“plastic glove tip found in salad” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
160 Cobb Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060-9209 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-b-q)
770-428-1534
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #203 of 607 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Wichita, Kansas
“plastic glove tip found in salad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband can not eat high salty food as at Sonny's, so he ate a salad. He pulled a tip 2" tip of plastic glove out of his mouth. We tried forever to get attention of someone. Finally a server got the manager. She acted like we were making a fuss about nothing. The only reason I ate part of my ribs was I have blood sugar issues and way over time I should eat. But I kept feel ill and didn't even finish my plate of all you can eat ribs. Manager acted hateful and did take the price of his salad off the bill. They did NOT take the salad from the bar. They said the salad was prepackaged. It wasn't their fault. THEY put it out to eat.. so who's fault is it? Now I have issues eating BBQ... or thinking about it I can lose my appetite and feel ill. If it had been me rather than my husband who had it in mouth, I'd hurled it all up right there. I did get sick thinking about it later. The attitude was totally who cares and what is the fuss. NASTY.... and rude. Should had had the whole meal comped. I should had walked out... or yelled it out to all the customers to watch in their salad for rubber tips of gloves. I have pictures. Maybe I should share that picture????

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I grew up eating Sonny's and there are non close to me. So I always eat there when traveling in Georgia or Florida. I had a bad travel day missed lunch was looking forward to BBQ and stopped at Sonnys on my way home from airport. Like I often do ordered AUCE slice pork and on a reorder order a piece of chicken was told that was not allowed. Than the manager made things worse by coming to my table with an insincere how can I help you only for to over hear tell the waiter she could not get a read on me. I had just ordered and followed a protocol of something I had done 4 times at 3 different Sonny's including that one in the past month. The pork beans and garlic bread were so good that night but this incident ruined my anticipated experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a sit down and order style BBQ restaurant chain. I tried two different locations. They were consistent and good, but there was nothing I found to make them stand out. It's the type place were I wouldn't hesitate to stop at if I was hungry and saw one up ahead, but not one that I would choose as a destination.

Visited May 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“yumm-o”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

can't go wrong with Sonny's. Great BBQ, tender meat, delicious seasonings, yummy sides, wish they had more dessert choices, not that there's any room, but just saying....

Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“management sucks!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I placed order for ribs not burndt, nor overdone to be picked up...got therre the order was never placed, Mexican woman alledged to be manager, got on the phone screaming with no apologies, ...than hung up...the fact of the matter is she never placed the order...found that out when I arrived at Sonnys...That was terrible customer service and bad burnt food...Not to mention she quoted me 20.00, got there they charged me 29.69, after I got there.

• Visited February 2013