“Didn't love it” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Didn't love it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for the first time tonight and didn't care for it. My experince with Greek food is somewhat limited but greasy phyllo on Spanakopita doesn't seem like the proper way to prepare it. I also had a Greek gyro and the flavor just wasn't there. I had a gyro at the state fair this year that was times more flavorful than what I had tonight. Prices were very reasonable and service was quick and friendly but we won't be going back to Metropolis Cafe.

Crescent, Georgia
“Pretty good for a college hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visited on a Parent's Weekend at GA College & State. It also happened to be Deep Roots Festival Saturday. With all that, I expected a long wait. We were pleasantly surprised as we waited no longer than 10 minutes at dinner time. Maybe because the place is not directly on the main drag.
I've been before and this time too, the food was great. I had the Gyro with beef and lamb and it was delicious. The meat was tender, moist and not overdone. All Gyros come with chips but you can get fries or salad for a little extra. Our party tried the Steak Kabob Gryos which were also moist and tender. The food came out fast and hot. Pretty good for a weekend where the population of Milly was increased two or threefold because of the festival. We got a quick bite to eat for less than $25 with drinks. I've been twice and we'll sure to visit again when we see our daughter at GCSU.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
“Best Gyro in Georgia, very comfortable atmosphere, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a great local business with conscientious owner and staff. Having recently traveled elsewhere and ate at a Greek restaurant, I was reminded how terrific the food is here. I have eaten most everything on the menu. The gyros are always good with fresh lettuce and tomatoes, great tzatziki sauce and quality meat. The other traditional greek fare is delicious.

Don't be afraid to try an Americanized special. I never would have thought Greek nachos would become one of my favorite dishes. The Baba Ghanoush is so good and rich in taste.

Beware - despite the very reasonable prices, the portions are huge.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Send 'Em to the Greek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love this place. If I had money to eat out all the time, I'd have their greek salad, gyros, and kabobs. There's a hookah lounge and a bar if you're looking to relax. Small quaint restaurant, dim lighting, and good service.

Visited May 2012
Milledgeville, Georgia
“My favorite Milledgeville diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great food! Haven't found anything I didn't like. The chicken kabob is fabulous. The portions are generous. The ambiance is just fine. The prices are most reasonable. Hands down my favorite restaurant in Milledgeville.

• Visited August 2012