“surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Raleigh, North Carolina
“surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had car trouble and I had to find a room for the night. I found this Motel 6 and was pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was. When I walked into the lobby I notcied how nice everything was and it was so clean. The front desk person was extremely helpful as I did not know my way around and she gave directions and went out of her way to make sure I was accomodated. When I got to the room, it was so nice. I was greatful that they had dont some renovations and they had painted the walls a bright color and had put in hardwood floors. It was clean as well and very cozy. I would def stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a reonovate room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I must have gotten a "not yet renovated" room when I stayed there May. My first room had an inoperative air conditioner and stunk. My replacement (no smoking) room merely reeked. There was no ironing board in the replacement room.

The motel is located in perhaps the worst part of town, so bring adequate self-defense weaponry. A short-barreled shotgun would be appropriate.

There was what appeared to be urine in the elevator, and cigarette butts all over the place.

In short, this place was a ghetto dive, and it really damaged the Motel 6 brand in my eyes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

about 2 yrs ago i stopped here as i have stayed there many times in past and it had been ok considering price. as im trying to check in this non american speaking lady is saying im BANNED from ever staying there again and WONT tell me why.1st of all i travel alone im a older female and REALLY what would one have to do to get banned from a motel 6 we all know WHY they leave the lights on and etc. only because i travel alot did i then call manager and district manager to explain they had wrong person and how embarrassing this was. REALLY and NOONE cared or told me what i had suppossedly done. so the other night again we r passing thru had my husband check in just to see if was same or worst cause everywhere else was too expensive or sold out. room was so downhill from before different lady but was rude. moldy,FLATTTT pillows,nowhere to set clothes for shower im sure there r bugs there room was not up to par

Room Tip: the studio 6 next door is great if u get there early due to lobby closes
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rochester Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed at this location a few times in the past and had no issues. They have very good prices, clean rooms, and a good location.

However....This time around we had an issue with cockroaches in the room. When we arrived in the room, there was a cockroach on the floor waiting to greet us(see picture), and some cockroaches outside the door of the room.. After getting the bug out of the room, we had no other issues.

This is a great location at a great price. We were in the area to visit six flags, and this hotel was only about 20 min away from the park. Even with the cockroach, we will stay there again. It's the first time we had an issue of any kind at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Crystal G, Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for opting to stay with us. We appreciate your business. As far as the cockroach problem, we assure you that we do everything possible to keep our property free from that sort of thing. We are in the process of renovating so we do take extra precautions to make sure you have an enjoyable stay!
shubuta, ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Even though I had reserved rooms our rooms weren't ready when we arrived. The rooms doesn't have irons or ironing boards but they do have them at the front desk, if you're lucky you'll get one before they're all gone. We had one of the newly remodeled rooms but the knob for the cold water was broken & our toilet wouldn't flush. I let the front desk know before we left to go to the game & when we returned it was fixed. The staff was very friendly even when people were being rude. We had to wait for a room but the staff kept letting us know how much longer it would be, which made it better. If you're there to get a good nights sleep you might want to go somewhere they have security because about 3 that morning people were standing outside our door talking. All & all it's worth the price.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We take pride in offering our guests the accomodations they need, while trying to keep the price affordable.
Smyrna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I absolutely enjoy staying at this hotel. The quality of service for the price is a great deal. Nejla and Chris, along with the other staff are there to assist in any way possible. The rooms are clean, quiet, and safe. AND check out is at noon, unlike other hotels. They have really addressed any previous complaints and remodeled the rooms. Check them out.

Room Tip: Choose any rooms by the freeway, away from the pool area. The kids play in the pool until they close...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the motel 6 the pool was great and the front desk customer service was excellent I would definitely return to this location. I have been staying at motel 6 hotels for the past 6 years this is by far the best one I have stayed at the lobby is beautiful and the rooms are great I love the new floors

Room Tip: When you stay at the hotel make sure you get one of there new renovated rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta? Share your experiences!