“This is not the Drury at all....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toney, Alabama
“This is not the Drury at all....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well, we wanted to take a quick trip to Atlanta and this time we thought we would try the Hyatt. Well never again, as I told the lady when we checked out, but her concerns with our issues she didn't care at all. She just kept saying I am sorry in a little whinny voice. For the price of the rooms, I think that something would be a perk. Nope... Nothing. We are used to staying at the Drury, where they have FREE evening snacks and cocktails, also you awake to a very nice Hot Breakfast. This place nothing, they wanted to charge 2.75 for a 20 oz. drink. really!!! We had to call down to the front desk, because we were woken up at 9:00 by housekeeping wanting to clean our room.......check out was 12:00, they need to have some type of system that lets them know when a guest has left, and it is ok to clean the room. After we told them no, they were cleaning other rooms on our hall and talking VERY LOUD one lady was at a room and the other lady was about 6 rooms down, I opened our door and told them to shhhhhhhh, they looked at me like they could kill me, and when we walked by, the lady's cart was in the middle of the hall, and lets just say she didn't want to move it, but she did.....We stayed in Room 603, and I don't know what was wrong with that bed, but my goodness it squeaked like it was 150 years old, I started calling my husband George Washington, cause that was probably his bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your recent visit to my hotel and for your comments regarding your stay. We truly strive to exceed every customer's expectation - I wanted to apologize for not reaching that goal on this visit!
I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area and please reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the North Atlanta area frequently for business and have been a dyed in the wool Hilton customer until recently. I had last stayed at the Hyatt on Windy Hill in 2010 when the hotel was undergoing a renovation. The weather had been icy on that occasion also which made navigating the steep hill leading up to the hotel challenging. Now that the renovation has been complete for some time, I decided to return and I'm glad I did.

Every member of the hotel staff who I came in contact with was very pleasant and helpful. I was particularly impressed by a young woman working at the front desk (I believe her name was Felicia) who remembered me by name when I approached the desk to make request the day after I had checked in.

My suite was very large, comfortable, quiet, and well decorated. The bed smelled fresh and the room was very clean. The mirror in the bathroom was so well-lighted that it was comparable to a makeup mirror. The towels were thick and fluffy.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding. I am a picky, healthy eater who loves breakfast. Imagine my delight when I discovered scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon on the breakfast buffet. On the evening I checked in I had dinner in the hotel restaurant looking out over the waterfall. The atmosphere here and overall was very serene. My dinner consisted of a very well-prepared catch of the day. My server, Silvain, could not have been more attentive and engaging.

When I judge a hotel I generally rate it based on comfort, cleanliness, security, the availability of in-room coffee, breakfast, and the towels. This location hit a home run on all of the above and then some. I may not be back to the Hilton that I have stayed at for the past five years in North Atlanta, I have a new favorite hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lived here for 3 months while relocating to ATL. Great staff and excellent accommodations. It was recently remodeled and has a very modern feel. Very clean and neat. Spacious rooms with separate bedroom, mini fridge, sink and big screen TV, of course!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for the kind comments - we miss you & your family and you are always welcome back! As you stated, our renovation turned out great and we are looking forward to a Summer season at our pool - very relaxing!
It is truly a pleasure to have customers such as yourself and I look forward to the next time you come back "home".

Take care
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this location as a last minute resort. I'm very glad we did. We had the Regency suite, which is about 300 sq ft bigger than a regular suite. The rooms are large regardless of size. No dissappointment there. Clean. Friendly staff.
Refreshment machines and area near check in to buy things. Seasonal pool. Breakfast $9.99 continental or $14.99 for the good stuff. Restaraunts close by for more options. Theatre and mall nearby.

Personally loved the room so much I didn't care about the outdoor pool being closed. Good for families and traveler. Pricey but you get what you pay for. I give it 4 because Hyatt needs to atleast offer free wifi at these prices. Indoor pool
Would be nice. Bottle of water in room. Humor us. But Thank you for free parking.

• Stayed April 2013
I wanted to thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at my hotel - I will pass along your comments to my respective department managers and team. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and strive to exceed every customer's expectation!
FYI - Our pool opens Memorial Day Weekend and is very nice/relaxing! I hope you can find time to come back and enjoy,,,

I look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for a family event for the second time. Since our last visit 3 years ago, the rooms have been refurbished and very elegantly appointed and feel very spacious. The layout of these suites are perfect for staying with children. The large couch in the living area pulled out to a Queen (or double? looked big), where our 3 and 6 year old slept extremely well! Plenty of drawer space for everyone if making your stay a long one.

Hotel staff was very professional and courteous. The only thing I didn't understand was the housekeeping rules. One day our room was not made when we returned from our day at 4 pm. However, they reconciled it immediately and cleaned up our room. Travelling with kids, we tend to go thru a lot of towels and they were very good about replenishing our stash for all of us.

The buffet breakfast was great - my kids especially liked the cereal bar with many options.

If in Atlanta again for business or pleasure, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to my hotel. We are very proud of our property and service - That being said, I will pass along your concern with regards to the cleaning of your room to my housekeeping team.
You are correct, our suites are the largest in the area and the entire property was recently renovated.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!
Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Heading from Chicago to Sanibel Island, we planned on our overnight stay to be in Marietta, GA.
After driving close to 13 hours and through a terrible hail storm, we arrived at this hotel very tired around 8:30 pm. Arriving at the front desk we found our reservation was only in the system for our return visit there in a week, and not for that night. Thankfully NIkki took control and got us on the phone with Hyatt Reservations, getting things fixed in moments.
She then sent up complimentary snacks/brownies/beverages to our room for the slight hassle we went through. In the morning we enjoyed the breakfast and the staff again was on top of their game. The rooms were HUGE, very nicely decorated/modern, and CLEAN. Only a minute or two off of the expressway. Nice job Hyatt!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Rooms are good sizes and beds are very comfortable. The staff was wonderful, excluding the manager on duty at the time of my check in. He was a bit rude and was not very honest with me as a customer, but the rest of the staff and my comfortable stay made up for his unkindness. I will definitely return to this beautiful hotel. Good location from shopping, restaurants, and the airport wasn't a bad drive either.

Room Tip: If looking for a nice hotel for a good price and a lot of space this is a great find. Higher floors...