“Restaurant was a life saver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center

You added Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   500 Powder Springs St, Marietta, GA 30064   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi!
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle WA
“Restaurant was a life saver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

THis was my second stay
Same Gracious service at front desk
Same very nice room
and SAME GREAT BREAKFAST and WONDERFUL conversations with restaurant staff.
Food for the evening meal was NOT great.. but adequate.. What made the difference was our server Elvis and another male server.. (very sorry I can not remember his name.. also is a bar tender)

Food was VERY slow in arriving.. Some issues with kitchen?? But the restaurant was a port in the storm of having to be on business trip and having the FLU..

Room Tip: Ask to view the Golf Course
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Woodstock, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We use this hotel 3 times a year for our events and the staff is fabulous. The property is beautiful and well-maintained. We utitlize guest rooms, the ballrooms, food service and stay on property for an entire week for our main event and all proceeds without glitches and with delicious meals. Any concerns I have ever had are handled quickly and followed up later to make sure all is resolved. I especially love the staff's attention to preparing safe meals for one attendee with a serious milk allergy!

Treat yourself and/or your people to a unique and beautiful stay. This property is the former Confederate Military Academy and overlooks a sweeping golf course. Try to get a room with a gold course view!

Room Tip: Get a golf course view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Rockport, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed at this Hilton on January 24 and 25th. The hotel is lovely, clean and looks recently updated- it is also in a nice location and is easy to access. The only problem with the hotel was that I booked my room, was confirmed in my room and then when I was in a airport ( connection) I received a message that my room was not available - and they could only give me a smoking room. I could not believe this as I did not have time to call other hotels in the area and I would be arriving in Atlanta later at night and now I had no where to stay. I left a message stating I was a Hilton Gold Honors member and then when I arrived in Atlanta , they were now going to accommodate us. It was extremely stressful and we were not to happy about this at all.

The restaurant is very slow and we waited 40 minutes to take a dessert back to our room.The breakfast was great on the other hand and I would give this hotel another chance if I had to return to Marietta

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were there for a holiday meeting and event. The banquets and events were nicely done, but the rooms were very average (at best). The staff was seemingly bothered and disinterested. As a DIAMOND VIP HHONORS member, I was very surprised to receive no benefits, no upgrade, not even a morning paper.

The VIP Lounge was messy and unstocked with any snacks and only a few warm sodas.

If you want to jog, don't do it here in the early monring or after dark. You are in a very questionable part of town.

If you don't mind average rooms, no special recognition as an HHonors Diamond Member and overpriced bar drinks then this place is okay, I guess. Just don't venture past the property unless you want to risk money and bodily harm.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The parking was great, facility was very clean and welcoming. Staff was helpful and responsive especially when I had a security concern. Breakfast is not included in room price I had, However food was outstanding and restaurant staff was friendly and warm in personality.

Room Tip: Facing the GOlf course leads to some BEAUTIFUL sunset views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Seattle WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

VERY interesting VERY BIG hotel that once was a confederate Military training academy.
GReat portraits, cannon etc in lobby but very little historic explanation
Golf course beautiful but not particularly "friendly" to sole female player
FABULOUS breakfast buffet!!
CHarge for internet unless Hilton HOnors
Some rates include Breakfast??
EMpty during week.. seems to thrive on a few business road warriors and lots of special events of conventions and wedding.. BEAUTIFUL !! property!!!

Room Tip: Eat breakfast and dinner in the GRILL NEED CAR!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We were not greeted at the front door when we walked into the lobby. We looked around for a luggage cart and could not find one. We had to ask at the front desk, as we were struggling with all of our bags, the receptionist said 'I'll have to call for it'. We were checked in but no luggage cart ever showed up, so we decided to carry our bags to our room ourselves. When we arrived in our room, I was disappointed to find two beds rather than the one king that I had reserved. I checked the website and they describe beds in the rooms with two as queens but there is no way these were, they were double beds at best. We called the front desk and asked to be switched to a king room we had reserved and were told that the hotel was filled and they couldn't move us. No apology or let me look and see if I can do anything. Just a quick 'No'.

When we put out the bath mat to shower, we found stains on it, like multiple color marks on a white bath mat.

We knew when we made the reservations (3 months ago) that our plane would be leaving later than check out and had requested a late checkout (we had hoped to stay until 2 pm) at that time and again when we checked in. When we called to verify it on the morning of our departure we were told they could not accomodate us. We had to rush around at the last minute to check out on time.

I won't stay at this hotel again and doubt that I will stay at another Hilton ever again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!