“Not my type of BBQ” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 176 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1926, Sprayberry's Barbecue serves up slow-cooked barbecue and American favorites in Newnan, GA!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not my type of BBQ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

not the type of BBQ I like, it is too much like vinegar. I prefer BBC with a tomato base and that is cooked on open flames.

Visited November 2012

Newnan, Georgia, United States
“Okay but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've heard about Sprayberry's my entire life, but since moving to Newnan two years ago, have been dissapointed every time I've eaten there. The BBQ just isn't as good as hyped; it's okay, but nowhere close to the best even in west Georgia (Hudson's BBQ in Douglasville much better at a lower price). Burgers also are nothing special. Desserts are very good, but as everything else at Sprayberry's, overpriced; not worth what you pay for it. The only time Sprayberry's pork plates or sandwiches taste good are with it drowned in BBQ sauce, and you are starving.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointed bbq fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I got the bbq pork sandwich, the bread was soggy, the meat had no flavor and the sauce was mostly vinegar. Although the meat was moist and tender it didn't make up for sandwich's other faults. Even worse was the brunswick stew. It tasted like a moth ball had been crushed up in it. Yuck!!!

Newnan, Georgia
“You can do better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Meat is smoked well, but sauce tastes like pure vinegar with a little ketchup for color. Even the good items are so overpriced to be a very poor value. You are better off at a chain store like Shane's, or at a Good family BBQ Restaurant.

Visited August 2012
Newborn, Georgia
“expensive and watery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

In a nutshell.......over-hyped. $9.50 for a very small lunch plate; tack on a diet coke, tax and a little tip for the waitress and I'm over $14 for one person!!!!! Ridiculous. To put this in perspective: I had a much larger BBQ lunch in Columbus, Ga. the other day that included 2 sides for two people, and our total tab was just shy of $19.

Did I mention that the pork/beef combo that I got included the brunswick stew on the same plate (needed a bowl). The combo of the thin BBQ sauce and the "weeping" stew resulted in a puddle of water on the bottom of my plate (see pic).
Needless to say I won't be back.

Oh yea. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Just wish they weren't riding along on their name.

"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me". I won't be fooled again.

• Visited August 2012