“Great few days in heaven again !!” 5 of 5 stars

Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lakes of Killarney, Aghadoe, Killarney 6507, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Limerick, Ireland
“Great few days in heaven again !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

With the good weather I had been craving a few days in Kerry and in my favourite hotel... It was so relaxing I took the train this time which was great and the hotel even collected me from tthe train station. The staff are so welcoming and were great to my little boy who came with me, he loved the pool and its great the pool is quiet so he had it to himself... The breakfast was lovely and the bircher musesli is worth getting out of bed for... I even mananged to have a massage and love the new irish product Voya in the Spa ( i even got some seaweed to take home)...Had a great time and look forward to going back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My golf group of seven men stayed here for four days on a recent golf trip to Ireland. This is a 5 star hotel in every way. It is out a few kilometers from Killarney but the hotel offers a shuttle service that will take you into town in just a matter of minutes. There is an excellent restaurant in the hotel, 2 bars, a spa, pool, jaccuzi, and a great view from the lakeside rooms. The staff attends to all your needs and takes great service to a higher level. The rooms are well appointed and large enough. There is even a 120V outlet that lets Americans re-charge electronics without the use of an adapter. This hotel was a wonderful respite after a day of golf. If we go back to southwest Ireland again, this has to be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lakeside of the hotel are the best
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just back from 2 nights at the Aghadoe, what a brilliant stay. We arrived on Saturday and on check in told that we had been upgraded to a lakeside suite. It was fantastic, such a lovely start to the weekend. We ate in the bar that night, nothing was an issue, food was great, service great, wine lovely. I am coeliac and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Everyone is extremely well trained, with good knowledge about all the requirements not a "what??" from anyone.
We had lunch in a small cafe in Killarney town the following day and unfortunately I was given some food with gluten in it there. We had plans that night to eat out with family but I was sick so plans changed at the last minute. The staff in the hotel were really great when they heard I was unwell. I was told to ring down when I was feeling better and they would organise some gluten free toast or what ever I felt like.
We have stayed there before and each time it's been great. We didn't use the spa on this occasion but would definitely recommend it.
We always look forward to staying here. It's such a lovely warm, friendly place with great staff, views, rooms and food. Can't beat it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently booked dinner for myself and two guests at Aghadoe Heights Hotel. As we arrived just in time for our booking I ordered a before dinner drink at the table. I ordered a dry Martini which I expected to be served in a Martini glass but unfortunately to my disappointment it arrived in a small tumbler full of ice cubes. No garnish. I was so disappointed and any ideas I had of feeling special in this restaurant dissipated. Maybe, I was expecting too much but I was not asked how I wanted it served.

The dinner menu itself was varied and had a good choice. All courses tasted very well and were beautifully presented and flavoursome. However, starter and main course were both lukewarm. When main course arrived in lukewarm condition, I sent it back to be reheated. When it came back it was satisfactory and I also got fresh vegetables, but my two guests had almost finished their meal at this stage. The desert was excellent but the only course presented to my liking.

The before dinner drink set a tone for the meal and this coupled with the lukewarm food was simply not good enough. I will definitely not be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I don't normally do this. I stayed here with my sister for a short girls break. It was wonderful. The room was large, spotless and very nicely decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bathroom was a dream with a separate shower which we both prefer. They had bath sheets, bath towels, hand towels and face clothes with robes and slippers and a turn down at night. We had a balcony over looking the lakes. A beautiful view first thing in the mornings. The breakfast had a good variety of both cold and cooked items. We had a different cooked breakfast each morning. We would both go back again after this visit. I would recommend any one going for the first time to have a good look at a map and have it to hand as I thought I was going wrong when we arrived. It's probably no more than 10 minutes from Killarney but somehow seemed more the first time. We would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

we had the most wonderfull time at the aghadoe heights hotel,the staff are very helpful, and the rooms and views are just breathtaking, the food is just delicious,would love to go back again to have a longer spa time what more can I say except try this hotel

Room Tip: we had a room over looking the lake, and would recommend it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Aghadoe is one of those wonderful hotels that the minute you enter you know you are in for a treat. The warmest welcome awaits you as the staff here are possibly the very best I have come across. The suites are so spacious and beautifully decorated and the view of the killarney lakes from the balcony in your room is one you will never forget.
Breakfast is fit for a king , food is delicious and the selection of wines are really good.
I have been to many five star hotels where there may have been more space and larger grounds but the intimacy of Aghadoe, where you actually feel that you matter, and the amazing attentive staff who truly want to make your stay a memorable one by far out weighs the other hotels which can often be pretentious and unfriendly . You most certainly will not find that in Aghadoe.
The management in this hotel is second to none. Marie , Pat, Jason and David are the most personable management team that you could find and they do everything possible to make your stay a memorable one. I stayed for a family celebration with my two children and their special touches made my children feel so special. It's so lovely and very rare to have a management team remember little things that their little guests love. Both keep asking me on a weekly basis when are we returning to their favourite hotel!!!!!
One final thing. Your stay in Aghadoe has to include a visit to their wonderful, award winning spa. It is like stepping into an oasis of tranquility where you are whisked away from all the normal day stresses and transformed feeling pampered, de-stressed and ready to face the world again. I have already booked my next visit. Can't wait!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!