“Good value, would go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #29 of 38 hotels in Norcross
Nashville, TN
“Good value, would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We chose Microtel because of good experiences with Microtel hotels in other cities. This one did not disappoint. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the price was reasonable. Minimal noise as this hotel is set off from a main road in a little cove with several other hotels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Inside entrance, via locked door to looby which I like, much more secure than each room having an outside entrance. I didn't have the continental breakfast but it didn't look too good. Second floor was nice, first floor hall had a slight musty odor, not bad but the room was clean. No fridge or microwave, but cheaper than the places that do. Next door to a chinese take-out and a wing place, so very convenient location. I had no problems after 4 stays, and I will stay again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had a great experience at several other Microtels in the Southeast, and assumed this hotel would similar. However, this was this hotel was DIRTY. The mattress on the bed was of very poor quality and was old and smelly on top of it. The carpet was old and needed replacement ages ago. I washed my hands in the bathroom and wiped my hands on a wash cloth I wasn't sure had even been washed - It was thin and had holes in it. The whole room had a peculiar smell. Lastly, and probably my main reason for leaving, is that I wasn't even sure we were safe staying there. It appeared there was only 2 other rooms occupied. The office was protected like a fort, but I didn't feel that way about the rest of the property. When I asked for a refund 10 minutes into my stay, the manager relunctantly gave it to me but scowled at me when she found out I used the nasty washcloth.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel and in a nut shell I would recommend if you looking for a quiet place to stay. This is a relatively small hotel with no pool, but it was quiet and inexpensive. We didn't spend much time in our room, but it was decent. Conveniently located near 85, and we happened to go down the street to "old Norcross" which is a great place for dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Stayed here during a conference for 2 days, my flight was delayed and I checked in late. They were pretty accommodating and kept my room. In any event, my room was clean & quiet, I had a little trouble with my room key, but they reprogrammed it. The best part for me, was that it wasn't too far away from the expressway, was easy to find and was close to the conference center. The staff was really helpful in directing me to where I had to go and suggested some nice places to take new clients for lunch/dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

This was the worst experience I had in a hotel, as far as I can recall.

We choose the hotel due to the proximity to the church we visited and because we trusted the Microtel brand from past experiences

Hotel was very dirty, with rooms and isles not vacuumed.

But worst had yet to come.

At breakfast, noticing the bare minimum buffet offerings, we asked the manager on duty – I think his last name was Patel – if there was any Oatmeal available. He said there is not, and added “you get what you pay for”. When questioning his attitude towards clients, he stated clear and loud “ you are cheap”, meaning how cheap I was when I choose his hotel, and further added “ I select my clients” meaning his rates – still in the ballpark with other chain motel brands - would draw only “cheap” customers, as he would bluntly refer to his patrons.

I realize rates were affordable, but this should not empower hotel managers to treat patrons like crap.

I would strongly caution anybody else to avoid this place, or otherwise risking a similar service and experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We arrived at the hotel at 8:00 AM due to a very early flight into ATL. The Front desk manager abliged us by allowing us to check into our "suite" at that time which was very nice considering check in is at 3:00. Upon entering our "suite" I noticed the carpet was a little worn and a little dirty. The room conisted of a counter seperating a living area and a bed area. I had assumed that a suite would come with a sofa in the living area, but no, only a table and two chairs. The bed however was very comfortable. The bathroom is showing some signs of aging, peeling paint and what not. For the price paid, it was worth it, but remember you get what you pay for here. The breakfast left a lot to be desired, but again..what do you expect for $30? We stayed here only for the location, because we wanted to take in the Netherland Haunted House. That is what it was good for. All the traditional american restaurants close by were no longer in business or had been turned into Japanese buffets or things of that nature. Looks like the neighborhood has gone downhill.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Norcross? Share your experiences!