“Superb Wedding Venue, lovely Charactered House but Extremely Noisy when Trains Pass.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stanley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Stanley House Inn
You added Stanley House Inn to your Saves list
236 Church Street, Marietta, GA 30060   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Marietta B&B and Inns
Poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here and celebrated a friends wedding. The venue is totally set up for weddings and everything was organised superbly. We had a great Wedding Day and the Ceremony and arrangements ran smoothly.
We stayed in the front turret room, Alpharetta.It was lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only downside to staying here is the noise of the regular Freight trains that run about every 20mins throughout the night, and they Hoot loudly as they pass by. This effectively renders a night sleep impossible. Shame
We stayed here 3 nights and saw nobody here until day three! The property is extremely clean and our room was kept superbly but offers no other services to speak of.
Wi-fi in our room was excellent...

Room Tip: Don't (can't) sleep here...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Stanley House Inn was decorated beautifully for the holidays. All of the rooms were very clean. We were very please with the quiet, cozy atmosphere as we learned many interesting facts about The Civil War and historical Marietta, Georgia.

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Much appreciated the respect for jet lag and sleeping late. Awesome linens and bed. Wonderful goodies put out each day. We felt welcome for use of kitchen-in case we needed a late night snack. Antiques, history, modern bathrooms. -m&thall

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Stayed a few nights while in town for business. The bed was comfy but the room itself was crowded with furniture and outdated decor. I really disliked the steps up to the bathroom with a louvered door. Jumping down from a high bed and then trying not to stub toes into the bathroom in the middle of the night is not fun. I do love quaint and character in accommodations but this place leaned more towards dated. Did I mention the train tracks nearby? 3 am, 6am...ugh! Downstairs seemed nice if you just wanted to rent the facility for a party, wedding shower etc.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

Didn't know beforehand, but Stanley House Inn is mainly set up for wedding parties, not for overnight guests. All of the downstairs common areas, which you would normally expect to be available for guest sitting, is populated instead with small circular party tables and folding chairs. Turned out that there was a wedding party going on the night I stayed. The joint was jumping with a band and open bar. Not being a party to the wedding party, I was exiled to my room trying to hear the television over the music. Beside the music issue, I could only see the top half of the television screen over the four-foot tall bed between the television and the chair. When the band quit, I retired and slept well. There were nearby trains during the night, but truthfully they did not particularly bother me. Possibly because the train noise paled in comparison to the band. Breakfast in the morning was simple, but good, and served promptly by a nice couple. The inn is an easy four or five blocks walk from the town square, which was my destination, so it was very convenient in that regard. But, the upshot of my review is that I would not return there intending to spend the night as a B&B guest under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

I travel for business and try to mix it up with accommodation - I've hit everything from the 5-Stars to a Goat Farm with two extra bedrooms. The perfect travel experience, in my opinion, is a lovely, beautifully restored B&B with hosts who understand that the business traveler may not have time for a lovely breakfast. I was left to my own devices (as I requested), but came "home" one night to fresh cake on a tea-cart outside my door. It was a wonderful, thoughtful gesture that made me feel that the fact that I couldn't hang out was not taken personally and that I was still 'a valued guest". On my last morning, I had a late flight and asked Lloyd if I could join the table for breakfast. I was served Bananas Foster pancakes and bacon! I will be back at the end of the month for another business trip - and you can bet I'll be booking a late flight!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

My wife and I stopped in Marietta for the night and stayed at the Stanley House on the advice of friends who had stayed there several months ago. Meg and her husband Joseph couldn't have been nicer. Extremely friendly and personable folks.The room was great (large, clean and well appointed), the service outstanding. We had a terrific breakfast out on the veranda and felt very much at home. Will definitely consider staying there again on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: The ones we saw all looked very nice. Don't think you could go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Stanley House Inn? Share your experiences!