“Just wow....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marietta Hotel

You added Marietta Hotel to your Saves list
Marietta Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Northwest Parkway, I-75 & Delk Road, Marietta, GA 30067 (Formerly Comfort Inn Marietta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
McAlpin, Fl
“Just wow....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room was relatively clean, but the hotel door wouldn't shut right and it stuck when you tried to open it, the latch on the door was loose, the closet doors were loose and didn't close right, there were holes in the blanket and unknown reddish stains on the blankets. My room key stopped working when I came back and I had to walk all the way back to the front desk from the second floor to fix the problem. The pool was filthy, and the maids didn't even clean the room. The only nice thing about the hotel was the man behind the desk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

ok i call myself trying to save money so i found this hotel it is a mess roaches the manager is very rude i checked four different rooms before i found one that suits me. and it was still a mess cigarette butts on the floor and ashes and i have a none smoking room. no towels u have to ask for them and even then it takes 4 to 5 hours to even get any. i find it strange that u cant contact the owner no way shape form or fashion but he wants u to spend your hard earned money on a dump... none of the elevators work the halls and stairs are filthy. turn on the lights and roaches scatter. they dont accomodate their customers in any way. u tell them that things are broken and dont work and they look at u like u crazy and they dont care. i will not spend another dollar on this place. i think i need to call the city on this place to get this shut down cause its unsafe and very unsanitary!!

Room Tip: dont i repeat dont spend your money here go elsewhere cuz they are filthy and unsanitary and rude an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Germantown, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I made the mistake of using a prepaid reservation service to book this hotel. When I arrived, the manager gave me a key (but asked to hold my drivers license until I returned) and told me to go check out the room to see whether it was to my liking. I thought that was strange--until I checked out the room. When I turned on the light, about a dozen cockroaches scattered to hide under the sink. So I asked the manager whether they had any rooms without cockroaches. He said, 'sure', and gave me another key. Ok, so I didn't see any cockroaches immediately in this one, but the room looked awful. The cabinet under the sink had been smashed. The room was dark and smelled funny. And there were people milling around the property--I honestly didn't think my rental car would survive the night without being vandalized or stolen. So I admitted defeat, turned the key back in, and left. What a waste of money. When I booked the room, I had been under the impression that the hotel was owned/managed by Confort Inn. I plan to contact them next, encouraging them to check out the online reservation site--to see for themselves that their name is still being associated with this horrible property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Cons: This place is ghetto, the people there are very scary. I was scared to park my car outside the hotel. Walking down the hallway feels unsafe. The floor and walls were unclean. People were just staring and hollering at my friend. The A/C wasn't good, the place smells moldy and damp. Majority of the plug ins didn't work. No wifi at all........

Pros: It had a kitchen and clean bathroom. It was OK, No intrusive people.

conclusion: I only stayed here for one night. Do i reccomend this to anyone?? if you can live in a ghetto neighborhood this might be the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hastings, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would rate -10 . This place is absolutely horrible. I think the only time in my life I was this scared of a place was a nightmare of a place in downtown Miami. This is one of the scariest places I've ever stayed. At least twice now (we're presently at this facility) someone has called our room and hang up when I answer. I try calling the front desk to complain and no one will answer. We were honestly afraid to touch anything in the room.
I finally got through to switchboard. They say they can't tell who is calling my room. When they decided they were finished talking to me they hung up on me.
Horrible!!!!!!! Never, EVER again.
Internet is horribly slow. So slow I can't even get it to load up the speedtest.com site to test the speed. The internet completely failed on the second night (of our 3 day stay). I called to ask them what was wrong (thinking maybe they could just reset their router/modem). They blamed it on their ISP and said I could call them if I wanted. I ended up just using my phone, as it was still out the next morning.
Bathroom doorknob broken off. Blinds don't work.
Horrible looking stains on Drapes. Heating/Air unit very scary looking but works. Most everything dirty. Front door has marks that indicate someone attempted to break in.
Whether or not they actually have a Continental Breakfast, we don't know... we'd be afraid to actually eat it if they do. Who knows what kind of nasty would be in it.
Pool is closed.... seasonal? It's Aug 31 through Sept 03 2012.
When you read that they have cable TV with free HBO do NOT believe it. It looks like some sort of antenna with horrible reception.
According to the websites, they have a pet policy of 10 lbs or less if you pay a "per stay" fee of $25. According to the signs in the lobby, they have a "NO Pet" policy. Stating that if they find evidence if a pet having been here they would bill you an additional $150. The whole stay of 3 nights is only $104 plus 14% taxes. They claim that fee is for cleaning. I have to wonder if they simply DON'T clean unless you have a pet. I know they have housekeeping and they actually did come by and check to see if we needed anything. But I'm telling you... they must be watching soaps on the TV's (that actually work) instead of actually cleaning.
The carpet is filthy. You walk across it barefoot and your feet are black. Stains on the comforter. Chairs stained and or broken.
I had booked this stay weeks in advance {Priceline.com}. When I went to check in they cancelled my reservations. They stated to another customer that they had overbooked. I did get" to stay however, {fortunately for me} because I was one of the first of around 30 overbooked, to show up. I will be adding pictures on here for the ones of you that would like to see how scary this place is.
You can tell that this used to be a very nice hotel. But that is long gone.
As far as the gym they claim to have... Who would actually have the nerve to look for it? We're almost afraid to come out of the room.
Now... to see if they try to rip me off... they copied my credit card and ID. Is that perhaps, a bad sign?

Room Tip: Be afraid... be VERY afraid!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This used to be a nice hotel, I've stayed here for several years, but it isn't anymore. Took the front desk 3 tries to find a room that was a mess. This place honestly resembles a cheap apartment building now. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a good hotel when it was from comfort inn, now that it change completely it turned into the most disgusting hotel I been in, Staff was not professional at all, key card was not working and I had to go up and down the stairs 3 times with luggage to complain (it is very ghetto place to leave luggage unattended) one of the employees open then door and told me he would bring a working key card in a few minutes, about 2 and half hours later after I'm trying to sleep he knocks on door and was very rude. The hallways smell like urine, smoke, liquor, and dirty prostitutes. This is not a family friendly hotel. This hotel definitely seem like it's a ghetto apartment complex, when you leave people asking you for change or cigarettes and I was scared for my car being outside and there was also a lot of group of guys soliciting outside their rooms pretty sure they were dealing with weed. WORST PLACE EVER DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Do not choose the cheap hotels.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marietta Hotel? Share your experiences!