“Never Again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Milledgeville
atlanta, GA
“Never Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is one of the newer hotel to the Milledgeville area. Never had a problem in the pass until Monday, July 25, 2011. During the night around 3am, I was awaking by the guest above my 2nd floor room . The guess above me was up all night making all kinds of noise and then someone would smoking blunts....YIKES!! I asked to be moved immediately. The older lady (60 or 70 yrs old) night receptionist said I could not move and that she could only report my complaint. As a business traveler, I will never again go back. Looking for a quiet bed and breakfast for my next trip....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Beautiful modern lobby, lots of hotels on Hwy 441 to choose from. I liked that it was new and well-appointed. I would stay there again if needed. We had 2 rooms and the handicap room is excellent on the 1st level.
Like most "traveler" type hotels it had the room AC unit which is loud and unsettling at night but once we switched it so the fan was on all the time, you didn't get the start/stop when the temperature went down.
I had hoped to use the swimming pool in the 110 degree weather but it is indoor and had 10 screaming kids which echoed in the pool area. Unbearable for adults except the parents who seemed immune to the noise. The pool looked so nice but the little guests which I actually think were friends of guests not even staying at the hotel...made it unusable during our stay.
Wi-fi free and free breakfast in colorful upscale looking breakfast room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Gainesville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a travel agent and I was in charge of a large group of musicians who were making a tour of Ga. They were staying in the area (I was also with the group on the tour) and needed a location close to a performance venue. The property appears to be almost new. It has been well maintained, both indoors and outdoors, has very nice rooms that are spacious enough, and the management was very easy to work with throughout the entire process--- the planning stages of the trip, the check-in and check-out time. There was adequate parking for the charter bus. The breakfast was typical continental b'fast fare-- biscuits/gravy, hot make-it-yourself waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, milk, coffee, yogurt, bagels, etc... The gym facility had 2 treadmills, free weights and another workout machine. The indoor pool was very nice. There are restaurants in the area but none are within walking distance.
The rooms that are either 2 queen suites or 1 king suite have a nice seating area with a wall divider from the bedding space. There is a small frig and coffee pot in the room as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
So Fla USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is a very nice Fairfield Inn - and it appears to be brand new. The hotel itself is clean and up to date. Everything works. Rooms were spotlessly clean. Staff is very personable and kind. Complimentary breakfast is adequate.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Woodstock, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

My husband will be in Milledgeville for business purposes frequently, this is our first time at this particular hotel, but we've stayed at Fairfield Inns before and have always felt very taken care of. So since it's Christmas Break, I drove myself & our three boys to spend the week with him, letting the kids have a semi-vacation.

Upon arrival as the children and I walked in the man that was working the front desk was sititng in the lobby watching TV. While checking in I requested a portable crib, he said he would check to see if one was available and bring it up to us. At the other Fairfields they bring it in, set it up, and put the bedding on for you. Several hours later, after my husband got off of work he had to go down to the front desk to get it from the employee who was again watching TV and admitted that he had forgotten.

We took the children down to the pool before going to dinner, and the pool was freezing. My husband went & inquired why and the man at the front desk said that the pool should be 85 degrees and that he would have the maintenance man fix it.

Breakfast was decent, the server was friendly, and on the way I stopped by the pool which was still cold. I called down to the front desk and the lady told me that if the maintenance man had been called there would have been a work order and there was no work order. She tried to call the maintenance man, but he did not answer. Hours later my husband called down and still the same. After that I called down and asked to have the manager call me. Manager finally calls me and tells me that we can just use the spa...at 110 degrees with three little boys. I ask for a number to speak with coporate and he tells me that they don't give out the number. Ridiculous, as if I don't have the internet. I look up the number myself, call customer care, and an hour later the maintenance man is finally found & calls to tell me that he's turned the pool tempature up to 80 degrees.

Three hours later I send my oldest down to check the temp. of the pool (which he reports is still chilly) and he accidentally leaves his key card in the pool room goes to the front desk for assistance and is left waiting 20 minutes at the front desk while the employee takes a personal call.

I take my kids down to the pool again- hoping against all hope, but of course, within minutes all their lips were purple. They had to get out of the pool to warm up, so after about fifteen minutes I had to make them come back up to the room so they wouldn't get sick.

The sleeper sofa isn't comfy at all, the regular mattresses are nice, except I believe one of the beds in our room is slightly broken somehow, the right side of the bed caves in and the left side is not like that at all. Not even going to bother trying to get someone to fix that because apparently no one that has the authority to do anything works here on weekends. I will most likely take the kids home tomorrow even though we were supposed to stay the week as they are exteremly bored since they cannot use the amenities.

Very disappointed and will absolutely make sure that Marriott is aware of it. I'm tempted to drive over to Comfort Suites as they have the same suites over there for much less and I've been told that I'm very welcome to come check their indoor pool tempature. They do not have a spa though and the girl at the desk isn't sure if the pool is heated or if just the room is heated. So at the very least tonight I'll enjoy some alone time at the spa with my husband and hope that he makes it home before Christmas Eve.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Statham, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

As a business traveler, I stay weekly in Milledgeville. The hotel is the best thing happening around this tiny town. It is modern, clean, and well maintained. It is a little farther south (1/4 mile?) down the road than the other hotels and if you are coming from the south, it is worth your while to turn around and book this one before you reach town proper...Staff greets me by name, room prepared to order, name handwritten on key card holder, and usually upgraded with a smile! The suites are most comfortable with two flat screen TVs and a very useful dimming nitelight over the bed. Breakfast is very good but only lately, has been slim pickins and don't know why. They did change their breakfast server as I noted a prior reviewer mentioned some rudeness. Well, this is a BIG woman and may well be intimidating--granted not as good as the last server. Overall, staff most accommodating and pleasant. Everything shiny and clean and hand sanitizer provided all over the place. Recently noticed addition of relaxing music in lobby and more newspapers available. Only trouble I had, well--when i turned off the TV with the remote, the other TV in the sitting area came on--back and forth--back and forth--was comical to someone not tech saavy---had to get up and turn off the TV in the suite sitting area. Slept like a baby. No complaints. Love this place- great value and kudos for Marriott--

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Ga.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is an excellent property for parents with students starting college at GCSU. However, the sofa bed in the king room suite was a nightmare. It was the old style with springs poking in my son's back. He had a horrible sleep but mine was great.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville? Share your experiences!