“You need to pass on by this place was bad.” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Atlanta South Morrow
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1348 Southlake Plaza Drive, Morrow, GA 30260   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Anderson, Indiana
“You need to pass on by this place was bad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation and asked if we could have 1st floor. The young man said it was first come first served. We were driving and my husband called to get the exit to the hotel and he didn't know it-that was the first thing we got off on a bad start. We were pulling a trailer so we didn't want to have to keep turning around around with it. My husband went it and the young man gave us a room on the 2nd floor. I noticed only 5 rooms were taken so I went to the front desk and asked for a room on 1st floor. He FOUND one but it was more money. I took it because we were tired. I have stayed here before and the room we got must have been the last to get updated. No refrigerator or microwave. Two bed with puke on the floor. Pass this hotel up because there are BETTER ONES FOR THE MONEY. The guy at the front desk was messing with us from the beginning. I really wished we went on to the next hotel. I wanted our overnight stay to be enjoyable on the way to Florida ....we have a dog and cat so I wanted to get hotel early stage and get a good night sleep and get up next morning rest like everyone else. PASS THIS HOTEL UP. JUST PLAIN DIRTY AND NASTY. THE FRONT DESK GUY COULD HAVE DONE BETTER BUT HE DIDN'T WANT TO. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AND HIGHLY SUGGESTS YOU DON'T.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting Atlanta we decided to stay at Red Roof Inn Atlanta South at 1348 Southlake Plaza Drive Morrow, GA. On entry we noticed the room had stained carpet, holes in the bedspread, dirty walls/ doors and dirty/exposed box springs. But we chalked it up to the fact that we were traveling with our pet and perhaps this was a "dog room." But as we settled in we noticed ants in one of the beds, someone else's jewelry pieces stuck to the sheets of the other and hair in one of the washcloths. We had been doing a lot of traveling and so ignored these things for the night. The next day no one had come to service our room before we were going to lunch at 12:30. So, I called at 12:10 and asked for service. I explained we had a dog and that she would be locked in her crate until we returned. The front desk assured me that was fine and that they would send someone. Yet, when we returned at around 6:30 the room was the same. The manager explain politely that there was no one currently available to service the room and that no one had relayed the message about our dog being crated to housekeeping. When I asked to use the vacuum they "let me" come and pick it up in the office and told me where I could drop the trash off behind the building...to add insult to injury, after vacuuming up dead grasshoppers I had a roach crawl on me while laying in bed. Needless to say, I am Highly disappointed.

Room Tip: Be prepared for sub-par room if traveling with your pet. Check and clean the AC/Heat filter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Usak, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you to Toni Baba for being so polite and helpful at the front desk. You are very good at your job. Quick on check in and multitasking. Very pleasant person to talk to. Full of joy and excitement about your job and the people you deal with. Toni is the same way every time I come in to stay. Full of knowledge of the surrounding area. Red Roof should be proud to have her on there team. Thank you for all your help each and every time I visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was greeted with great customer service by Ms. Toni Baba. She is awesome! We interacted with each other as if we were long term friends. She made me feel so comfortable. We talked about the rooms all the way to culture. Thank you Ms. Baba.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Toni Baba is one of the kindest individuals I've ever met. Very pleasant. Very helpful. Very professional. Definitely someone that you want to see when you walk into the lobby. I will choose Red Roof Inn every time just because of the outstanding customer service. If your in this area go with Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Average place to spend a night while travelling . The hotel do need renovation . but it is a cheap place to stay.
The Hotel looks old and is at extreme corner . Did not interact with staff apart from picking up my keys so cannot comment on friendliness of staff .

Room Tip: Use this place if u need to crash to sleep while driving .. apart from that no other features
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Battle Ground, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this motel on 10/2/13. The price of this motel was very low (around $50) compared to many others. The beds were comfortable and the staff was adequate. Our room and the motel seemed somewhat rundown, but it was a low-priced motel. I did not "feel" the location was very safe, but other people may think differently.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta South Morrow? Share your experiences!