“terrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 156 Restaurants in McDonough
McDonough, Georgia
“terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

horrible service, not enough seating, can get a better steak at Logan's or Outback. located off the beaten path. ona positive, there was a nice view of the lake from where we sat.

Atlanta
“Consistently Good Food and Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We eat here about once a month and have always had a great meal in a nice QUIET atmosphere. It's a good place to meet friends because we can have a nice relaxing conversation without having to rush or listen to loud music, etc. Our favorite server is Linda who is very friendly and efficient. Recommended items are the onion rings, salmon, center cut steak, mushroom chicken, philly cheesesteak sandwich, & collard greens. Soups are homemade and delicious. Monday night is Senior Discount night and you get a free meal if it is your birthday. Open every evening but Sunday.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairburn, Georgia
“I ordered one steak and got another!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Well, first time for evwerything.
I ordered a Pilgreen's Sirlion of 12 ozs.
When the Steak came it looked small. Then the Bill came and it was listed as the Kansas City 8 oz Steak. The price was cheaper too.
I guess because I was with a group of 80 year olds they thought I could not eat a bigger steak.
They gave the group a 20% Senior Discount but added back a 20% TIP!
They must think that McDonough is New York City!!
But the salad was nice and the steak was good and the home fries were good and the rolls were great. Only thing was they said they only had caffine free tea and then said they were out of sweet tea.
It was a Monday night but come on the Wholesale company can deliver 7 days a week!!!
It not Lee St nor is it Hwy 54. But it got Pilgreen's on the sign.
It 80 years old and starting to show its age.
By the way the roof had about 20 Turkey Vultures sitting upon it. Great welcome for older guests.
The wait staff was part old and part new, got it I got the new, she started out taking only the drink order and the older was taking both drink and food too. Got the salad and beofre I could finish the food was there and no spare room on the table to set it aside till I finished the salad. Oh, and still have not been ask if I wanted desert.
After I finished the salad the dish sat on the table for a while also.
So the two dots of five was a gift this time. It had been about 8 years since I ate at the old Morrow location. Now I know why.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“would rather go somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Food was just ok. Hope they have brought in new management. They were just rude. We all agreed we would not be back. I don't like to leave negative comments, but they need to realize why customers are not returning.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good memories!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I dated at the original Pilgreen's in East Point, "back in the day". We always had good times and great food there. A signature of Pilgreen's at the time was the wait staff was all older black men. Probably not politically correct now, but they were known for that at the time. Later we visited the Pilgreen's on hwy54 a few times, but it was never the same and felt more like a chain restaurant. Last week we were looking for some place new to try and found that Pilgreen's now was in McDonough. They said they have been there for a while, but we were not aware of it. It is in a very out-of-the-way location, in what seemed to be a country club facility. Still good memories, and food was pretty good. Staff and service was great. I had the legendary steak, and it was so-so. I would have paid a couple more dollars for the meal to get a better piece of meat. We enjoyed the find!

• Visited February 2012