“A Really Good Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Dothan, Alabama
“A Really Good Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

As a consultant, I stay in a lot of hotels, and prefer Marriott properties. I've stayed in many Courtyards, and all were good in every aspect. Although this was a very brief stay, this one seemed to me to be better than most. It didn't hurt that my Platinum Elite status resulted in an upgrade to a suite, but the condition of the property and quality of service was, I believe, above average. The hotel is located in a well landscaped area with other hotels and business nearby and my room was quiet and I slept well. It is a bit tricky to get into the parking lot if approaching from I-75. The area has many good restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: I always like the top floor to get away from street noise and noise from the room above.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ok I took a shot in the dark reserving this hotel. I had never been to this area. Marriott usually has high standards I thought. Well we had two queen beds and the beds were not comfortable. They seemed old. Sheets were clean I will give them that, but comfort NOPE. Also we were on ground level by pool and on the last day before we left we killed at least 4 big spiders in the bathroom. And also the pool was as clean as it should have been. Will not stay here again. Oh almost forgot. Also police were pounding on the door next to ours, ended up being teenagers in there with weed. And also I saw a prostitute going into the elevator on the last night we stayed. The front desk tried to say she was a set up by the police to bust someone in the hotel....Really?? Im good we left and stayed at the Microtel which was much better and cheaper and no drama there! Oh will say the breakfast was great though!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Staff is very friendly, but that doesn't make up for the dismal repair of this hotel. There was a big stain on the carpet in front of my room. Inside the room, the furniture was scratched and damaged. The chair at the desk was very low and couldn't be adjusted upward making it next to impossible to work at the desk. Two of the desks legs were damaged - it looked like it migh collapse.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed at many Marriott hotels as a business traveler and have come to expect a certain standard with Courtyard. This hotel is old and tired looking. I was also disappointed that my Gold membership didn't get me a breakfast (I know, this sounds moody...). The lobby smells like it has been smoked in. The beds are comfortable and generally clean...just doesn't have that Courtyard feel to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

So we checked in yesterday and I drove with my husband all the way from Florida. We were really tired so i went to bed at about 10 pm and we were up cause of some noise which started at about 11:30pm. Right across from our room there were like 4 guys pounding really hard on a door and talking to someone inside the door (more like yelling) I could hear every single word loud and clear. I called the front desk and the guy said he will call security. I called security at about 2:00am. After that for a few min like 20 min the noise went away but then it started again i thought maybe they are drunk they will stop but it continued till 3:30am i called security again. In the morning i was super tired my eyes were read and all i could think about is how horrible my sleep was. I checked out of the hotel even before the breakfast. In morning while packing i say roaches in the room.

I mentioned all this to the manager and she said she will take care of my next day and mentioned that we are a 24 hour hotel. I normally stay in Hilton and I am a time share owner and a hilton honors member I wanted to give Marriott a try but i was highly disappointed. I am a doctor and my husband is a lawyer I would recommend this place if you want to party and be loud but for those who wants a good night sleep I would stay away from this place. I wish there was one review which warned me about this.
The management was ok too. I have never faced any issues in hilton ever and their customer service has been amazing. I travel a lot. I am going to San Diego next week and San Francisco a week after.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with a group of 10 friends for a girls' weekend. The rooms were clean and the shower was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. It's located just outside of Atlanta, which is convenient.

• Stayed April 2013
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this facility for 2 nights on business. It is very close to I-75 making it convenient to Marietta and Atlanta. Everything was great. The rooms and common areas were exceptionally clean and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North? Share your experiences!