“Need to visit here more often!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Eclectic, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Crescent, Georgia
“Need to visit here more often!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Was in the Square due to some business with the court system, which took all of 15 minutes. Decided to have breakfast at the Australian Bakery afterwards. Haven't been in a while but it's still the same as previous visits. The wait was non-existent and friendly as ever. It's counter service but they bring out the food after you order. The Bacon & Cheese Wrap was oversized and could've been enough for two. With coffee, the tab was under $6 and well worth it.
There are meat pies and sandwiches of different types. I don't know Australian food so I won't comment if they're authentic. They have various grocery type items on sale such as biscuits (cookies?), candies, chocolates and Vegemite along with books/magazines.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“True Blue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Having lived in Australia for many years I can tell you that this is as good as it gets... just like down under...some great tucker...the curry chicken pie is my favorite!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marietta
“Almost as good as home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Being Australian I was very excited when this place opened and it doesn't disappoint. Food is good, people are friendly and you can pick up little grocery treats from home. Try the Lamingtons! Meat pies are great, my mother's sausage rolls are better though :)

Visited August 2011
Marietta, Georgia
“This is absolutely authentic (from an Australian)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had heard of the Australian Bakery for a long time but thought of it as a bakery rather than a full service cafe. When I learned that they had other than bakery items, I decided to take some friends who were visiting from Australia there when we visited the Marietta Square. When we exited the car, I pointed out the Bakery as the place we were going to have lunch. My friend later told me, "I thought, oh, this is one of those horrid American places that pretends to be Australian." But when we walked up to the door, my friends saw the menu posted on the window and after perusing it said, "This has promise." Once inside, seeing the menu board and the items on display, they became very excited. They also took note of the Vegemite and biscuits (their term) on display on the shelves. They told me what to order.

Immediately upon hearing their accents, the lady taking the order called back to the kitchen, "Neville, come out here," and owner-operator Neville Steele came out to greet them. Soon our order was ready and we sat down at the table to enjoy the fare, which we most certainly did. My friends said to me, "This is absolutely authentic Australian."

Since then, I have been there several times, most recently this month, and often take friends and visitors there. No one has been anything less than completely satisfied. It is true that sometimes you have to wait a few minutes if the food is being prepared fresh, but who can complain about that? This is not a fast food restaurant but a true cafe - and a delightful one.

I have never had anything there that was not wonderful and I've sample just about everything on the menu at one time or another. They do have "Americanized" offerings if you or your friends want something less traditional. In short, whatever you want, you'll be able to get it there but if you're looking for true Australian, this is the place.

The price is right, too!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“Treat yourself to a bit of the "land down under"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I've been to Australia and this place takes me back every time I go in.
Great meat pies ...fresh bread.

• Visited July 2011