“Classic Marriott hotel with great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2! Book Now
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
GreenLeadersBronze level
jpl34747
“Classic Marriott hotel with great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I needed budget accommodation during 4 nights stay in Norcross area, so I have booked this hotel through Hotwire.com for amazing low price with average $40/ night. So my expectation was not high for quality. I needed a safe and convenient location with a clean room for my daughter and me.

Location: Very easy to access from/to major roads around Atlanta. Many restaurants and stores including the Forum shopping center within couple miles. Heart of Norcross IT business centers.
Safe enough to go out at night for dinner.

Facility: The hotel is dated, so even with decorative remodeling, you see the age of this hotel. Room size is generous, but furnitures are dated as other reviews stated. Beds were comfortable and clean. Indoor pool and jacuzzi were cleaned daily. Air condition system worked, but noisy, so if you are light sleeper, turn off at night. The biggest problem of this hotel is noise leak from neighboring rooms. The wall is thin and you will hear all activities of your neighbors. Ask for quieter room with a single guest neighbor on the 5th or 6th floors. This hotel is popular with groups, so it is good idea to ask if any large groups are staying and if so, avoid the same floor.

Service: Excellent. Classic Marriott courteous service really impressed me. Even I booked through the third party, my Marriott Elite membership was honored and received access to the Concierge Lounge. I had to ask room change after the first night and it was handled very quickly. We even got upgraded to the concierge level floor (5th and 6th floors).

Food: We had a chance to eat breakfast, light dinner in the Concierge Lounge and they were very tasty. We had lunch from the restaurant on the lobby. Good variety and reasonably priced. Very well prepared. Must try sweet potato fry! Service was good, too. Many dinning options near by hotel as well.

Over all: Book this hotel through the third parties discount booking agents like Expedia, Hotel.com or Hotwite.com for super reasonable price, then you appreciate what you get. However, if you pay full retail price over $100, then you might want to try other hotels near by for newer facility. Hyatt Place is couple blocks away for newer facility, but much less service.

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floors are Concierge level and quieter. Avoid a group crowd noise by asking when you ch...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

After driving 12 hours to get as far as we could on our two day drive from Tulsa to Disney World, we arrived at 11:30pm. We booked the room with Hotels.com and we had no expectation of any trouble. Unfortunately when we arrived there was only a room with a king sized bed. There were four of us, expecting two double beds. It got a little heated there when we realized our situation, and we were so tired. There were not even any rooms with sleeper sofas available so our only choice was to have a cot brought in and three people in the bed. My 10-year-old was crying and it really seemed like we were about to have a terrible night.

Matt, Venus and Andrew, at the front desk, were trying so hard to accommodate us and we could feel their efforts and concern. Their efforts made us feel taken care of and we went up to the not perfect situation with at least a sense of relief to have somewhere to sleep. even then they did not stop working for us. We got a call that they found a room with a sofa bed so the kids could have a bed. These guys turned a very disappointing situation that seemed disastrous to a tired family of four, into a good night sleep knowing that the Marriott employees were there for us.

And they comped us a full breakfast. They went The extra mile and we really appreciate it. Thank you Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an average Marriott, not what I have come to know as Marriott. Check I was easy and he was friendly. Bed was HARD, my shoulders fell asleep.. No espresso in the restaurant for 140.00 should have espresso. Wall heat and air, so loud blowing all night long. Has wifi. This was a business trip so we will come to the area often, think I will try another spot next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Traveled 9 miles out of my way to stay at a genuine Marriott property. It's what you would expect as far as size, amenities, and service. But wow, is this place old! Looks like at one point it was updated, but really not great at all. Mediocre for s full service Marriott. Remember, I am only talking about the actual facility. But do this rate, $160, I expected WAY better.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the 5th or 6th floor if you are platinum.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Norcross, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your views about the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. i am glad we were able to accomdate you on the concierge level and thank you for your Platinum Rewards status. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Beds are great, room is clean but a bit cramped by 2013 standards. They have to put the in room coffee pot by window. Free breakfast is expected now. Workout room is very good as well as the pool. I got this on Hotwire because my daughter and I needed a last min room cheap we paid $45 for it which was a good value. As you can see I'm a Marriott guy, about all I stay at, and do a bunch. When I checked in I asked about reward pts the guy at the counter said he would take care of it, he didn't. When I call Marriott Customer Service they said due to 3rd party booking I would get no credit when I said look at my history with your brand the woman said basically no dice. I let her know I understood and that the "pen is mightier than the sword". In the end they made it right but I had to threaten to never stay again and write a scathing review. So my message to Marriott, don't mess with those most loyal to your brand be loyal back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback concerning the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. So very sorry the front desk clerk did not take care of your request, we will ensure proper training takes place for future questions of that caliper. It's so important that you maintain a workout when traveling and I am glad you found our fitness area to be to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this summer for a week on business. The rooms are well appointed and the service was amazing, I think even the Handy Man greeted me as I walked through the lobby. The breakfast was also well above my expectations. I was unable to take advantage of the indoor pool during this stay but am looking forward to this amenity in the future. Whenever I am in the area I make a point to visit this hotel it is not the fanciest but for business it is just right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Norcross, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for visiting the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. We're so happy you were able to take advantage of most the amenities the hotel has to offer. I sincerely apologize you were not able to utilize the pool, but we'll be looking forward to you taking a "Dip" when your back in town. Take care and we'll see you soon.

Carrboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I found this hotel on Groupon back in May or June 2012, so I decided to use it on a weekend trip to Atlanta. I enjoyed my stay. The room was nice , with an extremely comfortable king bed. The staff was extremely helpful. It's also in a nice area about 10-15 minutes from downtown Atlanta, depending on the time of day/traffic. There are restaurants and a shopping center nearby. There was no refrigerator, but otherwise, it was a nice, quiet place to stay and I would return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Groupon special offer. The hotel is centrally located to most attractions and your right, plenty of resturants to enjoy. Our beds are signature for Marriott and i apologize for no refridgerator, please feel free to just call "At your Service" and we will bring one right away. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future and Thank you for your feedback.

Warmest Regards,

Been to Atlanta Marriott Norcross? Share your experiences!