“Nice Overnight Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Houston, Texas
“Nice Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The desk staff, I believe his name was Tim, was very attentive, and worked very hard to help me and my family feel at home. The rooms were nice, clean, and beds were comfortable. We only stayed overnight, but slept comfortably. The breakfast was good with a great selection of fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals, eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of hotel would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your great words regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Tim will be delighted to know that he had a positive impact while you were here. Next time you are in town, we hope that you choose again to stay with us so we can meet and exceed your expectations to receive a 5 Star review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Panama City, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On Nov 7 call from holiday inn in Murphy North Carolina to make reservation and I was told I had to prepay for my stay I was with two other couples I order a specific room and was charged $129.00 while my guess we're charged 107.00 but apon arrival the next day our room was pretty much just like our friends room so I spoke to front desk and was issued a refund in the amount of 22.80 , I looked for it for a couple of weeks then I called eventually a manager by the name of Elizabeth emailed me saying she was looking in to it but I haven't heard from her and have tried to contact her but no response as of 11/30/14 I July got back from a holiday inn stay in Gadsden ala on 11/27/14 which was perfect . In the past month I have stayed in 4diffrent holiday inns and this is the only one that hasn't fulfilled a promise.

Room Tip: Don't do prepay and always make sure you're getting just what you pay for
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Michael A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have been in contact via email in regards to your reservation. Please note that you were in our King Executive room and, unlike your traveling companions which were in a king standard, you had a larger lounging area with a coffee table, queen size sleeper sofa, and larger bathroom. Thank you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express and being loyal to out IHG Brand.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i was very happy with the hotel staff very professional keep the good work to help buisness people like me in the future and please send me on future any promotion the are availeble to help my company we will see you and two weeks

Room Tip: rooms on the 4th floor are quiter
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your great review! It is our pleasure to help assist you and I am delighted to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. We look forward to earning your business again in two weeks!
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

We had a disappointing visit recently at this Holiday Inn Express. First...what the hotel got right:

- late night check in was reassuring after a long day on the road
- Friendly service
- Clean lobby, halls
- secure elevator access, safe parking area
- Good location with plenty of restaurants and gas stations near

The disappointments:

- We were told our room was 2 "queen-double" beds. Maybe its a point of clarification, but we understood that to be slightly larger than double bed. They seemed like regular doubles to us. At the time, we were tired and the hotel appeared pretty booked by looking at the parking lot, so we decided it wasn't that big of a deal.
- Discolorations on the wall. There were a few spots on the walls, especially the bathroom, where it looked like some water seepage had occured and it hadn't been completely patched up. Cosmetic, yes, but there nonetheless.
- The shower curtain rod was warped or bent so that the curtain sagged to the middle whenever you used the shower. Kind of odd to have the curtain slowly settle to the middle during the shower.
- The phone did not work properly. I could get a dial tone, but when I dialed the number for the front desk, it didn't register. I tried other extensions with no luck either. We realized this after the fire alarm went off due to some burnt toast at the breakfast area...we were trying to call to see what the brief alarm was. Ended up having to dial it on our mobile phone.

So, our experience was disappointing. Maybe we just had an overflow room that isn't the norm for this hotel. But I always try to seek out Holiday Inn Expresses when I travel because I find them to be reliably clean, friendly, and in safe locations. Our room could've usee a little extra care and attention to get it up to normal Holiday Inn standards.

Room Tip: I'd avoid room 202.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Many times, this is the best way for us to truly know how we are doing and how we can improve. Unfortunately we do not have queen beds in our location, we have our room with two double beds. I apologize about the confusion. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention and I will ensure that it is followed up with! We are happy to hear about the many elements you enjoyed and hope that next time you are in town, you will stop in the give us a second chance to see improvements!!
dolphin110173
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for one night it was great. We got a king room with jacuzzi it was a large room with a large jacuzzi tub it also had a sitting area with couch, large flat screen tv, and a microwave and refrigerator. The room was super clean and the breakfast was good. Will defiantly stay here again

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and a great one at that!! We are so glad you enjoyed the Jacuzzi room that we offer and we look forward to your future visit!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

I travel into Marietta for business quite frequently and stay at the conveniently located Holiday Inn Express every time. The staff is always pleasant and helpful, the rooms are always very clean and quite spacious, and check in and out is always a quick easy process. The walls are a bit thin but if you request the top floor, I never seem to have a problem with noise at bedtime. They have probably the best hotel sheets I have ever slept in and I always sleep well. The microwave and refrigerator in the room are always a nice plus as well. I will keep returning for my future Georgia stays!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, October 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are honored to have you as our return guest during your business trips. Our staff will be delighted to hear your kind words as well as our housekeeping staff, who work so diligently to keep things clean! We look forward to your next visit!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

My husband and I found the staff to be extremely personable and helpful. They always greeted us and were willing to answer all our questions. We arrived late one evening and the room assigned to us had a "chirping" smoke alarm. We called the front desk and the lady on duty got us another room within 15 minutes-very impressive. Tim and Krishan, desk clerks, were especially helpful. The lady who oversees breakfast always greeted us with a smile-very nice to see in the mornings. Overall, we had an excellent experience and would be glad to stay there in the future. Good location for the Marietta area.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for your very kind words about our staff! They work so hard and I will be elated to pass this review on for them to see. Thank you again and it will be our pleasure to host you and your husband in future trips!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest? Share your experiences!