“Beautiful house, wonderful service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Stanley House Inn
You added Stanley House Inn to your Saves list
236 Church Street, Marietta, GA 30060   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Marietta B&B and Inns
Woodstock, Georgia
“Beautiful house, wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I were married in this house 13 years ago. We have come twice since then, once for our anniversary and this past Valentine's day weekend. It is within walking distance to shopping and dining in Marietta square. We brought another couple with us this time and it was beautifully remodeled and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and the service was amazing! We loved it!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A charming historic inn located just a couple of blocks from Marietta Square where there are dozens of unique restuarants and shops with a lot of personality. The Inn Keeper was very helpful to my wife, who wasn't feeling her best. Prices are very reasonable for the area. Parking is tricky, water pressure not so great, and the breakfast is not the main attraction. But overall I will consider staying there again the next time my wife accompanies me on a business trip to Atlanta. Particularly in warmer weather when we can hang out comfortably in the square.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Stayed here and celebrated a friends wedding. The venue is totally set up for weddings and everything was organised superbly. We had a great Wedding Day and the Ceremony and arrangements ran smoothly.
We stayed in the front turret room, Alpharetta.It was lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside to staying here is the noise of the regular Freight trains that run about every 20mins throughout the night, and they Hoot loudly as they pass by. This effectively renders a night sleep impossible. Shame
We stayed here 3 nights and saw nobody here until day three! The property is extremely clean and our room was kept superbly but offers no other services to speak of.
Wi-fi in our room was excellent...

Room Tip: Don't (can't) sleep here...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

The Stanley House Inn was decorated beautifully for the holidays. All of the rooms were very clean. We were very please with the quiet, cozy atmosphere as we learned many interesting facts about The Civil War and historical Marietta, Georgia.

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Much appreciated the respect for jet lag and sleeping late. Awesome linens and bed. Wonderful goodies put out each day. We felt welcome for use of kitchen-in case we needed a late night snack. Antiques, history, modern bathrooms. -m&thall

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Stayed a few nights while in town for business. The bed was comfy but the room itself was crowded with furniture and outdated decor. I really disliked the steps up to the bathroom with a louvered door. Jumping down from a high bed and then trying not to stub toes into the bathroom in the middle of the night is not fun. I do love quaint and character in accommodations but this place leaned more towards dated. Did I mention the train tracks nearby? 3 am, 6am...ugh! Downstairs seemed nice if you just wanted to rent the facility for a party, wedding shower etc.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Didn't know beforehand, but Stanley House Inn is mainly set up for wedding parties, not for overnight guests. All of the downstairs common areas, which you would normally expect to be available for guest sitting, is populated instead with small circular party tables and folding chairs. Turned out that there was a wedding party going on the night I stayed. The joint was jumping with a band and open bar. Not being a party to the wedding party, I was exiled to my room trying to hear the television over the music. Beside the music issue, I could only see the top half of the television screen over the four-foot tall bed between the television and the chair. When the band quit, I retired and slept well. There were nearby trains during the night, but truthfully they did not particularly bother me. Possibly because the train noise paled in comparison to the band. Breakfast in the morning was simple, but good, and served promptly by a nice couple. The inn is an easy four or five blocks walk from the town square, which was my destination, so it was very convenient in that regard. But, the upshot of my review is that I would not return there intending to spend the night as a B&B guest under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Stanley House Inn? Share your experiences!