“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Newnan
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel appears a little outdated in the rooms but everythings works. The layout of the rooms are nice. The internet works well (at least in the room I was in). Cleanliness is above average. They have a great breakfast spread, and the staff really work to make you feel welcome. No surprise this is a hotel in the Mariott chain. I would recommend this hotel to any business travelers in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stopped after a day of shopping in Atlanta, first we were insulted at the Hampton Inn that was right off the exit, so we decided to stop in at this SpringHill Suites, where we were immediatly welcomed by the really nice young lady at the front desk. It was 10pm and she was very cheerful, wish I could remember her name. She was very excited that she had 1 room left and she was able to give us the Military rate, since my husband is a servicemember.

The hotel was welcoming and very clean. The room was huge and the bed was heaven. It was so nice after a long day and included a nice hot breakfast for free. I will definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringhillNewnan, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Newnan, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Springhill Suites of Newnan. We take pride in serving each and every guest and we appreicate all of your positive comments. It's guest like yourself that make all of us here at the Springhill Suites feel good about our jobs. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
J. Mark Fetner
General Manger
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Arrived to the property about 1pm and front desk staff allowed me to check in early. There are actual parking spaces for Marriott Platinum members located near the entrance. Room provided the normal suite arrangement with two beds, a sleeper sofa, desk and chair, and wet bar with refrigerator. The room AC worked great on a hot day, and bed was comfortable. Many restaurants are located nearby or within a short driving distance. Breakfast was a basic spread, but was kept well stocked even though a wedding party had eaten just before me. Property was clean and a good value for an overnight stay.

Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Hotel is ok, but a little worn around the edges. Near lots of retail and dining options. Ok,mbut nothing special.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mark F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Newnan, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to your Trip Advisor survey. I am very happy that you found our property to be clean. We are scheduled for a renovation sometime early next year for our guest rooms. I would hope that you would try us again and if you have any problems then feel free to ask for me and I will take the time to correct any problems that you may have.
Thanks,
J. Mark Fetner
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This property is very dated. It's the kind of place where you feel uncomfortable about touching anything without wiping it down with antiseptic The rooms are dingy and furniture stained and worn. The bathroom toilet in the first room given was broken as was the light which annoying flickered continuously. The front desk offered a toilet bowl plunger. I explained that I was not a plumber and after an hour or so a second room was provided with working facilities.
The only positive comment I can make about the place is that the bed was fine and parking was plentiful. Probably because few people stay here.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom before unpacking
Sharpsburg, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had spent two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Peachtree City and spent the last night here at SHS in Newnan to be closer to friends and I used my Marriott points to save money. It is just ok, not nearly as nice as the HGI in Peachtree. It is a little dated, the refrigerator had no controls for the temperature and was barely cool, I had to get ice to keep drinks cold. The bed is a little soft and the pillows sucked. Otherwise, it was clean and quiet in the room but in the hallway you could hear noise from the other rooms. Breakfast was fair. The hot food was not edible though, just toast and peanut butter, fruit, and coffee for me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I made a reservation 2 months in advance of arriving in Newnan, GA. I called the hotel 1 week in advance and stated that we would be arriving late that eve. Upon arriving found that our reservation had been given to someone else and we had to take a 1 bed room for 4 people. Moved out furniture to move in a folding bed. Asleep at 3:30 to awake at 6 for an event. Were extremely tired that weekend. Young desk clerk very helpful in moving furniture. Were given 2 free nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Newnan? Share your experiences!