“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here in the lead up to my wedding and left from the hotel on the morning of the wedding. The staff are absolutely excellent and went out of their way to make the start to our big day really special, even rolling out the red carpet for me leaving!!

My dad was really nervous (giving his only daughter away) and the staff at the front desk were really kind and helpful that morning.

We had stayed for 3 nights before the wedding and myself and my husband will definitely be back, it was fantastic. The food is excellent, the staff are wonderful and the hotel is just a fantastic place to be. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Suites are excellent with amazing views over the lakes
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Mountmellick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had the absolute luxury of staying here with my partner in late May 2014 for a birthday celebration. I cannot fault Aghadoe Heights one bit. From the moment we arrived we were madE feel so welcome. Booked a lake view room at a very good online offer price, but when arrived we were informed we had been upgraded to one of the Hotel's luxury sweets!

The staff here are amazing, the hotel is so modern, cozy and just top class. By far the best breakfast I have ever eaten! The setting is fabulous, so private but yet a 5 minute drive from Killarney town.

I cannot comment on the hotels restaurant as we decided to have dinner in a little restaurant down the road, the food was okay but nothing special. We feel we made a terrible mistake and regret the decision hugely.

Looking for a five star break and cant decide where? STOP HERE AND BOOK AGHADOE!!!! You wont be disappointed!

SUPERB!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had the pleasure of having my friends wedding reception here on sat 12th July. I cannot fault the place and the staff could have not been nicer Colette and David to name but a few!! From the fabulous reception we received on arrival, the nice room, and the overall atmosphere was amazing. I would like to thank everyone involved.the food was outstanding esp the eton mess wow!! We enjoyed the views of the lakes on Sunday with pots of coffee and nibbles and a few bulmers ;) I hope I'll get the chance to return again soon thanks again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in hotel. If you are just driving by, you probably would not stop at this hotel. Outside looks like German automobile factory. Very straight lines of concrete steel and glass. However, once inside, facilities and staff are great. We stayed in the newer addition (room 456) and the room was magnificent. Nice large suite with a sunset view over the water. Bathroom had large tub, along with large shower. Food in the restaurant and the staff were great. The morning view of the lake was excellent. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section were preferable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed 2 nights . Our room was spacious, spotless, comfy . The bathroom was really lovely with lots of fluffy large towels, a free standing bath and fantastic water pressure in the shower. The views from this hotel are breathtaking. The food is great. The bar food is reasonable and the portions huge. Breakfast has everything you could want and more. The staff were so nice and friendly and went out of their way to give directions. The spa is heavenly. There is nothing bad I could say about this hotel. Killarney is heaven and the Aghadoe Heights Hotel is the gateway. We would love to return.

Room Tip: The Lake view is wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I spent two nights in the hotel in July 2014, along with my sister, mother and my mother's friend, and they were truly two days in paradise. We had beautiful large adjoining double rooms with a balcony where we could sit out and enjoy the breathtaking view. The food, both in the restaurant and bar, was magnificent (bar food portions are very big!) and the breakfast was incredible, I have never seen such choice. The locations is ideal; close enough to the town but far enough that there is a real peace and tranquility to the place. Staff simply could not have been nicer! So friendly, always willing to help wherever and whenever they could, even offering us water for the journey home! Pool is lovely, albeit it a little small and a depth of 1.5m throughout, but that doesn't really matter as it is relatively quiet anyway. All in all, a fabulous couple of nights and I can't wait to return. A must visit! (Also, Afternoon Tea is fabulous! But tea for two is plenty to order for four!)

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have the fabulous view of the lake, and on the top floor there is no balcony abov...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

A group of friends and a few couples stayed on a Saturday night in May 2014! Penthouse suite was unbelievable along with a hot tub outside over looking stunning scenery. Would highly recommend and will be staying again in the future. Hotel staff were excellent and organised transport for 8 of us into Killarney town on the Saturday evening. I would also like to recommend the Smoke House restaurant within Killarney town where we had a beautiful meal! A*

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!