“Kathy & her husband were lovely...as was the Savannah room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Stanley House Inn
You added Stanley House Inn to your Saves list
236 Church Street, Marietta, GA 30060   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Marietta B&B and Inns
Guntersville, Alabama
“Kathy & her husband were lovely...as was the Savannah room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Stanley House Inn last Saturday evening and found the house just gorgeous...the Savannah room was lovely and the house was neat and clean. Kathy and her husband were very hospitable, friendly, and helpful. In fact, when I pulled my dress for the wedding I was attending that night out of my bag, something had spilled. I called down and she offered various solutions including giving me a bottle she had of Club Soda, and giving us directions to the local pharmacy for stain removal if necessary. She brought up an iron and made us wonderful omlettes that next morning. Her husband was very friendly and we enjoyed listening to him talking about the house's history and even how they met. They travel back and forth between this house and another they own, so they are gone often. When I emailed immediately, I called and left a message and she called me back. Had the best slow dance ever in the large middle room, the morning we checked out...all alone with my man. A very romantic and wonderful get-a-way! I would love to go back one day! Thanks to you both!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Stanley House a year ago and am so excited to be going back there this September. I found the B&B charming and the people who accommodated us could not have been nicer. You know if I'm recommending the Stanley House, it must be superior because I am a real pain to be please. Gluten- and- dairy-free, I require breakfast and snacks to be missing 2 ingredients that the universe intended all to enjoy -- wheat, rye, barley, etc. and milk products. Stanley House not only met my needs - they exceeded them -- with homemade gluten- and- dairy-free cookies. How wonderful is that?.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The facility was clean and fun as an old house, restored, but there was no, I repeat, no service at all. I called and sent an e-mail the Friday before my Sunday arrival and never got a response. I called again and told the owner what time I planned to arrive on Sunday. I was told to call--a third time--when I was on my way to the hotel. I did so. Nevertheless, when I arrived, there was no one there to greet me and no instructions. It was dark, quite cold and windy and I was very uncomfortable as I stood in the unpleasant weather waiting for the owner to arrive (about 15 minute after I had now told her 3 times I would be there). When she arrived, she allowed as how she was doing me a favor by coming at all, since she usually did not greet new arrivals. Understand, I had never been given any instructions on what to do when I got there, so to say I was surprised that no one planned to be there when I got there is an understatement. During the week, despite the promises on the internet, there was no breakfast, no room cleaning, no nothing. I got a bed and a bathroom. There was not even a telephone. They expect you to use your cell, but do not tell you this until after you get there. There was never a "welcome", "glad to have you", "thank you for your business". I would never return.

Room Tip: None--the train runs by them all once an hour all day and all night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
stanleyhouse, Owner at Stanley House Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
The Stanley House offers both bed and breakfast accommodations upstairs and short term rental apartments on the ground floor. The apartments are rented inexpensively (half the price of the bed and breakfast rooms) as vacation rentals (3 night minimum) and do not include breakfast or daily housekeeping. Instead, rooms are tidied once a week but are adequately stocked for extended stays. The bed and breakfast rooms upstairs always include a gourmet full breakfast, afternoon snack, and daily housekeeping. We make a clear distinction in all of our advertising and when we take reservations that the apartments do not include the same level of service and are priced accordingly.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Stanley House was my husband and my first time staying at a B & B. It was really a great first expierence. The owners were very nice and gave us a lot of information about the area and things to see. The location was great, within walking distance of the square. This area was full of shops and places to eat. We would walk down have dinner and drinks and walk back to the B & B. We both felt very comfortable and safe in the area. The breakfast that was served was really good. There were a couple of weddings going on while we were there but it was really fun to see the young couples and really how beautiful everything was. I would stay there again with no problem and would not hesitate to tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

On our visit to the Stanley House we found it to be a lovely home and the breakfast was delicious. The owner was very nice. There was one drawback though. The house is only a block from some railroad tracks and the trains went by frequently during the night. Each time they blew their whistle, it interrupted our sleeping.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mableton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We love the B&B experience, and Stanley House did not disappoint. It is the perfect romantic getaway. The home is historic, but I will let innkeeper Lloyd tell you that story. Since the bulk of their business here is weddings, the home may stay decorated as a wedding/reception site. For us, this added to the romantic feeling throughout the weekend.

Breakfast was a well-done combination of home-cooking and a bit of fancy. The homemade praline sauce with hot cakes was a winner with my wife (the breakfast connoisseur). For us, breakfast was prompt, friendly, and delicious both mornings.

We stayed in the American-themed Marietta room. It was spacious enough and had all the necessary touches for a smooth and pleasant stay. The sheets and towels were high quality. A small heater made the chilly bathroom warm up quickly (the bedroom temperature was always nice). A day bed was a nice extra. Just very well done by experienced inn-keepers.

Even though we are from the area, Lloyd directed us to a restaurant we had not visited. It (Thaicoon) was an excellent choice.

My only negative was the mattress. My wife thought it was soft and comfortable. I thought it was a little too soft and had trouble keeping my back comfortable. Just a difference in preference, not a problem with the B&B.

With all the fun things to do in the Marietta Square (shopping, theater, eating, walking, farmer's market, etc.), you can't ask for a better getaway. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were clean and spacious. Some might be spooked by the wedding dress in the Sava...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My cousin got married here on Jan. 22, 2012. We stayed here because it was convenient. It made it easy for us to get ready for the wedding. We did everything in one place which was awesome! The only downfall was we have never stayed in a B & B before so we didn't know how the drinks and stuff worked. We didn't bring any drinks with us so we had to go to the store. There is a little refrigerator in the hall we used. Overall, it was a nice little place to stay. :) We stayed in the Marietta. A very nice room. King size bed and a twin bed. We had a pretty good sized bathroom too. If you're planning on getting married there, I recommend you stay there too. The breakfast is yummy! :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stanley House Inn? Share your experiences!