“Great Fun!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Stanley House Inn
Save Saved
You added Stanley House Inn to your Saves list
236 Church Street, Marietta, GA 30060   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Marietta B&B and Inns
Bakersfield, California
“Great Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Stanley House was my husband and my first time staying at a B & B. It was really a great first expierence. The owners were very nice and gave us a lot of information about the area and things to see. The location was great, within walking distance of the square. This area was full of shops and places to eat. We would walk down have dinner and drinks and walk back to the B & B. We both felt very comfortable and safe in the area. The breakfast that was served was really good. There were a couple of weddings going on while we were there but it was really fun to see the young couples and really how beautiful everything was. I would stay there again with no problem and would not hesitate to tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

On our visit to the Stanley House we found it to be a lovely home and the breakfast was delicious. The owner was very nice. There was one drawback though. The house is only a block from some railroad tracks and the trains went by frequently during the night. Each time they blew their whistle, it interrupted our sleeping.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mableton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We love the B&B experience, and Stanley House did not disappoint. It is the perfect romantic getaway. The home is historic, but I will let innkeeper Lloyd tell you that story. Since the bulk of their business here is weddings, the home may stay decorated as a wedding/reception site. For us, this added to the romantic feeling throughout the weekend.

Breakfast was a well-done combination of home-cooking and a bit of fancy. The homemade praline sauce with hot cakes was a winner with my wife (the breakfast connoisseur). For us, breakfast was prompt, friendly, and delicious both mornings.

We stayed in the American-themed Marietta room. It was spacious enough and had all the necessary touches for a smooth and pleasant stay. The sheets and towels were high quality. A small heater made the chilly bathroom warm up quickly (the bedroom temperature was always nice). A day bed was a nice extra. Just very well done by experienced inn-keepers.

Even though we are from the area, Lloyd directed us to a restaurant we had not visited. It (Thaicoon) was an excellent choice.

My only negative was the mattress. My wife thought it was soft and comfortable. I thought it was a little too soft and had trouble keeping my back comfortable. Just a difference in preference, not a problem with the B&B.

With all the fun things to do in the Marietta Square (shopping, theater, eating, walking, farmer's market, etc.), you can't ask for a better getaway. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were clean and spacious. Some might be spooked by the wedding dress in the Sava...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My cousin got married here on Jan. 22, 2012. We stayed here because it was convenient. It made it easy for us to get ready for the wedding. We did everything in one place which was awesome! The only downfall was we have never stayed in a B & B before so we didn't know how the drinks and stuff worked. We didn't bring any drinks with us so we had to go to the store. There is a little refrigerator in the hall we used. Overall, it was a nice little place to stay. :) We stayed in the Marietta. A very nice room. King size bed and a twin bed. We had a pretty good sized bathroom too. If you're planning on getting married there, I recommend you stay there too. The breakfast is yummy! :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

I am a recent college graduate who came to Marietta with a potentially life-changing objective in view. Due to this, I felt that I should treat myself to the warmest, most comfortable Southern hospitality in the Atlanta region. I received in full what I was hoping for at the Stanley House Inn! I should also add that this was my first stay ever at a B&B. I will probably never go back to staying at a traditional hotel after my stay...

The mansion is absolutely gorgeous — charming Victorian architecture with all manner of lovely courtyards and patios, sumptuous flora, rustic holiday decor and pleasant fragrances. The food was delicious: loaded omelet, hashbrown casserole, corn muffin, cherry wine cake, gourmet coffee, to elaborate just a little bit... Tea, cider, hot cocoa and cookies were available downstairs 24/7. Location is great, with a pretty little three-minute walk to the historic Square.

I stayed in the "Marietta" room, which has a cute, homey Americana theme. The bed was the most comfortable and spacious I have ever slept in! The sheets smelled so good and were buttery soft. I just loved the trains at night! I found them to be quite soothing... Also, the private bathroom was huge and very clean.

My favorite aspect of the stay, however, were my numerous enjoyable conversations with the owners/innkeepers, Lloyd & Cathy Kilday. Cathy is an excellent cook and a sweetheart to the core. She remembered a conversation we had regarding a French restaurant in Marietta and, without asking her to do so, went incognito and printed me a sheet with additional information and directions!

Lloyd is a true Southern gentleman. Due to heavy traffic, my ETA became much later than originally expected: ~1:30am, originally from ~10pm. He actually offered to wait up for me to personally let me in their home — so accommodating! He is a kind and gentle soul and his stories are incredibly fascinating. Great radio voice, too! :o)

They are so cute and hilarious together and are both encyclopedic in their knowledge of the region in its multiple facets. They are such a dear couple and have really become my friends. And so has little Sammy, their newest puppy dog!

How I hope to be back in Georgia soon! When I come, I certainly know where I hope to be staying. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed December 2011
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed there for 3 days during a recent business trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious and high quality room. I was at the Havannah room. Normally, most B&B would not offer that kind of quality fixtures and bed linens but this one is an exception. It is such a high standard inn suitable for business people that I even introduced it to my other business friends. The breakfast is big and wonderful, outstanding home-made food.
I will for sure come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Very nice room and the location was superb. A very short walk to the center of town where all the restaurants are located. A romantic place where you can lie in bed and hear a train whistle in the distance. The only thing to improve would be breakfast. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are as the pictures on website show. Quieter rooms will be the ones that do not face the main...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Stanley House Inn? Share your experiences!