“Executive Lounge wasn't that great and breakfast service was poor.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Atlanta Northeast

You added Hilton Atlanta Northeast to your Saves list
Hilton Atlanta Northeast
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross, GA 30092-3416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi!
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Executive Lounge wasn't that great and breakfast service was poor.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I'm a Diamond with Hilton so you can trust this review.

This Hilton gets the job done, but nothing really stands out that would make me want to stay here again. The Executive lounge was poorly run and breakfast in the lounge was horrible. The Coffee was warm, bagels were rock hard and attendants just stood around and chatted with each other the whole time. I also had breakfast in the main restaurant and the service was very slack as well. The hotel is pretty clean and the front desk was excellent even mailed my report off for free. They need to work on a few areas here, but not going to kill you if you do stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Despite what the reviews on here said, I couldn't pass up the $99 stay at a Hilton when I was on a business trip in December. First of all I want to say that the location is horrible. It is on a one way street so be prepared that if you have to go in the opposite direction during rush hour, it will add another 45 minutes to your trip.

The outside of the hotel is a very standard Hilton property. Even the lobby looks elegant, but is small. I think the manager knows that the property has some short comings. He is very nice and treats guests with wine and cheese for happy hour mon thru fri.

The other reviews you have read are correct. Although I did not have a problem with the cleanliness of my room, the rooms are very outdated. I did notice that my room only had one trash can.

The gym at this property is very small and only has 4 machines in a cramped up space. The pool looks like more of a jacuzzi than a pool because of its size.

The worst part of my experience was the Basils Restaurant located inside the hotel. Apparently it just was renovated, but the food obviously was not. The bar was crowded, so I waited on a table. When no hostess appeared during dinner rush, I had to go back to the front desk so the attendent could get someone to seat me. I ordered a sandwich and zuchinni fries. The sandwich tasted like it had been sitting in the fridge for days and the fries were dripping with grease. Chef Ramsey would definitely given a thumbs down to this plate. I couldn't eat it.... so I ordered desert. The apple pie was good, however it was not fresh and definitely came out of a box... this was really disappointing.

I will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed December 2010
North America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I am trying to be positive because Hilton has generally been good to me but this place leaves a lot to be desired. The room itself was just bearable (928 junior suite) but it smelled very musty and I had to use room freshener to feel comfortable. The outlets were almost hanging off the wall in the bathroom, and half of the lamps didn't work. There was a fridge and microwave in the room but they were so noisy that they kept me awake, and the heating just didn't work and it was cold. My colleague told me that the exercise room was very small. I do not think we will return to this hotel when we go back to Atlanta early January.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Miami Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This hotel has a few issues, they charge for internet, either in their business center or their wireless. They one have one tiny trash can per room, and they don't put enough toliet paper in the bathroom. On the pro side, the linens are nice and the bed is comfortable. I would not go here if it wasn't the hotel for a conference that we go to every year and we get a special rate and there are events there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have stayed at this property on both business and leisure trips. It is an excellent choice if you need to be north of the city. The area just east on Jimmy Carter Blvd. is a very sketchy part of suburban ATL, but just west is Dunwoody, which is one of the nicest areas of the city with excellent dining and shopping. The hotel is every bit a nice as the downtown or airport Hilton, even if a bit dated - (the awful 1990's!?) Their low rates - especially on the weekends - are exceptional for the level of accomodation. The front desk staff has always been very professional and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is good. It is also a pet friendly property, which is very hard to find in a full service hotel in the south. There are certainly more luxurious (and expensive) places to stay in ATL, but if you need to be north of the city, this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We went to atlanta to see several places in the city but all the hotels in the city charge 30 - 40 dollars a night for parking. This hotel on our arrivial we bet Dan and he was at the front of the hotel greeting people. My kids went in and he said hi to them and then asked them if they could wait for him and he came back with candy for them. My kids were so excited. The next day we came back from going to the aquarium and coke factory and Dan was there again and got my kids cookies. They told me that this was the best hotel ever. We also met Rhonda up in the Executive lounge who bonded with my children and my daughter who could talk anyones ear off had a good 20 minute conversation with Rhonda and Rhonda was very polite and was a great person to listen to my children. Most people would not do that. Since this hotel was extremely friendly and great to my children I really would recommend this hotel to any families. Our room was great as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

A decent hotel for a short trip. Rooms were nice enough, good beds, bathrooms could use updating. The bar is very expensive, you'll pay downtown ATL prices for being 30 miles outside the city. Ok location within a 1 or 2 mile drive to good restaurants and bars in historic Norcross. We used the shuttle a couple times and the driver was very friendly and informative. Pool was nice. We did have an issue with a maintenance guy insisting to enter the room to check some fuse box???, we insisted nothing was wrong and told him to leave and called the front desk, they apologized and it did not happen again, but it was a concern, thought he was "casing" the place. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Atlanta Northeast? Share your experiences!