“Excellent base for exploring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Stanley House Inn
You added Stanley House Inn to your Saves list
236 Church Street, Marietta, GA 30060   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
“Excellent base for exploring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a fantastic 3 days exploring Marietta and surrounding areas and couldn't have wished for a better base from which to do it. Our hosts were very welcoming and gave us any help and advice we asked for. The place itself is a wonderful piece of history and the area is not one you can properly explore in only 3 days/nights. We hope we can go back soon and finish it off!

Room Tip: We stayed in Savanna with Woodrow Wilson's bath, but all the other rooms looked excellent too
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

We stayed for two nights in the Alpharetta room located in the 2nd floor "turret". It was everything we had hoped for. A gorgeous historic home, incredibly friendly hosts and due
to the plaster walls the room was very quiet. We also enjoyed the short walk to the historic
Marietta town square. The room was spotless and well furnished with a bed so comfortable that my wife said I did not snore (this is rare!)

Room Tip: The turret room was my choice and was delightful. However, next time I would choose one of the large...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

different from the large inn, but you are personally serve. The rooms was clean and the host and hostess was great. It was quite and if there was a train I didn't hear it, I slap peaceful with my daughter and grandson. I was there for a wedding and the wedding was beautiful. I enjoy my two nights stay, and I also reading the history of the war and the south in the books they have their. So if you just want something different from the beach Motels and inn, you looking for a historic home and some down home cooking, go meet Meg and Joshed, they will make you feel you are on a vacation.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

My husband and I were married in this house 13 years ago. We have come twice since then, once for our anniversary and this past Valentine's day weekend. It is within walking distance to shopping and dining in Marietta square. We brought another couple with us this time and it was beautifully remodeled and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and the service was amazing! We loved it!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

A charming historic inn located just a couple of blocks from Marietta Square where there are dozens of unique restuarants and shops with a lot of personality. The Inn Keeper was very helpful to my wife, who wasn't feeling her best. Prices are very reasonable for the area. Parking is tricky, water pressure not so great, and the breakfast is not the main attraction. But overall I will consider staying there again the next time my wife accompanies me on a business trip to Atlanta. Particularly in warmer weather when we can hang out comfortably in the square.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Stayed here and celebrated a friends wedding. The venue is totally set up for weddings and everything was organised superbly. We had a great Wedding Day and the Ceremony and arrangements ran smoothly.
We stayed in the front turret room, Alpharetta.It was lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside to staying here is the noise of the regular Freight trains that run about every 20mins throughout the night, and they Hoot loudly as they pass by. This effectively renders a night sleep impossible. Shame
We stayed here 3 nights and saw nobody here until day three! The property is extremely clean and our room was kept superbly but offers no other services to speak of.
Wi-fi in our room was excellent...

Room Tip: Don't (can't) sleep here...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

The Stanley House Inn was decorated beautifully for the holidays. All of the rooms were very clean. We were very please with the quiet, cozy atmosphere as we learned many interesting facts about The Civil War and historical Marietta, Georgia.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Stanley House Inn? Share your experiences!