“Pleasant Over night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill

You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1967 Leland Drive, Marietta, GA 30067   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasant Over night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was my first experience with an Extended Stay America. I was under the impression all hotels who had fully equipped kitchens and lower prices were over ran by contractors and large families who stayed by the months. Don't ask. I pleaded with my sister to find another hotel, needless to say my sister reserved the room. I'm happy she did!!! The room just felt warm and inviting. We only stayed for a night but I could have stayed for more. The kitchen area was clean; the dishes were well kept and ready for use. The beds were nicely made and the sheets appeared sanitary, no appearance of bed bugs. The bathroom was blend but clean. We didn't have any problems with staff. When we came in later in the night around 1 pm, I didn't see any hotel staff. I'm not sure if late night quest check in is an option, it just looked CLOSED.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Harleysville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at this location several times between March and May. Each stay was for 5 nights. My impression was that it was clean, the rooms were well laid out and the staff were helpful and courteous.

The rooms include a full size refrigerator and a range top along with a microwave. If you plan to cook anything on the range top it might be a good idea to pick up a cheap pots and pans set at the nearby WalMart.

Supermarkets (Kroger and Publix) are about 10 minutes away. There are a lot of fast food outlets close by and a nice Boston Market over on Powers Ferry Road.

There is a gas station and convenience store within walking distance. There is easy access to the major roads, but you will hear traffic noise all of the time.

There are two much nicer "Extended Stay Deluxe" properties close by but keep in mind that these will cost you at least 50% more.

Based on my experiences I would stay at this location again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms at each end of the building have an extra window.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The staff are terrible. They DO NOTHING and sit around all day. At night they have their "friends" use the washers and dryers that the hotel normally uses to wash the sheets to wash their personal belongings! Its trashy. I had BEDBUGS in the room i was staying in. I switched rooms, doing so I also moved into a room with more bedbugs. My children were getting bit by them at night. One morning I had to go to Kroger at 4am and get Calamine lotion because it was so bad. One evening I even found the bed bug on my pillow. I immediately took the bedbug to the from desk. THEY STILL SAID I HAD TO TAKE MY KIDS TO THE HOSPITAL AND PROVE THAT THEY WERE BEDBUG BITES TO GET COMPENSATED FOR MY STAY. These people are LAZY, RIDICULOUS, and DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HOTEL OR THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Room Tip: The rooms have bedbugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The resurgence of bed bugs is not just a challenge for hotels, but also a challenge for the transportation industry and all types of accommodations where the population is in transit. With the increase in movement of luggage in airports and other high volume areas, these insects are brought in many times by the guests, even to luxury resorts, cruise ships and hospitals.

I am truly sorry to read of your misfortune. We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities so I take your concerns very, very seriously. Your comments will be fully researched and all findings will be acted upon swiftly and accordingly. My management team is committed to meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and appreciates any opportunity to bring our well established, dedicated level of service even higher. Becoming America’s number one family of extended stay hotels has given us the opportunity to welcome millions of valued patrons, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. Our continued success is based on the simple belief that we reached that achievement one guest at a time. It’s a process I believe symbolizes our pledge to provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. It’s always an honor to hear from our guests when we are doing a good job, but it’s a privilege to hear from a guest who cares enough to want us to do it even better.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I've in approximately 20 Extended Stay and Extended Stay Deluxe locations over the last six years.

This hotel appears to be newly renovated and is the best one I've stayed in so far. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were new. The older woman who checked me in was extremely nice and helpful. However, I couldn't give the hotel staff 100% because the woman who checked me out was indifferent and seemed to care less about how I felt about the hotel.

The hotel is also located about 1/4 of a mile off the interstate and near the mall cheap fast food restaurants and more expensive restaurant. The hotel has a kitchen and Publix and Kroger are less than 5 minutes away.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

The staff were friendly enough and quite helpful. However the place is run down and there are some really questionable goings on in there. The elevators were filthy and the hallways reaked of cigarette smoke.
My room looked clean enough but the bed was uncomfortable and the blanket had holes and rips in it. The towels were so scratchy I had to buy my own. And the bedspread...I won't even go there.
Run the other way is what I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

I booked through a hotel website where you get a low rate but 'buy blind' and get the name only after you've committed and paid. So I had a very good price indeed. Whilst not up to the claimed threestars it was perfectly functional and I got a small room. No glamour, but also with clean appearance, contents and bedlinen. I slept the night, turned down a pefectly acceptable continental breakfast and bought a full American elsewhere, but only because I was hungry. But served the purpose - overnight stay while travelling north on the I75 - perfectly well. Next time, I'll pay more and get a better hotel, but no complaints - it is what it is. Modern, faceless, functional overnight stop, basic but all the basics were fine. But don't spend your honeymoon there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

The first room we received smelled horrible (like some one had lived there for weeks without bathing)--the beds were made but actually stunk!. We requested another room--Rm 217. This room smelled a lot better, but it was still not clean and you could see the uncleanness, especially in the bathroom. When we got ready to go to bed, I happened to look at the box spring of the adjacent bed--something red that looked like blood stains on it. I look at the box springs of the bed I was laying on--the same. Needless to say, we didn't sleep under the cover. There is no maintenance or housekeeping on the weekend--You must take your towels to them at the lobby desk and they will give you that many towels back. Also, you must empty your own trash cans. Yes, the lobby desk closes with a gate over it at 11 pm. Also, the toilet backed up on us on Sunday--No one to take care of problem. We were told by the front desk to look in the "Mechanical Room" and there was a plunger we could use to unclog the toilet. We paid $150.00 for 3 nights and to top everything off--I had to call the desk first night (Friday) --I'm tired from the drive, because people were constantly slamming the doors on both floors and were jumping up and down on the floor over my head--sounded like bombs dropping on the roof. The Georgia Department of Health really should go through this place--it is highly unsanitary. If you are ever on Windy Hill in Marietta, GA , bypass the Extended Stay Hotel on Lleland --IT AINT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the dishes in the cabinet were nasty!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill? Share your experiences!