“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road to your Saves list
Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2191 Northwest Parkway, I-75 Exit 261, Dobbins AFB, Marietta, GA 30067   |
Ranked #28 of 34 hotels in Marietta
Orlando, Florida
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We checked into the Days Inn late (10pm) on Friday night Labor Day weekend. It was ok for a night. The first problem was that while my husband & children went down for breakfast I was stuck in the room waiting for maintenance to come up. Our door would not lock. You could just push it open without the key! I had to wait at least 15 minutes alone in the room. His solution was jiggling the lock & making it come out. I made sure it was locked before I left for the day.
We reserved two additional rooms for our family for Saturday night. When I checked in on Friday he told me to come down around noon & he would check us into the other two rooms. However, the girl at the desk said there would be a $25 fee per room to check in at noon. No thank you. We'll wait!!! So we ended up standing in line for 45 minutes waiting to check in. There was one girl behind the desk & the line was out the door. This was made worse by us seeing all of the "workers"sitting in the back every time the elevator door opened. That would explain why we had to wait. Seemed every body was on break!
Finally checked into the two rooms and one of the rooms had the same door issue! We were told that the maintenance man was not in & it would be fixed tomorrow. So they switched our room. It was just one problem after another at this place.
The icing on the cake was that when we returned from a fun filled evening at Stone Mountain we realized that our room was not locked at all! When the maids had gone in they didn't make sure it was locked behind them. Thankfully, nothing appeared to be missing.

Room Tip: Pay the extra dollars & stay some place nicer
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Muldraugh, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

That was the worse place we have ever stayed at. The service was horrid. The doors would not lock on are rooms when you wanted to leave. The tv was lousey we called the front desk and they said that all the hotels were having problems but in the other room we rented the tv worked fine so when we said that they said interesting and said they had no one to work on it. So spend your hard earned somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Paducah, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Price was only about $60 a night, and not even worth that much. This hotel is dirty, hot, run down, in bad need of some maintenance.
We book a room with 2 queen sized beds. The beds were NOT queen, they were full sized. When we brought this up at the desk we were advised the beds were indeed queen sized, which was a bald faced lie.
Hallways blocked by cleaning crew carts placed strategically in the very middle and at an angle. Rear entrance blocked for an extended period because some genius started to refill a coke machine, and then wandered off leaving a large cart full of canned drinks and several flats of cans just lying all over the floor. I asked the lady at the desk if someone could move the items so I could get out the door (I had a large suitcase in each hand). She asked me if I could use another door instead.
I dont expect a lot for $60, but this place is a rip off even at that price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I needed to stay at a hotel in Marietta for one evening and as a member of the associated travel club, I chose this Day's Inn. I have had very mixed experiences at Days Inn so I didn't expect a whole lot and I was surprised to find this hidden gem.

First of all, it listed as "Days Inn Delk Road" but it really isn't on Delk Road but a good half mile or more off of Delk on Northwest Parkway, but it is easily accessed. As close as it is to the interstate and a main road, it is amazingly quiet, tucked away at the edge of an office park. It is next to a club but I heard no noise from the club. The facility seemed safe and I had no worries about my personal or vehicle safety.

My need for the room was a quick one as I just needed a place to sleep for the night, arriving late and leaving early. Check in and check out was easy. They accepted cash with no problem or question. I did not use the TV or internet service and didn't even notice if it had a refrigerator or microwave. However, the rooms were very clean, even in those oft-overlooked places, with the typical mid-priced hotel furniture. The are not large rooms and they open on the parking lot.

The air conditioning worked well, the shower had adequate pressure.

This review is not up to my usual standards of detail, simply because I arrived, checked in, fell in bed and to sleep, awoke early, showered and checked out. However, I felt that it would be useful to report my impression that the hotel seemed safe, was definitely clean, comfortable, well air-conditioned and overall the best quality Day's Inn I've ever occupied.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed in August 2010, had a 3 night reservation but only stayed one. Best thing about this hotel is the location. First room they put us in had mold all over the shower. Second room looked better, but still mildewed on the ceiling of the bathroom, old furniture and fixtures, walls dirty and don't match. Holes in wallpaper. Carpet dirty. Air Conditioner quit in the middle of the night. Pool is nice sized and only 5 ft deep, but was dirty as well and needed repair around many areas. Dave and Buster's restaurant is next door and cops warned us not to leave anything in our car, as they have a very bad area here. I cannot recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I would never stay at this hotel again. When I checked in, the reservation was in my and my husbands name. Unfortunately, he was unable to take this trip with me. I had to call him at home and get him to email his driver's license just to be able to check in - even though they had my information on the reservation too! Apparently, one person's license just wasn't enough.

The room I stayed in faced the parking lot, which was very bright. Even with the window shades closed, the room was uncomfortably bright.

I had initially reserved my room for two days, then called to add a third night. When I checked in, I mentioned this and they said that would be fine. Imagine my surprise to go back to my hotel after sightseeing on the third day and find my key no longer worked AND my room had been cleaned out! The staff had taken all my bags and personal items and stored them in the office as I had not checked out!!! I had told them I wanted the third night, they said they had the reservation when I checked in, and I went back to find out that apparently they either lied to me or just didn't care. I had to once again express that I wanted the 3rd night that I HAD reserved, TWICE, and they told me they had no record of that in their computer. Funny how it had appeared it two days ago. After getting my bags back, I once again had to move all my luggage back to my room.

After staying here, I attempted to call the manager numerous times and was constantly told that "he's not in, try back tomorrow." Fine, I did so, five times. As he was not in for apparently a full week, I have given up. My final opinion - DON"T STAY HERE. The staff was rude, the room was too bright to sleep, and reservations dissapear mysteriously.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I am usually not one to trash a business without good reason, but after my two night stay here I will never book a room at a Days Inn again. I booked online through my Sams Club Travel. I payed for an interior non smoking room. Upon check in, I received an exterior non smoking room, but as soon as I opened the door, my kids said how bad it smelled like smoke. There were cigarrette burns in one of the bedspreads, the other bedspread had tears in it. The first morning we went for the continental breakfast. There was a huge sign saying do not take food out of the dining area. So I attempted to prepare breakfast for myself and my two children. It was extremely crowded, and to me it seemed like mostly the motel owners family enjoying the breakfast. There was no ice the entire time we were there. The pool hours are from 9-9. The pool was still padlocked after 9am, so I asked the man at the front desk to unlock it. My kids were in the pool a total of ten minutes when the man came out and said the pool was closing due to bad weather! It was only cloudy, no rain!!! I felt imprisoned, we were watched the entire time we were there. There was even a strange man in an Impala who sat in his car 24-7. We didnt know if he was security or if he was casing the place. I was just so ready to get out of that place, I would never go back! Nor would I send anyone there!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road? Share your experiences!