I recently availed of a midweek spa retreat with my girlfriend which consisted of 2 nights with breakfast each morning, a spa treatment each and a 5 course meal one of the evenings. From the outside, the hotel is striking but not necessarily in a good way. Once inside, it becomes a lot nicer. Reception staff were very courteous and helpful, but failed to highlight the free wifi or give the code until asked. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious with super views of the Killarney Lakes. However, on check-in I noted that the mini-bar was completely empty. I mentioned this at reception and was informed they were aware of this and had yet to stock it. The mini-bar remained empty for the duration of our stay.
On the first night we ate on the terrace bar as the weather and views were great. It was very busy and the staff were very courteous but explained we'd be waiting a while to eat. This was fine and the staff were courteous and apologetic. Once the food arrived it was also tasty and the cocktails were also very nice. However, we ate on the terrace bar again the next day when it was much quieter. Again, the staff were very courteous but we were left waiting the best part of 35 minutes between ordering and receiving our food and we both only ordered cold sandwiches. I found this wait very frustrating given the money we were spending and given my (admittedly limited!) previous experiences from 5 star hotels.
The spa was excellent. The staff were very courteous and helpful and we found the experience very enjoyable. The thermal suite has a wide range of services available and all bar one were working perfectly. The only down side was another guest of the hotel fielding a phone call in the middle of the relaxation area. My massage was extremely relaxing and superbly performed, with accompanying relaxing teas and fruit. I found the spa to be my favourite part of my entire experience in the Aghadoe Heights.
Breakfast was pleasant with a large variety of hot and cold options available. Service was generally very good, even in busy periods. The 5 course meal was very enjoyable and both my partner and I had delicious meals. In general, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Aghadoe Heights (especially the spa) but for a 5 star hotel there were a few things it needs to improve on.
- Also Known As:
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel Killarney
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel And Spa
- Aghadoe Heights
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa Ireland - Killarney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just outside Killarney town with breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains. This five star hotel is renowned for outstanding service, luxurious accommodation, award winning cuisine and Ireland's only Aveda Resort Spa. Interconnecting and Family Rooms available. Guests can avail of complimentary Parking, Wifi, Daily Papers, Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Gym, Media Room, DVD Library, Tennis Courts and Shuttle Service to Killarney Town Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.