“Authentic Japanese Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Lincolnton, Georgia
“Authentic Japanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

While I am not a sushi fan, while serving 2 years in Japan, I fell in love with other Japanese food. Toki has become my new favorite restaurant when the craving strikes. Toki also serves sushi, but I have not tried it. I usually get one of the bento boxes- and it is always good, no matter which one I choose. My first visit was around lunch and there was a group of students from a local school eating there as well. The servers are always friendly and the atmosphere is nice. It is also where I choose to go when my husband and I are going for a special date night.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Good food and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great selection of sushi and entrees. We enjoyed the Mango Girl and Spicy Salmon rolls along with seaweed salads and edamame, topped off with plum wine! Food was fresh, service prompt, and prices great!

Visited February 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“My favorite local Japanese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Toki has the best sushi! Okay everything here is great! Since they've opened up a new location in Evans, GA we've made it a favorite stop for dinner. Here's the address/phone from their website, if you haven't tried this location yet, I highly recommend it. Evans: 4534 Washington Rd Ste 7 (706.868.2122) This location is next to the recently moved Garlic Clove eatery, which I really want to try but haven't since I love Toki! The service is always excellent and the food has never disappointed. I love eating here for lunch since they have $6.99 specials that will leave you full and still have leftovers. They were recently voted best new restaurant for chinese/japanese and serve sushi, udon, tempura, and hibachi meals. They also have happy hour and a great selection of saki.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Georgia
“My goto for Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Sushi! I've had lunch there 2 or 3 times and dinner twice (once at the new Evans location) over the past four months. Wonderful. The lunch special offers a nice selection. Both times for dinner I had the special fusion rolls. They are so good. But beware, they can be rich. I did include one more basic roll (tuna or salmon) both times. I especially liked the black dragon and black pearl.

Excellent service every time I've gone, even when it's crowded. One suggestion is that you specify miso otherwise you'll get the onion soup. The only time my party did not all have sushi was with my hubby. He enjoyed the teriyaki chicken.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Georgia
“Pretty good ... Even the leftovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I went with a friend who recommended the place. Atmosphere is nicely Japanese without overdoing it. We were greeted pleasantly and seated immediately. This was during the week. I understand that this place can get crowded on weekends. They have a Monday thru Thursday early bird, but it was Friday when we went.

We shared an order of spring rolls first. There were four tasty but small rolls served with a good sauce which did not bury the taste of the rolls.

All of our dishes came with soup, which was salty, but enjoyable, and a mostly lettuce, salad.

My wife and her friend shared the chicken teriyaki, which was ample enough to share. Soft chicken, tangy without being over spiced. The rice there is very good.

I ordered the hibachi steak and shrimp. The sliced steak arrived exactly as ordered (medium rare) and the shrimp were cooked very well. The rice was good, but the Japanese vegetable combination was very good. My portion was large enough to repeat dinner the following night without drying out the steak or shrimp. My dinner was served with a variety of sauces, providing a light taste, without burying any of the entree.

Shared dinner ( my wife and our friend and my dinner, with me having a coke and the women having water, came to $36 including tip.

I propose to keep this place on my places to eat" list.

• Visited October 2012