“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Newnan

You added Motel 6 Newnan to your Saves list
Motel 6 Newnan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6 Herring Road, I-85 Exit 47 (Bullsboro Road), Newnan, GA 30265   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Newnan
Kingsport, Tennessee
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

No hairdryers? Not even to loan out with a deposit? Seriously? Sorry, too many other low-end motels have at least that very basic amenity available. The holes in the wall, lack of shampoo & shabby, thin blankets were bad enough - but having to walk around with wet hair drove me to leaving this negative review. You have too many competitors who can supply these basic needs that people on the road have come to expect. My last time ever to stay in a Motel 6.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments on our services and amenities as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lafayette, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

This property is a converted Holiday Inn Express. Therefore, the rooms are a little larger and better furnished than you would expect at Motel 6 prices The room was very clean and well maintained. Housekeeping was excellent. The front desk staff was exceptional. My wife and I are both in our late sixties and we really didn't want to be on the second floor. The desk clerk worked her magic on the computer and we were given a clean, comfortable first floor room. The motel is about a block off of the main highway which makes it quiet and peaceful. I highly recommend this place for anyone travelling on a budget.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you for saying so many nice things about our staff and our hotel the Motel 6 Newnan. We hope to be seeing you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014 via mobile

If you don't want any sleep and enjoy being harrassed and bullied by loud, obnoxious, and drunken out of town workers, this is the place to stay! Don't call the front office to complain, they won't help! The woman Bridgette told me to call the police, she wasn't getting involved!! And don't even try to talk to these drunken jerks they threaten you with physical violence! In the short time I was there I was constantly approached by different people soliciting drugs and sex for money! DON'T BRING YOUR FAMILY HERE! Pay the extra money and stay someplace else!

• Stayed September 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback.
Locust Grove, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

this hotel advertises that there rooms have microwave ovens and refrigerators in each room but when you check in the staff tell you that all rooms do not have them because they give them to guest that are living in the rooms as homes and if you get a room with one in them than you are lucky if it works. On the other hand if you're next door neighbor is smoking than you can be sure that you will be breathing in smoke too. The showers are nasty and they have roaches in some rooms. some of the rooms smell like mold and I can not even guess the scent of the other smell good luck if you choose to stay because in checking in its the luck of the draw good luck.

Room Tip: its the luck of the draw
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I am so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was an excellent stay for a cheap price and very comfort and clean. The staff was real nice. and courtesy. Restaurant close by. And very convenience access to the interstate. A very quiet place tuck back in a romantic setting.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
We are happy to read you had an excellent stay here at the Motel 6 Newnan. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Yeah you get what you pay for. I hadn't been there for 15 minutes before my truck was surrounded by cops. I thought I had done wrong but turns out they were hauling some punk kid away. They hung around and had a good ol boy meeting for about an hour leaving me blocked in.

First room I got didn't have any power. Second room only the lamps work, but hey that was an upgrade from the first. Rooms don't seem to be cleaned, but rather doused with gallons of lysol. headache inducing to say the least. I hate the smell of smoke, but I'd take that any day of the lysol.

Front desk staff was really nice. Only good thing I could say really. Supposed to be free wifi, but I wasn't given the access info and the front desk doesn't know it.

Seriously, pay more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I just made an account here to warn others not to stay here. I've traveled the country for ten years and stayed in many budget to mid-priced motels. I know which chains to avoid.
I *liked* Motel 6, and up until now, it has been my first choice. Not anymore.
This is , hands down, the Nastiest place I have ever seen.
Had I not been exhausted from driving 15 hours, I'd have demanded my $50 back and slept in my vehicle.
The 'non-smoking' room was definitely a smoking room. It reeked despite the enormous amounts of carpet and air freshener; the electrical sockets and light switches were stained brownish from nicotine.
The sheets & pillows were dirty and smelled bad. I slept on an old blanket kept in my truck for emergencies.
The pictures hung crookedly above the bed had ?? splattered across them.
The one chair in the room was threadbare, had stuffing poking out and needed to be in the trash.
The TV was very old, had a bad picture and a dead remote.
The towels were dirty, smelled really bad and there was a pile of filthy towels shoved under the sink.
There was dried urine on the bathroom floor, [--] splattered around the inside of the toilet rim/set and the toilet took forever to flush.
The shower was filthy and had several types of hairs stuck to the walls, crust & soap scum caked around the faucets, drain, grab handle, tub floor and soap holder. The sink, counter and mirror were very dirty, had who-knows-what stuck to them and the sink barely drained.
Absolutely disgusting. I showered at the truck stop.
The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in awhile, had sticky spots and the door jamb had so much gap that it let out whatever heat the noisy old a/c - heat unit was putting out.
The parking lot is not well-lit, especially in the rear.
I had to listen to car alarms going off all night in the parking lot and guest's dogs barking, barking, barking.
I now hate Motel 6. Never again. Worst experience EVER

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.

Been to Motel 6 Newnan? Share your experiences!