We ate at Hemingway's this afternoon and one of the first things I did when I got home was write a review because it was so bad. Bottom line....avoid this place. There are plenty of other great restaurants on the Marietta Square including the Marietta Pizza Company and Johnny McCrackens. Let me just list some of the things that annoyed me....
1. You seat yourself...not a problem, however, it took seven minutes before a server greeted us.
2. The problem with number one...there were only two othe couples in the restaurant on a Saturday afternoon...this should have been our first clue.
3. I asked the server if they had any drink specials to which she sheepishly replied "Um...we never have any drink specials."
4. My souse ordered the grouper sandwich. The waitress says "We are out of Grouper."
5. We both ordered water with lemon.....they CHARGE YOU FOR "TAP WATER." (.25)
6. I ordered the soup and salad...the waitress said "Oh...you have to purchase a beverage to get it at that price and water is not included." I AM beyond annoyed at this point...
7. Our entrees come out and my clam chowder is cold. So, I sent it back to be re-heated and then began second guessing if I should have done that or not. Mind you, I was nice about it but I still wondered if I should have sent if back if you get what I mean. So, a few minutes pass and it comes back and it is now hot.
8. My spouse got the cuban sandwich after they told us they were out of grouper. Well...it came out and was just that...a sandwich. No side or nothing.
9. The table behind us ordered the same thing and I overheard the waitress ask the lady if she would like fries with her sandwich and she said "yes, that will be fine." They got their Cuban WITH fries. I asked our waitress if the Cuban came with fries and she said "Oh no sides are extra."
10. Did I mention everything in this place is served on styrofoam plates and cups with plastic silverware?????
BOTTOM LINE: Don't eat here. Don't waste your hard earned money. The cuban without fries was $7.95. Cold soup and salad $8. Tap water .50 cents. Hemingways should be featured on "Bar Rescue" and I don't know how this place stays in business. Nor in any way is this place "tropical." We will NOT GO BACK.
If you own or manage Hemingway's Tropical Bar & Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.