You added Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Apopka, Florida
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Nice rooms, shower and front desk staff. The only issue we had was that eating here was extremely expensive and not really worth it. Otherwise, a very nice stay. Golf course view was beautiful. We stayed with our 2 dogs without incident or over charging ($75).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Peta-Gay B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you and the doggies for the most part had a pleasant stay with us. Please accept or apologies for your dining experience not being a great one. We appreciate your business and hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Regards
Peta-Gay Barrett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Marietta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've lived here for years, never been to this Hilton, formerly owned by the city of Marietta. Golf resort, exquisite lobby area, pool. Priced right at $120 a night. The Pub off the lobby is great. Sal was a great bartender and personality. Nice to make a "find" right here under my nose!

Room Tip: Home made potatoe chip appetizer is phenominal!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Peta-Gay B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Neighbor,

Dear neighbor,
We are happy to hear that you finally discovered us and that you were please with your stay. I will be sure to pass on your nice words of compliments to our bar tender Sal. We hope to see you again in the future for a “Stay Cation”. Once again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel and conference center.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel is beautifully located and the architecture is lovely. The decor is fabulous, even showcasing some wonderful art throughout. The historical feel is enchanting. The wonderful golf course on the property is wonderful to look at for those who don't play, while challenging and reasonably priced for those that do. The rooms are very well laid out, updated, and clean. The mattresses are comfortable. The meeting rooms are well planned, the staff is impeccable, and the food for conferences and in the restaurant are well prepared and tasty. The on site bar adds a level of class while meeting the needs after a long day. I found everything I needed on site and did not need to venture elsewhere during my business conference. THE ONLY negative depends on your luck, as the insulation between rooms is nonexistent. So, if your neighbor likes to watch TV throughout the night, holds phone conversations at 2am, or otherwise talks to his or her wife while you're trying to sleep, you will hear it very clearly. BUT, if your neighbor is quiet, you should be good to go! I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel and Conference Center. It appeared as though you enjoyed all aspects of your stay except for the disturbance from your neighbors. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future
Dublin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this property and couldn't be more dissatisfied with my stay. In the simpliest of terms, the hotel is in an awful location in Marietta with no area support services or retail beffiting of a full service hilton hotel. On site management at this property is ill-equipped to provide answers or service to the guests of the hotel. Third, and as importantly, I experienced an issue during my one night stay--bed bugs--that was dealt with in a very unsatisfactory manner. I recognize that bed bugs are a problem throughout the country and it is not something that is limited to lesser quality hotels. However, one would think that when a guest comes down in the morning to the front desk and shows the on-site manager what happened over night (i.e. bug bites over one's chest), some meaningful and prompt action should've been taken. I won't bore you with all of the details or how unable the management is to address issues in a timely fashion. However, suffice it to say, management is not competent. Management will likely respond to my review saying that the room was clean. If that is the case, I can only ask, then why did it take 72 hours to provide me the report after repeated efforts to get the supposed "clean" report. Simply put...find another hotel in the Atlanta/Marietta area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without bugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Peta-Gay B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Valued guest,
We would like to first thank you for choosing the Hilton Marietta hotel. We know you have several choices when selecting a hotel and we are pleased that you chose us. Our Goal at the Hilton is to please 100% of our guests 100% of the times but unfortunately we did not meet our goal with you. Immediately after you reported the incident we had a nationally known pest control company inspect the room and there were no evidence of bed bugs, of which you have the report. The hotel was sold out the following day therefore that particular room was occupied 1 day after you left and there were no complaints. The hotel’s general manager returned your call the following morning when he was made aware of the incident, you were however not available and he left you a message. Once again the Hilton Marietta strives for perfect guest satisfaction, our service scores are ranked amongst the top within the Hilton Family of hotels. We are very sorry we were not able to satisfy you in this instance.
cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were on a tour and this was our first overnight stop for two nights.Hotel was comfortable and we
had a large room(635) which overlooked the golf course the hotel provided a good selection of toiletries
and the beds were very comfortable.All of the staff were really helpful and friendly we chose to eat our
breakfast at the hotel and it was good fresh fruit,cereals,yoghourt etc and cooked bacon,eggs plus a
nice selection of breads too.Marietta is not a large town and the hotel does serve bar meals in the evening but if you want a meal there is a mexican restaurant about 15 minutes walk where they have
a good selection of food it cost approx $40 for our meal.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course have nice views.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Peta-Gay B, Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you very much for nice words of compliments on our hotel. The staff and Management at the Hilton Hotel are pleased that you had a pleasant stay. It was a pleasure having you all here and hope the rest of your trip continue to be as pleasant.

Peta-Gay Barrett
Front Office Manager
Finksburg, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My experience at this facility was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my three day stay in Marietta, GA. I opted to include the breakfast buffet with my room accomodations.......a very wise decision......the food was delicious, the staff kept up with my coffee consumption, and the selection of breakfast foods was complete to say the least. I also ate several meals in the Hotel Pub/Restaurant. The food was very good and the prices were very reasonable. The restaurant staff were all very competent, polite, and expeditious. While you are having a drink at the bar, make sure to chat a bit with Sal, he is one of the finest bar tenders and restaurant waiters (and all around good guy) that I have ever met. The room was clean, well organized, and well maintained during my stay. The lobby area of the ground floor provides spacious and comfortable seating areas to stretch out and relax while visiting with family or just killing time between commitments. I am not a golfer but I did enjoy a walk through a portion of the facility's beautiful golf course. My overall experience at the facility was outstanding.

Room Tip: Sixth Floor rooms were very quiet during my stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is average. It isn't anything special, but probably the best you'll get around Marietta and I'd stay there again if I had to because it wasn't a negative experience. The reception area is lovely with a great view of the golf course and there is ample parking. It is also pretty close to the Marietta Square area with dining, shops, etc.

I think it is just an old spot, though. And I wouldn't call it a "resort" even though it is attached to a golf course. The rooms and bathrooms are on the small side and there were some odd smells - we got a faint odor of old syrup and then on wet dog. The beds weren't great quality either; every time I moved I felt like I was disturbing my bedmate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!