“Very Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill

You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Houston, Texas
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I arrive at this hotel I found the front desk staff was very unprofessional. There was a customer there who seem to be running the hotel and not the hotel staff. The maid service was the worse I had ever seen. This lady could not speak any English she did sloppy work and she showed up to clean rooms after 5:30 pm...keep in mind...you just came back from a hard days work to find a dirty room. And it seems she is the only house cleaner they have.

The front desk General Manager is very Arrogant and sarcastic so do not waste your time asking him questing about why you are being over changed. I do not recommend this hotel at all. I can say it is in a very good location and close to the freeway and close to Atlanta for easy access. Very unhappy with the service of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond to your concerns about our hotel. The situation you described regarding our unprofessional behavior and lack of customer service is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I would like to know more about your situation to coach myself and my team members to go above and beyond when attending to guest request. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at mrt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you the positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Save your money... the only thing appealing about this hotel is the price. Service is horrible. Anytime you need anything and call the front desk you have to wait 30 mins to go down yourself and get it and that's only if they pick up. Hotel
looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. This place needs serious TLC.

• Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding our customer service and response time is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am coaching my staff members to go above and beyond when attending to guest requests. As well, I am sorry to read that our hotel was did not meet cleanliness standards. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to deep clean our rooms and common areas so that your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at mrt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

I booked my room months in advance in order to get a room with a kitchenette that was close to a seminar I was attending. When we arrived, the front desk staff were unfriendly and didn't communicate basic information to us such as where to park and where the room was. They announced our room number verbally (having worked in the industry i know this is a big No-No) and in general acted as if we were an inconvenience. The first room we were put into REEKED of cigarette smoke. We had to go back to the front desk to get a different room. The second room - while not smelling of smoke - was awful. The walls had holes in them, the floors & bedspreads were stained, the linoleum was peeling up, and the microwave was on a precarious shelf. Every interaction with the front desk (when there was actually someone there) was unfriendly if not downright rude. The whole property needs a face-lift, and all of the staff need serious customer service training! Beds were comfortable and the showers were hot...no dishes in the kitchen, and needed to go to the front desk when more toilet paper was needed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The customer service experience you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have used your comments to coach my front desk staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your standards. Please know that your feedback on these issues with our rooms will be useful to us as we work to improve our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mrt@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I am staying in the place for a month and would advise anyone to think long before deciding to stay for longer(week or more). My plates were stolen and car broken into while it was parked overnight. When I reported the issue the attitude was so callous as if it happens so regularly. I reported on Thursday to the the receptionist and was told that the manager will be informed by Monday - it was so relieving to hear that :-> I am fearing about parking the car every night for the rest if my stay! The least they could have done is install some CCTV outside as a deterrent.
And not to talk about the so called breakfast and dirty carpets.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Vishnu - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the issue with your car. We can assure you that this is not a common practice at our location. We are working with our staff to ensure that we are reporting all suspicious activities to the area police department for immediate action.

Again, we do apologize for your inconvenience and really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at mrt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Did not pay much at all for this hotel, so guess you get what you pay for. The room and entire place smelled smokey even though the room was "non smoking." The bathroom was not especially clean and the shower head shot water at the ceiling. I never used the kitchen, but there were no cups, plates, pans anyway. Would have moved hotels if I'd had my kids with me. But it was just me for only 2 nights. The beds were very comfortable! And it was surprisingly very quiet.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to read that your room had a smoke odor, and that my staff did not inform you of our kitchen equipment policy. All kitchen utensils are available for guests at the front desk free of charge to ensure that all items are properly sanitized. In response to your feedback, I will make sure that my front desk staff is informing guests of this process at check in. As well, I will be working with my entire staff to better enforce our non-smoking policy so that we can eliminate smoke odors. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at mlander@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Front desk (Antoinette) was rude and I had to stay in a smoking room, even after I told them I had asthma. Spent as little time in the room as possible and that was uncomfortable. I was checked out by Rochelle, who was very nice! Checking out was the best part of my stay...smh

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies that we could not accommodate your request and that check-in was not a pleasant experience. We will be working with our front desk staff to ensure that all of our staff is providing our guests with superior service and that we look into all possible solutions for our guests' requests. We are glad to hear that Rochelle helped your stay end on a positive note.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at mrt@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel so we can provide you with a better experience.
Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stay at this location for 14 days when I intended to stay for 15 days. I went online and applied a discount for a 15 night minimum stay. At the time of check in (approximately 3:15 pm in the afternoon) I was told that my discount wouldn't apply until after I've stayed for my 15 days (ok no big deal). I checked in on 6/27/2014 and the front desk clerk that checked me in told me that my check out date was 7/12/2014. The room was nice and everything was fine. On the 13th day 7/10/2014 I went to the front desk to extend my stay for another week and I was told that there was no more availability and they have already given my room to someone else for 7/12/2014. On the 14th day 7/11/2014 a front desk clerk came to my door saying that I needed to leave at that moment. When I told her that I my receipt said that I leave on 7/12/14 (which is the 15th day) she told me that the computer said differently and because of my check in time, the computer defaulted my stay for 14 days instead of 15 (REALLY!!). When I spoke with the manager she told me that someone messed up on their part and she didn't know who did it but all she knew was that I had to leave at that moment. I packed my things with nowhere to go!!..there was some kind of convention in town so every place was sold out so drove around town crying and looking for a place to stay. After deciding that I was going to sleep in my car I drove up to a hotel that was $139/night, which was something that I couldn't afford. Then I went back to Extended Stay America to retrieve my discount voucher and they told me that because I stayed 14 days and not 15 they couldn't give me the voucher.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are so disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the error in our reservation system and that we were not able to accommodate you for the length of time you had hoped. We will be retraining our staff on reservations to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please accept our apologies.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at mrt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future, so we can provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill? Share your experiences!