“Great suite - Missed wake up call” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 34 hotels in Marietta
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Carolina
“Great suite - Missed wake up call”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We choose the hotel because of the suite layout. We were given a specially cleaned room for those with allergies. It was very clean and clean smelling.

I realize that we stayed on an off weekend. There were vacant rooms because it is primarily a business hotel. Unfortunately it was not fully staffed. The staff we encountered were friendly. One potential problem was they totally missed the scheduled wakeup call. Thank goodness we were not flying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at my property and apologize for not properly providing your wake up call - I will pass this along to my front office team to ensure we are correct going forward.
As you mentioned, we do have great suites - the entire property was recently renovated and we are proud of our hotel/services provided.
I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area and exceeding all your expectations!

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel after driving for 10 hours on my way to Florida. I would highly recommend staying at this location. Not far off of the I75 and you don't need to leave the hotel once you get there. I ate at the lobby restaurant and the food was quite tasty. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was big and spacious. The kitchen and sitting area were in one room and my bed was in another room. The bathroom was very spacious too! They have computers in the lobby for guests to use. Would definately come back here again!

Room Tip: When I arrived it was dark and dark in the morning when I left so I don't know what the views we...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Yuba City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I just stayed a total of 10 nights over the past two weeks at the Hyatt Regency Suites in Marietta GA. The experience left me wishing that Hyatt had more suites hotels. Here are my ratings on a Five Star scale:

* Location: 4 stars with easy freeway access
* Space: 5 stars with over 600 square feet of space, the rooms were easily twice the size
of most standard hotel rooms.
* Cleanliness: 4 stars.
* Staff: 5 stars. All staff were very friendly and helpful.
* Comfort: 3.5 stars. The beds a a bit soft and saggy for me, otherwise the rating would be higher. The rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator and two large flat screen televisions.
* Exercise: 5 stars. This hotel was easily the best exercise area I've seen with two rooms,
machines, treadmills and a full compliment of dumb bell weights. There is even a great view. The hotel also offer a card with about a 2.5 mile walk route. Nice touch.
* Breakfast: 4 stars. The breakfast buffet is very good with fresh fruit and other items that are of a higher quality than most breakfast offerings.
* Extras: The hotel has a "free" washer and dryer on the 7th floor. There may others on other floors but I don't know for sure. Self-parking is free of charge.

Tips: * A Wall Street Journal is delivered to your room six days a week. You can also get a USA Today by asking at the front desk. If you want a Sunday paper, it's $2.50 at the front desk.
* If you are a member of AAA, it is well worth it to get a AAA breakfast rate which includes the buffet breakfast for two. The is about a $25 value.
* If you have more than one device (my wife and I both used the internet) that you use for the internet make sure you tell the front desk so you are not charged twice.
* The coffee in the rooms is not so good and there never seemed to be enough sugar/creamer left in the room (an odd place to cut costs). Check near the bar area for a free coffee/tea self service stand. It's not always set-up but it is worth going there for morning coffee or tea.

The bottom line line is that I recommend the hotel and I will stay there again when I am in the area. My only complaint is that Hyatt still is behind the times in charging about $10 each day for internet access. Overall, I give the hotel 4.5 stars. This represents 4 stars for the hotel with an additional half a star because my wife was happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for best views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind comments and overall rating for your recent visit to my hotel! We truly strive to exceed every customers expectation! That being said, I will pass along all your comments to the respective department and strive to get a "5" on each category on your next visit.
Please pass along my thanks to your wife as well - I know how important that satisfaction is,,,

I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Darien, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very spacious, clean and comfortable. Dog was pretty happy with the stay as well. Close to I75. Staying with a dog, they have you on the 1st floor, close to "dog walk". Very convenient. We stayed on New Year's Eve., there was a party on the 1st floor, and we didn't hear a thing.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous place to stay. Came to Atlanta for 2 nights and had to stay a third night due to getting the flu. The staff was very accommodating and understanding. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta NW is a great stopover when driving north on I-75. You can get through Atlanta, and get a good jump on the traffic in the am. The suites are large enough for a family of four to stretch out comfortably. Everything was clean, modern, and in working order. The beds were the best we've ever encountered with quality linens that made each one truly a "clean bed". The hotel is an oasis with glimpses of the water garden through the lobby into the restaurant and bar. We came in late on Christmas night, and the employees were pleasant and greeted us warmly. Great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saraland, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have stayed at this location on a few occasions for business purposes. Let me say this is the fanciest and classiest hotel I have ever stayed at. The breakfasts are top-notch; although, be sure to include it on your room rate. Hash browns and bacon all the way (and other various selections).The rooms are as big as my apartment (close to 600 sq. ft.). Very, very clean room upon arrival. The internet is very fast (and free). The bed is isolated enough so that you hardly ever hear any hallway noises.

The staff are very professional and helpful. Kudos to every one of you.

The one bad thing is that there is only one community washing machine and dryer (for seven floors of people). There is a laundromat across the street, though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest? Share your experiences!