“I could live here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in McDonough
Howell, Michigan
“I could live here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is the nicest hotel I have stayed at in a long time. It was incredibly clean. I usually wear socks in hotel rooms as I am not comfortable going bare foot but not here! The linens all looked and felt brand new. And the art work was beautiful - not the usual hotel art. The staff were all friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for the past couple of years during the NASCAR race in September and everything about the property is wonderful. The rooms are big, the beds are comfy, and the room is very clean. Also, the staff is very friendly and more than helpful. I would definitely reccommend this hotel for every traveler.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

If you stay at this hotel you will have no problems at the front desk or anything and ask for Amber very sweet and doesn't mind talking to you if you have nothing to do. I think she should be promoted!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

From beginning to the end, we felt like royalty here. Brandon Rivera showed explempary skills in hospitality as the rest of the staff from the cook, to the cleaning department and the night staff. We had a scare when my elderly mother thought she "lost" our 5 year old daughter. We called the police and everything but come to find out that the beds were so plush that the small child was lost in the covers!!!!! Thank God for the professional staff: Brandon, Lisa, Heather, and the cook. Thanks again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I am in the process of writing a book in regard to the hospitality industry, guest services, sales, etc. I have set out to stay at several different properties within my current residence. I was very pleased with the overal quality of this stay. Accommodations, Service, Quality and Value of this hotel is exceptional. This hotel located right off the exit was very convenient, close to shopping/dining and easy to find. The service of all employees of the hotel were exceptional though I would suggest making it more personal. Often times brand new hotels stick strictly to "business," though bringing your own personality to the team can really be that extra bit to make a guest's experience a wonderful one. The following are highlights of My visit.

Overall Appearance: The hotel exterior was beautiful, and located near another Choice Hotel (Comfort Inn). The lobby was beautifully decorated with contemporary decor, flat screen T.Vs and gave a truly jaw dropping aura.

Shawn, the young lady working behind the desk was pleasant and professional. I was in a King Suite which was spacious, comfortable and top knotch. Gave a sense of great value, luxury and comfort. The breakfast was delicious though I would try to get the eggs a bit more fluffy and the sausage a little less salty though I ate every bit of it. The seating area was near a flat screen TV mounted to the wall. The following are recommendations that would make this an even better experience for the next guest.

1. Personalize each stay for the guest: Using the guest name, constantly interacting with the guests to ensure they're comfortable and if there's anything that can be done to make them more comfortable. I was actually expecting a "courtesy call" about 30mins after check-in though I did not receive one. Courtesy calls 30 - 45 mins after the guest checks in to ensure they are satisfied with their room/suite and again to ask if there's anything else that can be done to ensure a great stay.
2. The music that was played in the lobby was a bit disturbinb, not in the sense that I didn't like it I actually did, though playing "lady gaga" and other pop/r&b music would give a very controversial feeling to some guests. By playing music without lyrics like smooth jazz (which btw would fit your lobby setting perfectly) you alleviate any concerns with guests not wanting their children to listen to certain types of music.
3. Have more manager/supervisor interactions with guests. Your property is small enough to have a manager walk around during breakfast to interact with the guests just for that extra umph! at the end. "Oh wow, even the manager's walking around pouring coffee asking about the stay, this hotel is top knotch," Perhaps not to the extent of pouring coffee but reassure the guests that you truly appreciate them being there. Also, as your property becomes more popular within the community, etc Actually reply to some of these tripadvisor reviews. With social media becoming more popular it would be wise to start maintaining and monitoring your reputation through tripadvisor. Perhaps give a little extra responsiblilty/promotion to Shawn the Guest Service Agent and make her the TripAdvisor liaison?

Thank you so very much for the pleasant stay at your hotel and who knows I may be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

From check-in to check-out, a great experience. The desk clerk was extremely helpful and pleasant; our room was very clean and quiet. We recommend this stop on I75!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Oak Ridge, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Savannah. We knew we would get in very late and leave early so a pricer hotel seemed like a waste of money. This hotel is right on the interstate but we had no noise problems. Our 40 lb dog was traveling with us so we needed a hotel that allowed pets ($10 fee). They apparently set aside some rooms for pets and I was afraid it would smell bad but it was fine. The room had a king bed and a couch as still felt large. There was nothing especially nice about the room but it felt clean if a little run down. The towels were of the very cheapest type and one bath towel had a hole you could pass a grapefruit through! The guy at the desk was ok. We did not partake of the breakfast and never expect the free continental breakfast to be worth eating anyway--we bring our own stuff and use the refridgerator and microwave. My husband got our coffee at the nearby McDonalds (no Starbucks in the area). The tv and free high speed internet worked fine. If you just need to get some sleep and you don't care how fancy your room is, this place is fine.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites McDonough? Share your experiences!