“A Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Miami, Florida, United States
“A Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

A clean hotel with good very service, quiet rooms, and decent breakfast. However the TV set (while a flat screen) could not be cheaper..., and the image was very poor. Nice location. Would recommend to a tourist traveler.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clemson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I found this in a few years ago and have stayed here several time over the past 3 years. The inn has been consistently the same over that time. Rates are reasonable and I feel a value. There is a hot breakfast every morning which is a real treat. The staff has been very courteous and helpful. I has an internet problem this last stay and they immediately changed my room to resolve the problem (and I did not have to ask for the room change). The hotel is clean and contrary to PLF817's post the aid staff is friendly if you speak Spanish they are not comfortable with English even though they should be. This last visit I had a little problem with the breakfast - hard biscuits and dry tater tots. I got to breakfast as it was being cooked so that is a little problem. I spoke with the manage later that evening and he showed concern and said he would talk to his cook. Every time before the breakfast has been good so hopefully this was just a one time. I think it is a good stay and in a fairly nice area - the Happy Valley.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The service at this hotel was amazing! Very friendly at the desk! Also the room was always very clean!! We stayed here for 3 nights ans everything was amazing! The breakfast as well was very tasty! We will love to stay here agaun when we visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Let start with cleanliness; I gave this hotel five stars! This hotel was very clean with no funky old hotel smell…

Now for service: service wasn’t the greatest. The maid staff never said hello and looked mad and annoyed the entire time I stayed at the hotel. Thus, I want to be fair and justify their behavior due to a language barrier. Nevertheless, when the maid service looked at me with a scowl and a frown. Language had nothing to do with those looks I received while I was staying at the hotel. Btw, I am also wondering if the maids were annoyed with me because I had a dog???

However, I will say for the record, Linda (last name unknown) was outstanding! She was courtesy, kind and thoughtful. I arrived late for breakfast one morning and all the food was put away. She asked me if there was anything she could and I said I would like a cup of orange and bowl of cereal. She graciously gave me what I wanted with a smile. I cannot say the other individuals who worked in the kitchen gurrrr did not treat me in the same manner. I will mention Raul was ok when promoted and asked for help and he was very courteous.

Location: Very nice location off the beaten path but not that far from the action in Norcross. Very quite location for a hotel, and no noise level from traffic on I-85, which was behind the hotel could be herd.

Value: good price for my dog and me!

Room: the lay out of the rooms were very nice with a refrigerator and microwave. However I feed my dog wet-food and the refrigerator froze my dog food. It’s a good thing I have a microwave.

Sleep Quality: Slept fine, however; the sheets were not as nice nor what I am expecting from LaQuinta Inn. Many of the LaQuinta Inns I have stay with always had nice crispy cotton sheets. My bed sheets at this LaQuinta were thin with holes.

Btw, the wifi worked fine and I was able to do work on-line with no drama. So will I return……… yes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed there three nights as part of my two week stay in Atlanta. I booked two to three days at a time as I waited to be called to court on a case.

The room was good size, clean, and very comfortable. However, for some reason there was a strange odor in the hallways in the morning. It wasn't the breakfast buffet.

In any event, they have hot and cold breakfast in the morning, which is pretty decent. However, I don't like the rule that you have to eat in the dining room. Business travelers are on the move, they either want to eat in their rooms as they are getting dressed for the day or eat in their cars on their way to work. There is really no time to waste. Also, I would rate breakfast a B or B- just because the hotel needs a southerner to teach the cook how to prepare grits. They were runny and tasteless. Butter and a longer cook time would have helped the flavor.

Each room has a microwave and small frig. There is a chinese buffet, Varsity, McDonalds, and other fast food within a mile of the hotel.

Despite all the criticism above, overall, I enjoyed the stay and wouldn't be disappointed if Hotwire put me there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
fortmillsc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My initial thought of the first night of a 3 night stay was "I'm switching hotels". My room had a bad odor in it. I awoke the next morning somewhat ill and I started making reservations at the La Quinta Perimeter, but in the end, just went to work. I returned around noon as I was very ill by this point. My illness most likely had nothing to do with the room, but mentally it did. I spoke with the front desk and the lady was extremely nice and empathetic. They switched my room out immediately and was able to verify that the room met my expectations, and it did. I didn't have a thought about switching after that night. Thus, my rating is based upon the last 2 nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. It is easy to find and near a Varsity restaurant. They have a very good breakfast, much better than others. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the interstate.