“False Advertising” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monroe
Roanoke, Virginia
“False Advertising”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I booked 6 nights through this hotel's website. The site boasted "Pets allowed (with fee)
INNcredible breakfast" & much more that was not true. Hotel would not let pet stay upon arrival. No fitness center or biz centre. Breakfast was Ding Dongs in a Tupperware. Thin sheets. Cigarette burns in covers. Unsecured side doors. Stayed one night because he was going to charge card anyway. Paid over $97 for cheap room. He continues to charge activity on my card. Suing.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ADAWG2001, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Monroe, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
The guest had called the hotel directly to see if we would accept her pet, she said it was around 20lbs., guest was told we have a 20lb weight limit on dogs and certain breeds are not allowed. The guest shows up with a dog that is well over 20lbs, and with a very load bark that started immediately barking when another guest that was walking in the main door during the guest's check-in, we politely told the guest that the fee for the dog would be $30 dollars and should would be allowed to stay for the one night...We have to respect the rights of other guest who come to stay, for a good night's sleep and large dogs with a load bark are not a good situation for other guests....We also had to tell another guest to leave with her dogs because they would bark uncontrollably just as people would walk by her room....People who know me know I love dogs as I am a dog owner my self...But as a business we have to respect the other guest staying at our hotel, who do not wish be bothered by loud barking dogs....Thanks to this guest we have had to stop accepting pets...all together. It just takes one bad apple to ruin it for everyone...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I'm a city gal so when I came to Monroe I was disappointed that there was no Hilton around. The staff here at Country Hearth Inn made up for that. Everyone especially AJ made us feel right at home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

very nice place to stay, staff is great and they are renovating the whole hotel and 1 major thing, I stayed for a month and I saw 0 BUGS. I was there during a good size ice storm and they did not loose power.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ADAWG2001, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Monroe, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We thank you, and appreciate your business....
metro Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am in the process of moving back to Monroe, and checked with A. J. the manager (nice guy) about the rates. He gave me a rate, and I thought that I would check around other hotels in the area. I came back to this hotel, a few days later, and there was another guy at the front desk. A. J. wasn't there, but after some initial confusion (the desk clerk basically accused me of lying about the price that A. J. had given me), the desk clerk finally allowed for me to see a "non-smoking" room. I simply cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke, and I told the desk clerk, before we looked at the room. Well, we went down the hallway, and started up the stairs and the entire stairway and hallway leading to the room, smelled of cigarette smoke. I was gonna' just turn around and leave, but I did look at the room, hoping that it would have been further from the smoke. But, I could clearly smell cigarette smoke, so I didn't even bother to check in. Normally, I wouldn't rate a hotel in this way, unless I checked in, but I find it necessary to alert non-smokers to this problem. And, it's sad, cuz A. J. the manager, seemed like a nice guy. I value my health, and when a room is labeled non-smoking, that should mean that there should not be a strong smell of cigarettes in the room from adjacent rooms. If you can't keep out the cigarette smoke, then it may as well be a smoking room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
ADAWG2001, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Monroe, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I apologize for the experience you had, and I assure you had I been here, I would have made every attempt possible to a valued guest at this hotel...I am aware of the issue with the smell of cigarettes from the smoking end of the hall...We are in the process of taken bids from contractors to have a partion built between the non-smoking and smoking section of the upstairs hall...With the inclement weather and records number of claims, this winter seasons getting a contractor let alone a good one, has been a loosing battle...I do wish to extend you an invitation to try us out one more time, My name is AJ Gandhi and I am available at the property 8:30am to 10:30pm every Monday through Thurday and unitl 5pm on Friday... You can even call before you come in to make sure I'm here and we can discuss the rate...as long as I just a chance to earn your business back...To Second Chances...

770-207-1977
MGR

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Thomasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband has stayed at this property off and on for work for 2 1/2 years. I have stayed with him there as well. It is ALWAYS clean and comfortable. It is convenient to shopping and eating. The manager A.J. is always going out of his way to make sure things are right!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ADAWG2001, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Monroe, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We welcome and appreciate all compliments, but if there is anything we can improve on please let me know...
770-207-1977

Thanks
Hampton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed for 20 weeks while working on a nearby construction project. Weekly price was very reasonable. Close to many restaurants, 24 hour Super Wal-Mart, and Home Depot. Staff was very pleasant and polite, and daily maid service. Not a high end motel, but my stay was very pleasant, and would certainly stay again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ADAWG2001, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Monroe, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We really appreciate your business, and I would like to personally thank you for your kinds words.

Clark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for a week visiting my daughter in Monroe in early December. Room was very clean, maid service was very good. Only problem I encountered was there wasn't enough outlet space to plug in my laptop, so disconnected the microwave while on the computer. Wall plate was loose but I alerted front desk and they thanked me and would look into it. I was fine with it while there. Only thing was the breakfast every day was twinkie, cookie and chocolate cupcakes. I was not in walking distance of a restaurant as I did not have a car so had to make a trip to the grocery//Walmart with my daughter to keep some things in the refrigerator. Other than those minor things, I was completely satisfied and the staff was very pleasant. Last Year I did stay at another hotel before my daughter moved and that hotel was a little cheaper. But overall still a good price at 60.00 a night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ADAWG2001, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Monroe, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We appreciate you taking your valuable time, to write your review for us, we appreciate your feedback and will bring recommendations to the owner. Thank you very much once again.

-AJ
MGR

Been to Country Hearth Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!