“Beware!!Worst Motel stay ever!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Newnan

You added Super 8 Newnan to your Saves list
Super 8 Newnan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1455 Highway 29 South, I-85 South Exit 41, Newnan, GA 30263   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Newnan
Easley, South Carolina, United States
“Beware!!Worst Motel stay ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I travel quite a bit with his wholesale business.We are limited to motels near the interstate with truck parking.Needless to say these are not luxury properties!However,we have always been fortunate to stay in clean,bug free establishments.This has got to be the worst overnight stay I have ever experienced.First our nonsmoking room reeked w/the stench of heavy cigarette smoke not to mention the fact that ashes were still on each nightstand.Housekeeping obviously overlooked this along w/ the candy wrappers behind our pillows.The floors were nasty,carpets soiled and the tiled flooring unmopped for weeks apparently.We also noticed mold and mildew to the point I could'nt lay my washcloth on any surface in the shower and feel sanitary.Thankfully I had packed flip flops because I would have died to set bare feet on the floors.We also were graced w/the company of several bugs in our room.Needless to say I would never recommend anyone to stay at this property.We felt unsafe,unsanitary,and unhappy with our stay at this motel!!

Room Tip: Choose a room that's anywhere but this motel!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newnan, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was at this motel for 3 weeks and 4 days.Stuck here because the bill was handled by other powers to be.For beginners I was overcharged for quoted weekly rate by $11.00 per week.The day after went weekly was informed continental breakfast was not offered to the weekly people.The only room service was scheduled on the day I was to check in or out.I am fully aware that it is reduced service for a weekly but once a week seemed a bit much.Roaches are still a problem here.The drawers in the dresser were unusable.You pull them out an inch and they fall on the floor.Middle of the summer and the pool wasn;t open until 5:30 P.M. everyday. I used to be a devout follower of Super 8 but this one sure puts a shadow of doubt on that.Would not recommend this one to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Newnan, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

this was our second stay here, the rooms on the upper front of the building seemed rather decent other than a few issues with the lamps. When an issue with the keycards came up we were moved to the back lower floor after they let us take our stuff out. I appreciated them allowing us to move to a new room but this room was far from decent. The bathtub and sink drains wouldn't work properly, the shower curtain was mildewed and nasty, the shower dial did not work properly, the curtains had holes in them, i can count the bugs we found in this room on 2 hands, the tv was huge and almost couldnt be held up by the dresser, and the room smelled absolutely awful. Outside of the appaling nature of that room there were quite a few cockroaches crawling rampantly all over the columns and upper walkway of the hotel. I do not reccomend staying here.

Room Tip: upper floor on the front seemed better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room was cheap I'll give them that...$50. If it would not of been the middle of the night and I wasn't dead tired..I would of left and asked for a refund after I saw this room! ok so here goes...wires hanging out of the hair dryer..did not look safe at all..multiple holes in the wall, one which had the trash can placed in front of it, which did not disguise it very well. Overall everything just seemed in poor repair and extremely old and outdated. The room smelled musty and then in the morning when the sun shone through the curtains I noticed all of the holes (from the moths I am sure) letting the light shine in. The "free" breakfast wasn't worth it, I went to Huddle House across the street. The lady at the front desk was friendly when I checked in, however the it did not make up for the room.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Newnan? Share your experiences!