“Hotel needs a renovation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Atlanta Northeast

Save Saved
You added Hilton Atlanta Northeast to your Saves list
Hilton Atlanta Northeast
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross, GA 30092-3416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and Internet!
Ranked #14 of 38 hotels in Norcross
North America
“Hotel needs a renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I am trying to be positive because Hilton has generally been good to me but this place leaves a lot to be desired. The room itself was just bearable (928 junior suite) but it smelled very musty and I had to use room freshener to feel comfortable. The outlets were almost hanging off the wall in the bathroom, and half of the lamps didn't work. There was a fridge and microwave in the room but they were so noisy that they kept me awake, and the heating just didn't work and it was cold. My colleague told me that the exercise room was very small. I do not think we will return to this hotel when we go back to Atlanta early January.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Miami Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This hotel has a few issues, they charge for internet, either in their business center or their wireless. They one have one tiny trash can per room, and they don't put enough toliet paper in the bathroom. On the pro side, the linens are nice and the bed is comfortable. I would not go here if it wasn't the hotel for a conference that we go to every year and we get a special rate and there are events there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have stayed at this property on both business and leisure trips. It is an excellent choice if you need to be north of the city. The area just east on Jimmy Carter Blvd. is a very sketchy part of suburban ATL, but just west is Dunwoody, which is one of the nicest areas of the city with excellent dining and shopping. The hotel is every bit a nice as the downtown or airport Hilton, even if a bit dated - (the awful 1990's!?) Their low rates - especially on the weekends - are exceptional for the level of accomodation. The front desk staff has always been very professional and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is good. It is also a pet friendly property, which is very hard to find in a full service hotel in the south. There are certainly more luxurious (and expensive) places to stay in ATL, but if you need to be north of the city, this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We went to atlanta to see several places in the city but all the hotels in the city charge 30 - 40 dollars a night for parking. This hotel on our arrivial we bet Dan and he was at the front of the hotel greeting people. My kids went in and he said hi to them and then asked them if they could wait for him and he came back with candy for them. My kids were so excited. The next day we came back from going to the aquarium and coke factory and Dan was there again and got my kids cookies. They told me that this was the best hotel ever. We also met Rhonda up in the Executive lounge who bonded with my children and my daughter who could talk anyones ear off had a good 20 minute conversation with Rhonda and Rhonda was very polite and was a great person to listen to my children. Most people would not do that. Since this hotel was extremely friendly and great to my children I really would recommend this hotel to any families. Our room was great as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

A decent hotel for a short trip. Rooms were nice enough, good beds, bathrooms could use updating. The bar is very expensive, you'll pay downtown ATL prices for being 30 miles outside the city. Ok location within a 1 or 2 mile drive to good restaurants and bars in historic Norcross. We used the shuttle a couple times and the driver was very friendly and informative. Pool was nice. We did have an issue with a maintenance guy insisting to enter the room to check some fuse box???, we insisted nothing was wrong and told him to leave and called the front desk, they apologized and it did not happen again, but it was a concern, thought he was "casing" the place. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Where do I began? The entrance of the hotel was beautiful. After you get in is where the nightmare begins. Went up to our room, looked under the bed, the last guest food was still there.... went to use the restroom, "NO tissue". Went to the front counter, Erin front counter clerk Very RUDE... I advised him we needed tissue, he wrote it down, needless to say we never received it, our toilet was filthy., we asked the guest in the room next to us for a roll. I took pictures, took it to the front counter on our way out the next morning at 5a.m., and all they had to say was," I belived you"..... The most Horrible experiance ever at a HILTON hotel!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
davidsnoke, Front Office Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
To whom it may Concern,
I would first like to apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay. These issues would not be one typically experience at our property. At times there are things that are miss communicated or lost in the shuffle and in this case it looks like that happened a few too many times during this isolated incident. Aaron has been with the company only a few short months but is a fast learner and I can assure you that he is taking each experience and learning from it and building his skill set. It is good to hear about some of the things we can improve upon because that helps to insure other guests do not experience the same issue. Thank you again for sharing your concerns and we hope to have back soon as one of many regulars at the Hilton Atlanta NE.
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

DO NOT eat at Basil! It was the worst meal we have ever had! The steak tasted like it had been frozen for five years, not to mention someone had cut into it (halfway through the steak) to check if it was done. We spent $100 and a $4 hotdog would have been
way better! The food was like something you would get in a nursing home! Service was terrible.

The front desk people were very nice, rooms were clean and comfortable. Just don't eat at the restaurant! TERRIBLE!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Atlanta Northeast? Share your experiences!