--unacceptable.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Horizon Inn And Suites Norcross? Share your experiences!