This is a must stop for anyone traveling in the southwest of Ireland. Michael and Geraldine have the hospitality formula figured out. Great hotel, location, room size, number of rooms (23); and a big dose of "how can I make your stay here exceed your expectations!"
The Killeen House is well situated near the town center but also feels remote if you are looking for beautiful and pristine landscape with no noise, lights and traffic. It will meet your every need if you don't choose to venture out in the evening after a long day of sightseeing, golfing, etc.
In addition to their claim to have the best service and hospitality in the area, they also claim to have the best water pressure for showers and baths. I can confirm that both claims are true!
The accommodations, restaurant and pub are first class. (see my review of the dining facility - Rossers)
You don't have to be a golfer to appreciate the Killeen House but, if you are a golfer, you will enjoy Michael's knowledge of the area golf courses and his "ballroom". Most people would call "the ballroom" a really nice pub but golfers find it a place to enjoy the interface where golf meets good drink. Michael collects club logo golf balls from his visitors. Although he does not have enough time to chronicle all of them, he believes he has in excess of 8500 balls to display. I knew about this collection before we stayed there so I now have a ball on display! The balls are mounted on the walls of the pub and you can check them out as you enjoy one of their nice draft beers, quality spirits or after dinner drinks.
We used the Killeen House as our launch point for golf rounds at Waterville (on the Ring of Kerry) and the Killarney Golf and Fishing Club (home of the professional tour stop for the Irish Open). A perfect place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Killeen House Hotel is truly a special and charming place. Owned and personally managed by Michael and Geraldine Rosney since 1992, it enjoys an unrivalled reputation for the warm and uniquely Irish welcome it extends to all guests. Its location, just a 10 minute drive from Killarney, makes it the ideal base for visitors wishing to explore the many magnificent attractions of the entire region, including the famed Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsulas. Free car parking and WiFi throughout the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Killeen House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killeen House Hotel Killarney
- Killeen Hotel Killarney
- Killeen House Aghadoe, Ireland - Killarney