“Nice Property, Friendly Staff, 3 Levels - No elevator” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice Property, Friendly Staff, 3 Levels - No elevator”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this Marriott near Altanta, Ga. and I found it to be an average business class hotel in a good location. The room was typically appointed but had a great , free, WIFI connection with the option to increase your speed for an additional $4 a night, which I did not find necessary.

The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating and check in and out was fast and efficient.

I was disappointed that they did not offer a free continental breakfast. Athough, they had a breakfast it was an additional $10 per person. It looked to be a good buffet but I thought a free option as I experience in most other business class hotels would have been provided.

I was traverling with a family member who recently had surgery and found out they did not have an elevator. I should have checked first but didn't so no fault of there's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff E
Chris S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are looking forward to your next visit to the area, and hoping that everyone traveling with you feeling their best and ready to enjoy the area! Our much anticipated renovation begins in September and the elevator will be in place so you won't have to worry about those stairs. Brand new rooms are on their way, along with a newly remodeled lobby, restaurant and our courtyard/pool area as well. Same great service and a brand new look! Hope to see you again soon!

Hermosa Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for business in March. Very disappointed as it was nowhere near as well equipped as other Courtyard locations.

The plus side: adequate, comfortable rooms. Comfortable beds. Small sink area with coffee maker. Just okay.

Negatives: very small fitness 'centre', snail slow internet (and always dropping out), No cafe, no bar, no hot food available. Nowhere accessible in the area for a decent meal (there is a Panera Bread nearby - but good luck negotiating the roads!)

Staff was efficient and friendly enough - just the property that left them down, A much better comparison and better value is the Wingate in the same locality.

Not recommended at all for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Griswalds_MK1
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This particular location was a bit dated. The staff did leave something be desired. I felt as if housekeeping was annoyed I was still in my room past 12pm, because I was handed my towels and asked for the trash. The office staff was more accommodating, but it still felt a little forced. Overall my stay was pleasant but not what I'm use to with Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank lennycruz2101
gottagetgone
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in October. Upon arrival, my husband marked the car and I went to check in. The guy at the front desk was very friendly, a little bit too much so. When I provided my ID to the clerk, he stated, "Your mother must be beautiful, because you have great genes!" Okay, I am very well traveled, have circled the globe, and I can put up with a few remarks. I politely filled out the required paperwork, and went back outside to gather my belongings. The clerk chit chatted, then winked several times before I left the lobby. Whatever, unprofessional, but whatever. I just let the remarks slide, as I was there to enjoy a few days in the city with my husband, and did not want any drama.

We went to our room, which was standard and decently clean and comfortable. Odd odor was noted in the room, but we were tired and just wanted some dinner and rest after a three hour road trip. We stayed two nights without any major issues. At checkout, I paid the bill of less than $150 on my credit card, signed off on that total, and went home. All good, right? A big WRONG.

In a few weeks my credit card bill arrived.... and I had been charged TRIPLE what my bill should have been. Calling the hotel got me no answers, and NO call back from staff after leaving several messages. After getting nowhere via several attempts to make contact, I contacted my credit card company and started proceeding for a charge back for the questioned amount. The credit card company attempted to resolve the situation for over two months, but also got NO answers as to why I was over charged. Finally, my credit card company issued me a refund. But here is where the story gets interesting....

One week after I was issues a refund by my credit card company, this hotel RECHARGED me, and actually forged a NEW CHECK IN DATE, and CHARGED ME THE SAME AMOUNT THAT I DISPUTED. ACCORDING TO THEM, I SPENT AN ADDITIONAL TWO NIGHTS IN THEIR HOTEL FOUR MONTHS LATER. Considering that I haven't stepped foot back in that hotel, city, or state since October, this is very disturbing. I had to contact my credit card company again, and they refunded the fraudulent charges and blocked my card to avoid anymore charges from this shady company.

I would like to let the clerk that charged my card the second time know that his name is on the receipt for the charges, and the credit card company has taken note of his identity. CRIMINAL charges for credit card fraud and identity theft are now being sought. I hope it was worth it, as now criminal and civil liabilities will be filed. What were you thinking? Hope you like prison strips buddy, I bet you will look great in them. I hope your cell mate admires your good genetic make up as well.

I will NEVER trust the hotel chain again. They lied, stole, and committed criminal acts against me. Most con artists have the decency to buy you a meal before they screw you against your will, but here they just look to rob you blindly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Gottagetgone
I am very sorry for the situation that you encountered at this hotel this past October. As of March, 2013, this hotel has new ownership and new management staff as well. I can not speak to the lack of response on behalf of the prior ownership or management. However, I can assure you that this type of an issue would not be tolerated by my company or anyone on the current Leadership Team at the Hotel. Additionally, I can assure you that any and all guest relations issues are addressed in a more timely and favorable fashion than what you experienced. I can say with a great deal of certainty that this was an isolated incident and is not commonplace at this hotel or any of our Marriott Family of Hotels. I hope that you would reconsider and allow the new team at the Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners a chance to earn your confidence.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I wondered why this place was so inexpensive. Inside it is your basic Courtyard, but without and elevator. Not a big deal unless you happen to be on the second floor. Overall a good value, just be aware.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael F
Riverside, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

...decent rooms, ok staff, nothing special but fine for the price. Rooms seem dated, parking lot a bit noisy (wedding crowd?), close to shopping and the highway. Would stay again when in the area, but would not be my first choice with a Marriott just down the road

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SweetHomeAL07
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The room was a standard courtyard setup and was clean and well maintained. The location was easy to get to, and the staff professional and friendly. I paid less then $60 for the stay...unbelievable for a Marriott on the edge of a major city.

• Stayed October 2012