“Not on par with the Hampton Inn standards” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military; Save up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Newnan
Seattle, Washington
“Not on par with the Hampton Inn standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This weekend was the second time I've stayed in this hotel. I'm from the area, but live out if state so it is convenient when we visit family & friends.

Let me preface my review with 1. I travel at least 2 weeks out of every month for work and 2. travel/stay at HHonors hotels across the country.

We got into our room, and it was non-smoking but smelled like smoke. The king bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have slept in a hotel -maybe ever. The room AC/heat unit did not work properly and I had to turn the air down to 65 just to try and cut the humidity down enough to "try" to sleep. Normally, since I'm an HHonors member we have bottled water in the room (but not here). Overall, it made me feel like we were staying at a motel 6 or worse.

The hotel booked a large family reunion, a large group of families with teenage boys and a large wedding party this weekend. It was definitely at capacity, but everything seemed fine. Until Saturday night.

Now, on to our sleepless night. The reunion family members were crowded all through the lobby and breakfast areas around 10pm - not sure when. Then, the parents & teenage boys were out at the pool until almost midnight. At that point there had been enough complaints that the reunion dispersed and the families were heading to their rooms.

That was when the teenage boys started running up and down the halls for the next hour. At this point it was after midnight.

That's when the drunk wedding party came back to the hotel, and proceeded to hang out at the pool until about 3am.

I have a room I had reserved for tonight, but I refuse to stay there for another sleepless night again.

• Stayed June 2013
Glenda J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I would first like to apologize,
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of services that you truly deserve. It is certainly not the level of service that we are accustomed to providing our guests. As you can see from the Trip Advisor web site, we just received a Certificate of Excellence for 2013. We did have a few groups staying with us over the weekend. I have already addressed your concerns with our team to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Furthermore, if you would please contact me directly, I would like to invite you to come back and give us a second chance to show you the hospitality we pride ourselves in.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Best Regards,

Glenda Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fayetteville, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The GM of this property should be commended for a great staff with such wonderful Southern hospitality. This property is not a fully service hotel, but I felt like it truly was. Everyone was extremely happy and helpful. I saw teamwork at its best. When a GM can take time out to check on Guest just because she enjoys her Job that Awesome. As the saying goes you are only as good as the Leader. Great job to Upper Management/Housekeeping Management and a BIG HIGH FIVE to all of the staff for being caught at your best. Truly the best staff we've encountered thru out our travels! 5Stars*****

Arapahoe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on a trip from NC to Texas. It was a great place to stay. Easy access from I-85, and several restaurants within walking distance. Friendly accommodating staff, good breakfast, and a spotless room and lobby. It's a little hard to find the turn into the hotel once you exit the interstate, so follow the directions on the hotel website.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was in Newnan, GA for a family reunion. Had stayed at this hotel previously, and was very pleased again. Hampton Inns never see to disappoint. The location of this hotel was excellent -- adjacent to restaurants and shopping -- couldn't have asked for more.

Dothan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms with friendly staff. Many restaurants nearby with a large mall less than a mile away for shopping. I have stayed here twice and had same and will stay again the next time I am in this area. Many of the restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I travel to Newnan GA for business frequently. The staff is always pleasant. I had a problem with being locked out of my room because of the safety latch. This was taken care of immediately by the front desk. I will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Clerk was rude and irritated when I checked in, even as a Hilton Honors user, very late. Lobby was filthy, elevator, filthy, hallways, filthy. Room was comparable to a no-tell motel. We did not even consider eating breakfast there because of the filth.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Glenda J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again. This is certainly not the level of service we are accustomed to provide our guests. However, if you would please contact me directly, I will be more than happy to rectify this situation with you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan? Share your experiences!