“Nice Accomadations for a Great Price” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2! Book Now
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado
“Nice Accomadations for a Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip and really enjoyed the stay. A typical Marriott with great customer service, comfortable beds and a clean environment.

I do wish they had breakfast included, but understand that is not Marriott, but one of the other of their brands.

I would highly recommend this location if you are in the area, or even do not mind a drive as the price was fantastic. There are a number of restaurants within a 2 minute drive that give a variety of different cuisines and styles.

I would definately stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family of four spent a weekend at this hotel at the end of March during a volleyball tournament. My children are 15 & 17 girl and boy, so sleeping together in the same bed was not desirable and we took a twin air mattress. The rooms are so small that there was only room to place the bed at the foot of one of the double beds. We canceled the fourth night at this hotel to spend it in another hotel with a larger room and beds. This hotel is more for business travel and not family travel. Our team stayed at this hotel for three nights for a total of 12 rooms and they still wanted to charge us to use a conference room. The food and drink prices are excessive as well. Not a good family hotel unless you can afford multiple rooms and expensive meals.

Room Tip: If you need space, book multiple rooms.
jpl34747
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I needed budget accommodation during 4 nights stay in Norcross area, so I have booked this hotel through Hotwire.com for amazing low price with average $40/ night. So my expectation was not high for quality. I needed a safe and convenient location with a clean room for my daughter and me.

Location: Very easy to access from/to major roads around Atlanta. Many restaurants and stores including the Forum shopping center within couple miles. Heart of Norcross IT business centers.
Safe enough to go out at night for dinner.

Facility: The hotel is dated, so even with decorative remodeling, you see the age of this hotel. Room size is generous, but furnitures are dated as other reviews stated. Beds were comfortable and clean. Indoor pool and jacuzzi were cleaned daily. Air condition system worked, but noisy, so if you are light sleeper, turn off at night. The biggest problem of this hotel is noise leak from neighboring rooms. The wall is thin and you will hear all activities of your neighbors. Ask for quieter room with a single guest neighbor on the 5th or 6th floors. This hotel is popular with groups, so it is good idea to ask if any large groups are staying and if so, avoid the same floor.

Service: Excellent. Classic Marriott courteous service really impressed me. Even I booked through the third party, my Marriott Elite membership was honored and received access to the Concierge Lounge. I had to ask room change after the first night and it was handled very quickly. We even got upgraded to the concierge level floor (5th and 6th floors).

Food: We had a chance to eat breakfast, light dinner in the Concierge Lounge and they were very tasty. We had lunch from the restaurant on the lobby. Good variety and reasonably priced. Very well prepared. Must try sweet potato fry! Service was good, too. Many dinning options near by hotel as well.

Over all: Book this hotel through the third parties discount booking agents like Expedia, Hotel.com or Hotwite.com for super reasonable price, then you appreciate what you get. However, if you pay full retail price over $100, then you might want to try other hotels near by for newer facility. Hyatt Place is couple blocks away for newer facility, but much less service.

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floors are Concierge level and quieter. Avoid a group crowd noise by asking when you ch...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

After driving 12 hours to get as far as we could on our two day drive from Tulsa to Disney World, we arrived at 11:30pm. We booked the room with Hotels.com and we had no expectation of any trouble. Unfortunately when we arrived there was only a room with a king sized bed. There were four of us, expecting two double beds. It got a little heated there when we realized our situation, and we were so tired. There were not even any rooms with sleeper sofas available so our only choice was to have a cot brought in and three people in the bed. My 10-year-old was crying and it really seemed like we were about to have a terrible night.

Matt, Venus and Andrew, at the front desk, were trying so hard to accommodate us and we could feel their efforts and concern. Their efforts made us feel taken care of and we went up to the not perfect situation with at least a sense of relief to have somewhere to sleep. even then they did not stop working for us. We got a call that they found a room with a sofa bed so the kids could have a bed. These guys turned a very disappointing situation that seemed disastrous to a tired family of four, into a good night sleep knowing that the Marriott employees were there for us.

And they comped us a full breakfast. They went The extra mile and we really appreciate it. Thank you Marriott.

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an average Marriott, not what I have come to know as Marriott. Check I was easy and he was friendly. Bed was HARD, my shoulders fell asleep.. No espresso in the restaurant for 140.00 should have espresso. Wall heat and air, so loud blowing all night long. Has wifi. This was a business trip so we will come to the area often, think I will try another spot next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Traveled 9 miles out of my way to stay at a genuine Marriott property. It's what you would expect as far as size, amenities, and service. But wow, is this place old! Looks like at one point it was updated, but really not great at all. Mediocre for s full service Marriott. Remember, I am only talking about the actual facility. But do this rate, $160, I expected WAY better.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the 5th or 6th floor if you are platinum.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your views about the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. i am glad we were able to accomdate you on the concierge level and thank you for your Platinum Rewards status. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Beds are great, room is clean but a bit cramped by 2013 standards. They have to put the in room coffee pot by window. Free breakfast is expected now. Workout room is very good as well as the pool. I got this on Hotwire because my daughter and I needed a last min room cheap we paid $45 for it which was a good value. As you can see I'm a Marriott guy, about all I stay at, and do a bunch. When I checked in I asked about reward pts the guy at the counter said he would take care of it, he didn't. When I call Marriott Customer Service they said due to 3rd party booking I would get no credit when I said look at my history with your brand the woman said basically no dice. I let her know I understood and that the "pen is mightier than the sword". In the end they made it right but I had to threaten to never stay again and write a scathing review. So my message to Marriott, don't mess with those most loyal to your brand be loyal back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback concerning the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. So very sorry the front desk clerk did not take care of your request, we will ensure proper training takes place for future questions of that caliper. It's so important that you maintain a workout when traveling and I am glad you found our fitness area to be to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Warmest Regards,