“Good Food, again place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Elgin, Illinois
“Good Food, again place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We are both northerners so we thought the food was good. I had ribs, my wife had the catfish. Ribs were tasty, chewy enough but not tough. Good S. BBQ... messy, tasty. If you have an issue with heartburn, eat elsewhere.. you should not have BBQ to begin with.. lol. Catfish... as it should be.. is fried.. another reason to avoid OBs if you have heartburn. Get a salad...

The BBQ beans are OK, nothing special. Mac & Cheese was a solid mass but oh so tasty... I lile M&C but, they probably used a lot of butter and other fattening items. But.. you are here for local BBQ right? Enjoy.

I thought the hush puppies were great but then again, living in the north, I do not get them often. Deep fried of course.

The tables could use a good solid cleaning as they were smudgy... a result of the deep frying and sloppy food. I just figured it was better than a picinic table and this is just the way BBQ is. Not gross... and it was fine.

We would return to OBs for another Southern BBQ for sure. I wouldn't make it a standard part of my weekly diet but once in a while, good.. don't ask how it is made, tasty BBQ is for me.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brampton
“Authentic Southern BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went for lunch in late September with 8 co-workers. Truly a well known place to visit for good ol' southern BBQ. When a place is packed with locals you know its the place you want to go to as a visitor. I had the ribs and that was exactly what I was hoping for. Many had the pulled pork and were very happy with their meals. Place was packed for a Monday afternoon. Going back to McDonough in a week and I will definately go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, GA
“Ob's is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ok meal. Friday night and the nearby bars were busy but no alcohol here and few customers. Ribs very meaty and good taste. Brunswick stew had no meat. Sides ok but for price I expected better. Good portions and attentive server. Restroom mostly out of order. If you want quiet place with homie atmosphere and sweet tea you won't be terribly disappointed

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved the Sauce and Sides!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Barbecue sauce is really a matter of personal taste. I don't care for vinegary sauces, but prefer sweeter, tomato-based sauces. I love both OB's mild and sweet barbecue sauce. My husband really likes their hot sauce. This was the second time he had eaten there and my first time.

He ordered a Smokehouse Double with pulled pork and chicken. I ordered just the pulled pork. Both of our meals were so tender and moist, not fatty at all. He really enjoyed his potato salad and Brunswick Stew. I really loved the green beans, and the macaroni and cheese was pretty good. The hushpuppies were awesome; crispy/crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside.

We had terrific service! Our waitress was so attentive and the food came out fast and hot and delicious. It's the perfect place to stop between Macon and Atlanta off I-75.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great spot for Que”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hidden off of Interstate 75, it is worth looking for their sign. The large, clean dining room with friendly service turns out some very good pulled or chopped pork, ribs, with excellent sides.

• 4 of 5 stars Food