“Good Value Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in McDonough
“Good Value Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stopped here while travelling to Florida and found it was a great value for the money we spent. They allow pets and we only paid $50 for the night so we weren't expecting anything fantastic, just a place to stay. Everything was clean. There was a rip in a chair, but who cares. The only thing that really annoyed me was that they did not have fitted sheets on the beds. They had two top sheets, one folded under the matress to look like a fitted sheet. So the sheets did not stay in place. But other than that, it was great. Right off the highway and close to gas stations and food. I would stay here again on a road trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I hate to even give this Econo Lodge a 1 rating.... It was the WORST place we have ever stayed in. We asked for a non Smoking room, but the room smelled like people had smoked in it for months. It was so bad that we only got a few hours of sleep, then we left and moved on. Never again will I stay at that hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay at the Econo Lodge
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head Island, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is an awesome little Econo Lodge on the south end of Atlanta. I am a Choice Hotels Gold Member and stay alot during leasure travels. The folks that run this place are so friendly and it looks like it has alot of repeat stop over folks. It was very quiet dispite that its on a busy hwy at an interchange. I requested a room that I have stayed in the past several times here and the manager actually saved that room for me. Surprising enough, it fits my short sleepover stay. I had to depart before 4am this morning and when i got home, I checked my email and had an email from the manager with my final bill even though he gave me one before I went to my room. I have stayed here a number times on travels through this area and the rate is always good and affortable. The negative thing about this property is there is nothing to walk to for a bite to eat except Subway in the past Super 8. Its at a very busy interchange but still was quiet and peacefull and you park right in front of your room. Its an easy property to check in with reservations and they have everything ready for you when you arrive. Glad to see they dont allow just people to live in the place as with the low rates you would think they would have people living in the place for a home but not the case here, many folks traveling stay here and its a nice little small property easy to get to and from the exit ramps. Keep up the property and keeping being nice to folks and you will certainly see me again.... Thank you for the nice clean large King Room with a sofa to sit on and enjoy tv.... Chris - (Okatie, SC)

Room Tip: Its nice for a sleep over and quiet stay with a clean comfortable room with great folks running this...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've lodged here four times, the last time in January, 2012. I returned for this lodge has always given me a clean, comfortable, quiet room. I've never experienced a problem at this property. The location is very convenient to I-75; multiple restaurants and stores are nearby. I always check out refreshed by sleeping in a comfortable bed, energized by the basic breakfast, and pleased that I have not spent too much money.

Room Tip: I always take some fruit to add to the breakfast cereal provided, which spruces up the meal. After...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Winter Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is a good Econo Lodge. I expect a no-frills room in which I can sleep comfortably on my way to somewhere else, and this motel provides it. The room was clean and staff courteous.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Islip, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed here with my son for a family wedding and it was a very nice stay. Room was clean, bed linen nice and clean. Owners were great and very accomodating to us...will return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Global Traveler in the Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

stayed here as a last minute choice. i imagine the holiday inn- for $10 more a night would have been MUCH better- pool, better security, service, etc. the wall near the bathroom had a bloody hand print on the inside and outside of the bathroom door. This was a little unnerving. Beds were super comfortable and appeared clean. table tops and hard surfaces on chairs were really gross - sticky, stained, etc. -it's called pinesol, people - use it.
The owners are not american, ok. went for the 'free continental breakfast', it ends at 9am ? I was there at 9:15 and got the last of the coffee and juice. Pretty lame. My last hotel, the bf ended at 11am. =poor service.
that's about it, next time, I will spend the extra $10 and hit the holiday inn next door.
seedy people here, many gawkers and smokers leering on the upper floors- very odd.
ALSO, and this is the strangest part, IF you leave your room in the AM, you will be locked out. You have to go to the office and sign for the next day's charges; over the phone, the owner said it was ok to pay upon checkout the next day. guess not.

Room Tip: go next door to the holiday inn
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!