“Clean, confortable, inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in McDonough
Taupo
“Clean, confortable, inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great place to stop overnight, clean, comfortable beds, power shower that works! Good relaxed lounge, convenient parking , everything you need at a reasonable price. TA needs more words! so more is less, very pleasing wall paper and carpets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel overnight while traveling down 75 headed to Disney. Check in was a breeze. Fresh oatmeal cookies were at the counter. Friendly staff. The room was clean and suited our family perfectly. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were a great break from the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. This hotel is conveniently located just off the interstate close to several restaurants and shopping centers. It is in a nice safe area of town. The hotel, as were the room, were nice and clean. Room was equipped with microwave and mini-fridge and comfortable bed. No problems what so ever. The front desk were very helpful with directions and what ever we asked. They have the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast and you can find something good to eat. I have stayed in this area several times and this is the first time here, it was a pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel was overall nice. We were there for Eggtoberfest which this hotel was only about 10 miles away. The breakfast was nice. Overall the hotel itself was clean. Linda (frontdesk) was very nice a helpful. The main complaint would be the beds were hard and the pillow top was thin. The room temp was uncontrollable it stayed very warm in the room and we seem to not be able to control this. We would stay at this hotel again but would also look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were on a road-trip vacation and stopped here for the night on our way home. We thought it was a nice, clean hotel in a good area. The last Holiday Inn Express we stayed in before this wasn't as nice as this one was. Don't expect a Hilton, but we still enjoyed our stay.
We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. We thought the room was very comfortable. We had a nice sitting area. There was also a little fridge with a microwave and sink outside of the bathroom which was nice.
We went to the pool and also enjoyed the hot tub in the pool area. It is open until 10 or 11pm which was nice!
We would stay here again and I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had an emergency out of town trip with a death in the family and chose holiday inn express. That was a HUGH MISTAKE. I booked the trip using some of my points and a small stay charge added. When I checked in I was charge the full amount of a stay. I called customer service (if you can call it that) with holiday inn express to ask about the full charge. Not only were the service reps. rude but I was on hold numerous times for extended periods of time. All the while trying to get ready for my Uncles visitation service and after driving 6 hours. I tried to speak with a supervisor and they said "we can not hear you, call back" and hung the phone up, seriously? I contacted their corporate office after my return home via email and from all sources I contacted was told, basically too bad. Now this is all over a $62.00 difference. I work hard for my money and don't just throw it away. So $62 to me, well it's a tank of gas for the week. So, I checked out of the hotel after an hour and went to a Hampton Inn. What a pleasant surprise! They were FANTASTIC! I will never stay at another holiday inn express-ever. I have about 20000 points that has been thrown into the garbage can. If holiday inn express is the only hotel option- I will sleep in the car! Please, if you value your time and money skip the holiday inn express and stay at a Hampton. Goodbye hie

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear mitchell s,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We happened upon this hotel while driving from Toledo to Orlando. We wanted to stay in a safe place south of Atlanta. This place fit the bill. It looked newer, was clean and safe. We were able to get a 3 bed room that slept all 5 of us for the night at a reasonable price. Also, they have a free continental breakfast in the morning. All of the staff was friendly and getting a room was a breeze. Beds were comfortable. There's a little sink outside of the bathroom, which was handy too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express McDonough? Share your experiences!